Round table: legends!

CJ21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I watched the round table: legends hosted by jay and it had Tito, Royce Gracie, mark Coleman and randy couture. They all pretty much agreed that bones jones is the best fighter in the world, mark Coleman even going as far as saying he's the best fighter ever! They all even agreed that bones would beat silva cuz of his wrestling, Royce was kind of on Edge but you could tell he was thinking the same he just didn't say it.

I've been think he was the best fighter in the world and I think he will go down as the greatest fighter even when he retires.
Thoughts on their discussion and conclusion that jones is the best?

No I don't have a link cuz I watched it on tv the other day, go look it up and watch it yourself if you want to see it.

i cant say that Bones is the best ever yet, not even close. He is the best lhw of all time already which is amazing in and of itself. He is still ranked behind andy and fedor and Hendo for GOAT. Hes getting there quick though.

He has all the potential to become the best ever. I think he will. He's the most well rounded. But so far Anderson has had 10 title defenses and Jones has four. I'm sure he won't lose toSonnen, but that still leaves him 5 fights until he gets where Anderson is, assuming Anderson stops winning. Also Anderson has won impressively every time he fought a LHW and we are yet to see how Jones does against bigger and stronger guys.

I do believe Jones would beat Anderson using GnP.

I think the problem is it's hard to know how much of Jones success comes from him being clearly bigger and stronger than everyone he fights. He is awesome though. I'm not denying that.

Anderson Silva is the GOAT don't really care what the legends think.

There are 2 new legends episodes with GSP, BJ, Serra and Renzo. Well worth checking out.

Anderson Silva is the GOAT don't really care what the legends think.

while I agree with Anderson being the GOAT, you should show respect for the pioneers that built this great sport. Coleman specifically gets too much shit on this website.

i cant say that Bones is the best ever yet, not even close. He is the best lhw of all time already which is amazing in and of itself. He is still ranked behind andy and fedor and Hendo for GOAT. Hes getting there quick though.

I wouldn't call him LHW GOAT yet because what if he for example loses his next three fights, is never able to get back to that championship level and retires? It's very, very unlikely but injuries and other stuff can happen. He'd retire with a 17-4 record in that case and I don't think anyone would call him GOAT at that point. You could argue that he was best LHW ever in his prime but that doesn't make you GOAT.

I think Wand, Shogun, Rampage and Chuck are top candidates for LHW GOAT.

Yes, I know Bones beat two of them, but GOAT is relative to an entire career.

He is catching up to them very fast, though.

The competition is stifling Bones, though.

A win over Vitor and Chael isn't huge, relative to LHW GOAT status.

He still has a large margin to catch up to GSP, Fedor and Anderson.

I like Hendo, and have all the respect in the world for him, but given bad losses, including a domination at the hands of Shields, and a number of questionable (some might say gift) decisions, he has no business in any discussions for top 5 GOAT.

More on topic, Jones has the look of someone who could go down as the GOAT. Obviously he's not there yet, though. Time will tell. Perhaps someone will figure out the puzzle he presents. Or perhaps he will enjoy a decade of dominance. As of now, I'd say that he certainly has the most impressive early-career run that we've ever seen.

I like Hendo, and have all the respect in the world for him, but given bad losses, including a domination at the hands of Shields, and a number of questionable (some might say gift) decisions, he has no business in any discussions for top 5 GOAT.

More on topic, Jones has the look of someone who could go down as the GOAT. Obviously he's not there yet, though. Time will tell. Perhaps someone will figure out the puzzle he presents. Or perhaps he will enjoy a decade of dominance. As of now, I'd say that he certainly has the most impressive early-career run that we've ever seen.

Agreed.

Hendo isn't even close to GOAT, nor will he be based off of his retirement talk.

I think Wand, Shogun, Rampage and Chuck are top candidates for LHW GOAT.

Yes, I know Bones beat two of them, but GOAT is relative to an entire career.

He is catching up to them very fast, though.

The competition is stifling Bones, though.

A win over Vitor and Chael isn't huge, relative to LHW GOAT status.

He still has a large margin to catch up to GSP, Fedor and Anderson.

Jones already has better wins than all of them.

As PRIDE champion in his prime, Wandy was fighting guys with losing records or who were making their mma debut.

Examples:

Wandy's first fight after becoming champ: Ostuka, who was on a 3 fight losing streak and had a record of 2-8. Can you imagine Jones as champ fighting someone of that quality? That would be like him fighting Shannon Ritch in his next fight. Wandy's next fight as champ: Tamura, who was on a 3 fight losing streak. He went on to fight many other guys of this quality in his prime as champion. He split with Arona, and never fought the two best guys in the division at the time, Shogun and Nog. Don't even compare him to Jones. Jones is easily lhw goat.

As PRIDE champion in his prime, Wandy was fighting guys with losing records or who were making their mma debut.

Examples:

Wandy's first fight after becoming champ: Ostuka, who was on a 3 fight losing streak and had a record of 2-8. Can you imagine Jones as champ fighting someone of that quality? That would be like him fighting Shannon Ritch in his next fight. Wandy's next fight as champ: Tamura, who was on a 3 fight losing streak. He went on to fight many other guys of this quality in his prime as champion. He split with Arona, and never fought the two best guys in the division at the time, Shogun and Nog. Don't even compare him to Jones. Jones is easily lhw goat.

Wand beat Hendo, who was still top 5 at the time and undefeated.

Mezger was top 10.

Saku was ranked 1-3, which would be like Bones beating Lyoto 3 times over.

Arona was a top 5 main stay and remained top 10 all the way till he quit competing.

Wand beat K-1 great Mirko Cro Cop, and did it at both, Cro Cop's own game and in the MMA realm.

Wand doubled up on Bones outing and beat Rampage 2X's.

Jardine was solid at top 10, having just beaten Liddell.

Bones needs more big wins before he can surpass Wand.

Examples:

Jones has better wins then all of them? Because he has wins in his own division? You act like everyone in the LHW division is some unstoppable monster :icon_lol:

I can't wait till the day that Jones loses for the first time, you will probably have a serious breakdown.

Jones has better wins then all of them? Because he has wins in his own division? You act like everyone in the LHW division is some unstoppable monster :icon_lol:

I can't wait till the day that Jones loses for the first time, you will probably have a serious breakdown.

What great wins do those other guys have outside their division?

What great wins do those other guys have outside their division?

Anderson beat Forrest Griffin while he was the #4 LHW, one fight removed from the title. He beat Sakurai at WW when he was ranked #1 in the world.

GSP defeated the #1 LW in BJ Penn.

This shouldn't even be an argument, Jones career isn't even comparable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back