Roufus: Punk Punk is training with the team now

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
C.M. Punk is mostly going to be training in private with Duke Roufus. Right now the plan is for him to do six months of hard training and then evaluate where he is at that point, and then make a decision on when he

The BIG question is who he is going to tag team with. Punk and Machida vs. Boestch and Marquardt? Steel Cage match?

Looking forward to seeing how this whole thing turns out. Should have been more quick about it. In 6 months the question will be "CM who?"

Looking forward to seeing how this whole thing turns out. Should have been more quick about it. In 6 months the question will be "CM who?"

No chance, the second they announce a fight it will be publicity city
I wouldn't count out a reality show as well

C.M. Punk is mostly going to be training in private with Duke Roufus. Right now the plan is for him to do six months of hard training and then evaluate where he is at that point, and then make a decision on when he

I am guessing you never watched wrestling.

If you thought Brock brought in fans, just wait until you see Punk in the UFC.

Lots of people are saying he will bring in more fans than Brock did. I find this hard to believe. Is CM Punk bigger than wrestlers such as John Cena or The Rock? I don't follow at all and really didn't know who he was prior to him coming to UFC.

Lots of people are saying he will bring in more fans than Brock did. I find this hard to believe. Is CM Punk bigger than wrestlers such as John Cena or The Rock? I don't follow at all and really didn't know who he was prior to him coming to UFC.

No way
Brock brought in fans because of his aura & WWE was 2x as popular back when he left
Punk will bring fans, but not like Brock did
Also Punk is not fighting guys like Mir & Couture in his first 3 fights

Any word on Askren's attitude to having to train with Punk? He wasn't pleased with the big signing.

New years Show Next Year. Or Maybe if they're smart CM Punk will fight Wrestlemania Weekend.

If his best asset is his BJJ, and he's a white belt with two strips...yikes.

Six months is a long time. Makes it seem even longer when he gets all this press coverage.

Looks like I missed it hundred of times.

Because he was only doing it for fun, in-between WWE stints he never cared to be "graded" that way, so he told Gracie he wanted to stay a white belt

Phil Brooks will be given a nobody who would otherwise not fight in the UFC, or even qualify for TUF.

Brooks has zero combat experience of any kind, and hopefully the MMA teaches him something he can bring back into Pro Wrestling in the future, give him about 5 years away from WWE and he will return like they all do. Even the ones who hate WWE most.

Brooks will probably fight 2 gimme fights, then a low ranked opponent for 3 fights that he should be able to win. He should also, within these fights, establish the "level" of a fighter he is, and establish once and for all his fan impact.

He will probably fight next year if he is smart. Take 8 months to train hardcore, then 4 months training camp. Problem for him, is being over 30, trying to sustain a marriage (with a woman who works for WWE) and keeping time on his side.

I hope he does well, wins a few fights then realizes that he shouldn't be in MMA and announces retirement at the end of his contract.

Also, everyone who is here should look up Batista's MMA fight. CM Punk will at least be better than Batista.

Bobby Lashley isn't that bad in MMA, he isn't top tier but he is at least on the King Mo/Rampage Jackson level. I say he finishes Thompson this time, and fights a top 10. Lashley should think about going to WWE (TNA is silly) or UFC (Bellator isn't where the best fight). I would love to see Lashley fight in the UFC because he can at least beat some guys.

Back