Rousey Vs Holm is first fight Rousey ever at disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL people actually bought Rogan and Dana's snake oil? hahaha

Ronda Holly , stylistically and " fundamentally to the stylistic ", will never EVER be forgotten..... it showed like a factual book how bad things can go for Ronda vs A BOXER and even on an elementary level.
Rousey was a 16-1 favorite. Holm couldve fought blind and just put her punches straight ( which she did anyway) and Rousey 's face/head would be there.
I watched in bewilderment as Rogan called it on point from the start.

FarBlissfulGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

I’ll admit that I thought Ronda would just throw her down and arm bar her too.

for the time, this was a really bold prediction. Holly was a 34 year old point fighter who hadn’t KO’ed anyone good ever and Ronda ran through the entire division and was, at that point one of the most dominant champions ever.

this thread is a microcosm of sherdog, both then and now.

most are lying if they say they predicted this

That's called "Hater's Wishful Thinking Syndrome."

Anyone who fights the object of their hatred suddenly becomes the next hero of the day and has the right tools to expose and penetrate the ***** in the champion's armor.

Of course Dana and Zuffas wolf ticket marketing hype certainly doesn't help either considering how many impressionable kiddies here buy into all that fabricated rivalry hype and weigh-in theatrics.

<{anton}>

<36>

Bro she was public enemy number 1 around here. This was back when she was saying she could beat Cain and Floyd and Rogan was calling her a once in a lifetime athlete.
Correction, he said “once ever”

He should have been let go at that point. He was also deluded lol

for the time, this was a really bold prediction. Holly was a 34 year old point fighter who hadn’t KO’ed anyone good ever and Ronda ran through the entire division and was, at that point one of the most dominant champions ever.

Very true.

I prob had a pick of Ronda sub, can’t remember honestly.

I do know I never thought the hype was justified. Im not saying she wasn’t good. She just shouldn’t have been a 12-1 favorite in these fights. It was absurd to think she was that invincible.

Dana was being a promoter and Rogan was his usual bandwagon self.

<36>

Bro she was public enemy number 1 around here. This was back when she was saying she could beat Cain and Floyd and Rogan was calling her a once in a lifetime athlete.

That was so infuriating to read threads by Ronda titshuggers analyzing her videos of when she rolled with Mousasi and BJ Penn, and talking about how what a domination that was, and that she went easy on them boys not to embarass them too bad, but you could tell from their behavior and the way they were smirking 99% of the time that they were both deeply disturbed realizing that a chick was whooping their asses.

Conor nuthuggers were annoying too, but most of them didn't know any better and just discovered the sport. Lots of old school OGs jumped on the Ronda wagon though...
Which begs the question, when can you start forming & giving an educated opinion on who the GOAT is?
Did you have to have followed the sport when they were active?

Pretty insane to think that the "Conor vs Floyd" generation has already been following the sport for 4 years at this point <{Joewithit}>

Edmond gets a ton of shit as apparently you can make a girl great at boxing who has never thrown a punch until there 20s. edmonds built several fighters from the ground up that are on the rise today and had the most prominent wmma bitch of all time.

Edmond was t the problem. She got away from what made her so great. She shouldn’t even throw any strikes. Just work the clinch and ground game.

No she really doesn't have a chance.

Holm doesn't really have fight ending power to threaten Ronda or to deter her from rushing in and throwing bombs like she did against Coreia. She might be a better overall striker but anyone who thinks this fight will be kept at a distance where Holm can pot shot her way to a decision victory is absolutely insane.

Ronda wins and wins impressively once again. Ronda by KO or SUB Round 1 depending on how she wants to take it. She might want to prove a point and KO the 'better striker' or just embarrass her by throwing her to the ground and ripping her arm off immediately.

I don't care if she trains at Jackson's that simply won't matter. How the hell is Holm more 'battle tested'? I can't believe people keep hyping Ronda's next opponent as the one to change things.

Holm has ZERO plausible paths to victory.
NextUnconsciousArctichare-small.gif

Edmond gets a ton of shit as apparently you can make a girl great at boxing who has never thrown a punch until there 20s. edmonds built several fighters from the ground up that are on the rise today and had the most prominent wmma bitch of all time.

Edmond was t the problem. She got away from what made her so great. She shouldn’t even throw any strikes. Just work the clinch and ground game.
I'm not so sure about that one chief. Ronda looked for the clinch in the entire Holly fight, she never had any takedowns that weren't from the clinch and had too much of an ego that was fueled by a moronic coach to develop them or to learn how to cut off the ring.

And yes you can learn to throw a punch in your 20s.

That really doesn't matter, I lost my first account to a bad prediction but when someone lays out how fighter a is going to beat fighter b, at least come with something better than Ronda is going to magically get the armbar.

I predict Holly will KO Ronda via Headkick in the second round. Ronda will be a sore loser and retire after one more fight in which she gets her ass beat pillar to post

That was so infuriating to read threads by Ronda titshuggers analyzing her videos of when she rolled with Mousasi and BJ Penn, and talking about how what a domination that was, and that she went easy on them boys not to embarass them too bad, but you could tell from their behavior and the way they were smirking 99% of the time that they were both deeply disturbed realizing that a chick was whooping their asses.

Conor nuthuggers were annoying too, but most of them didn't know any better and just discovered the sport. Lots of old school OGs jumped on the Ronda wagon though...
Which begs the question, when can you start forming & giving an educated opinion on who the GOAT is?
Did you have to have followed the sport when they were active?

Pretty insane to think that the "Conor vs Floyd" generation has already been following the sport for 4 years at this point <{Joewithit}>
Wanna list some of these OG Ronda waggoneers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back