Rousey's mom believes Ronda could've finished Bethe quicker, talks Cyborg, Miesha....

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
New interview with Ronda Rousey's mom Dr. AnnMaria De Mars over the weekend on Submission Radio

[YT]CTG8t1_GKzs[/YT]

Some Topics Covered:
-her recent trip to Brazil for UFC 190
-Ronda's 34 second demolition of Bethe Correia
-why Ronda should've and could've beaten her even faster
-if her comments on finishing the fight as quickly as possible played a part in the length of the fight
-Bethe's comments on Ronda's father's suicide and how they affected her
-Ronda leaving the UFC championship belt in the Brazilian Judo academy
-Ronda's grandmother watching the Entourage movie
-the story behind the term "Do Nothing Bitches"
-Ronda's book
-if Ronda would take Cris Cyborg up on a catchweight fight
-if Cyborg can be given the benefit of the doubt after failing a drug test in the past
-the rematch against Miesha Tate and how it will go

Some Quotes:

On her thoughts about Ronda

awesome work thanks

She could have come straight out and KO'd Bethe in about 8 seconds if she kept her composure. I'm not a Ronda fan at all but Bethe should not have been in there, really lacking in the skills department. Ronda was sloppy as hell for the first 30 seconds, pretty sure I saw some slapping, scratching, and hair pulling until she sat down and threw a couple proper punches....

But according to Rousey herself, Bethe was her most hated opponent ever. So why didn't she "toy" with her too? If I remember the 2nd fight correctly, Tate got out of a few armbar attempts. She showed good ground defense. Jibber-Jabber from her mom on that part. Give your opponent the credit they deserve even if you don't like them. That's the Warrior Code.

I respect the hell out of Rousey. But the insufferable stuff that comes along with the entourage is just too much and it's contaminating the mass population.

Last edited:
On if AnnMaria believes that Ronda Rousey will take the catch-weight bout with Cris Cyborg after she cleans out the UFC 135 pound division
“Um no, because Ronda is very motivated by spite. She doesn’t like Cyborg so she’s not going to do her any favours. So no, I don’t see that ever happening. If she came down to 135, Ronda would fight her tomorrow in the living room.”
She'd fight her tomorrow in the living room, and Ronda said she'd fight her out in the parking lot. BUT, only if Cyborg makes 135. I love how they throw around these comments about fighting anytime, anywhere, but always preface it with, but at 135. I'll fight Werdum in a dark alley, right now, but only at 185. Lol.

lol at ronda not throwing bethe "to make a point"

it's because she couldn't and had to brawl. her striking looked terrible. ronda's mom is an idiot.

ts, thanks for posting the interview. i appreciate the work you put into it. it was a good read.

But according to Rousey herself, Bethe was her most hated opponent ever. So why didn't she "toy" with her too? If I remember the 2nd fight correctly, Tate got out of a few armbar attempts. She showed good ground defense. Jibber-Jabber from her mom on that part. Give your opponent the credit they deserve even if you don't like them. That's the Warrior Code.

I respect the hell out of Rousey. But the insufferable stuff that comes along with the entourage is just too much and it's contaminating the mass population.

I think for Ronda "toying" means not throwing and armbarring. Problem was, Bethe couldn't take her shots.

Maybe it was me, but it looked to me like she wanted to keep hitting Bethe, but Bethe went unconscious. If Bethe had a better chin, I have little doubt that Rousey would have been perfectly happy to keep punching her.

It's hard to "toy" with someone when you're punching them in the face and they hit the mat face first.

Ronda is very motivated by spite. I believe this to be very true. But a lot of that is what drives her so hard and makes her so tough. She KNEW she was going to crush Bethe for example. She didn't even need a training camp. But she has the attitude like her mom where ya, there may was a 1 in 1million chance that Bethe might catch her and that 1 in 1million chance drives Ronda.
I think the best thing to do when fighting her is not to piss her off....heh. That didn't work so well for Cat though either.

It's not Ronda's fault Bethe couldn't withstand the punches. We can't really say she purposely ended it sooner because she didn't submit Bethe and she was going after Bethe when Big John picked her up. Miesha noted on the MMA Hour that she thought the fight ended before Ronda wanted it to because Bethe couldn't handle the onslaught and I fully agree.

Back