Roufus: Punk Punk is training with the team now

Very interested who his opponent is going to be. Who is equally on the same talent level and has enough of a name that the first match isn

Because he was only doing it for fun, in-between WWE stints he never cared to be "graded" that way, so he told Gracie he wanted to stay a white belt

Ok thanks. Also, he's been training muay thai before, hasn't he? I heard that's what inspired some of his moves in pro-wrestling, like the knee in the corner.

Bobby Lashley isn't that bad in MMA, he isn't top tier but he is at least on the King Mo/Rampage Jackson level. I say he finishes Thompson this time, and fights a top 10. Lashley should think about going to WWE (TNA is silly) or UFC (Bellator isn't where the best fight). I would love to see Lashley fight in the UFC because he can at least beat some guys.

Lashly dropped out today with an injury

Also, everyone who is here should look up Batista's MMA fight. CM Punk will at least be better than Batista.

Bobby Lashley isn't that bad in MMA, he isn't top tier but he is at least on the King Mo/Rampage Jackson level. I say he finishes Thompson this time, and fights a top 10. Lashley should think about going to WWE (TNA is silly) or UFC (Bellator isn't where the best fight). I would love to see Lashley fight in the UFC because he can at least beat some guys.

Dude he got injured and I think he got out of the fight

Ok thanks. Also, he's been training muay thai before, hasn't he? I heard that's what inspired some of his moves in pro-wrestling, like the knee in the corner.

Yep, he trained because he loved it.
He never thought he would do it for real.
That is why I am rooting for him.
He had a career & was doing great & became disenfranchised & going for a dream
How anybody cannot respect that amazes me ..... wait, he was in the WWE & this is Sherdog lol

Roufus will make him kick banana trees all day, tie his legs to two trees and pull a rope by forcing him to do the splits.

I am guessing you never watched wrestling.

If you thought Brock brought in fans, just wait until you see Punk in the UFC.

MW < HW for the casuals. I honestly don't have any idea other than that though. I never knew who punk was except from this forum.

How anybody cannot respect that amazes me ..... wait, he was in the WWE & this is Sherdog lol

well, he made it, yes, but if you followed his last months in the WWE his booking was more and more questionable. A midcard feud with Kane prior to WM30? Screw Triple H and his hatred for Punk and his actions behind the curtains.

Also, he considers his WWE career a fail due to absence of WM main event. He's a bit harsh there, I think.

I support him, too, was crazy when the UFC signed him :)

Did you mean "disenchanted"?

I don't think anyone would have a problem with him going into MMA. The problem is that he is going into the UFC at 0-0 with no previous combat sports competition experience of any sort. Prior to this, Brock was a huge guy with elite wrestling credentials and Toney was a champion boxer (even though the latter was seen as a joke by most that knew anything about anything as well).

this is starting to feel a lot like when that batista guy had one fight.. people said really nice things about him in the gym too, he had one fight and then that was it

and seriously? what are the trainers going to say? "Actually he's sucking a fat one right now.. he's terrible"

of course not. that striking question he just flat out dodged "is it striking good?" "It will be!" lol...meaning it's not..right now

i wonder if he'll be announced as phil " cm punk " brooks, hope he just sticks with his actual name.

I wouldn't be surprise if CM Punk will bring alot of fans in UFC since he's still getting chants in WWE even he's not there anymore.

This is just like Kimbo.

Kimbo: "...until I'll put THESE HANDS on ya!"

kimbohoustontired.gif

Back