Rousey or Pena Will Get A Title Fight Against Nunes

platypus44

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The division is chaotic now but logically Rousey or Pena should get the next title shot. Tate doesn't deserve a rematch after the drubbing she took (and she may not be ready for a while), Holm has lost two in a row, Shevchenko has already been beaten by Nunes, while Zingano has beaten both Nunes and Tate - it would be crazy to give her a title shot after being beaten by Pena. That leaves Pena and Rousey as the last two standing. I bet Dana is on the phone with Rousey begging her to come back. From Rousey's point of view, the strategic issue is whether to take a title shot now or wait until Nunes fights Pena and then fight the winner.
It is really hard to figure who to put up against Shevchenko after her impressive win (maybe Zingano) and that dilemma may be the one reason I could be wrong and Shevchenko could get the shot. But I don't think so. I also think that a Holm/Cyborg fight is a possibility in that, if successful, Holm would catapult back up to the top of the heap.

pena and thats it. rousey aint comin back anytime soon. she got carano'd

If Rousey doesn't come back, it will be Pena by process of elimination. But the media dudes who have bought UFC are going to be on the phone begging Ronda to return and offering her a ton of dough.

Ronda is not coming back. It's either Pena or Shevchenko. I think most people would rather see Shevchenko rematching Nunes.

If Rousey doesn't come back, it will be Pena by process of elimination. But the media dudes who have bought UFC are going to be on the phone begging Ronda to return and offering her a ton of dough.
better off just moving on. pena and nunes are exciting and marketable. both arnt scared to smack talk and they whoop ass. no sense waiting for ronda to come back because we dont know how long she will continue to fight any how

Ronda is not coming back. It's either Pena or Shevchenko. I think most people would rather see Shevchenko rematching Nunes.
no way pena all day

Pena vs Shevchenko

Nunes against the winner.

Nunes took over from Shelby haven't you heard?

I think Pena gets it but only because Rousey is looking like a HW. Hasn't had any indication of a return besides her "I guess it's time to get back to training" after Holm lost but it's possible since Holm won't get to fight her again anytime soon. Honestly the division isn't interesting without Ronda it's basically like a fight with close fighters where no matter who wins it's not shocking

I think Pena gets it but only because Rousey is looking like a HW. Hasn't had any indication of a return besides her "I guess it's time to get back to training" after Holm lost but it's possible since Holm won't get to fight her again anytime soon. Honestly the division isn't interesting without Ronda it's basically like a fight with close fighters where no matter who wins it's not shocking

You are probably right. It will eventually sort itself out - possibly with Shevchenko emerging.

Ronda got Holm'd
sqXfrlrmUVPsQ.gif

Ronda comes back to try for the belt or not at all. So my guess is it's going to be Pena, as in I don't think that Ronda is really ready to come back.

Amanda gonna probably defend belt in Brazil on that UFC 204 card. Vitor is on that card and he's fighting in Brazili makes sense

If Ronda passes it has to be Pena in my opinion just by process of elimination

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back