Rotator Cuff problem, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid Rockface

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys

I need some advice. I was going to my gym and lifting pretty light weights, and using machines etc. In addition I was also learning Krav Maga.

I noticed at one stage (no specific time) that when I did this one stretch, which is where you bring your elbow up behind your head and press your elbow down with your other hand, that my area around my shoulder (and what I think is my rotator cuff) is hurting a bit.

This has been going on now for about 2 months. I have not done any krav maga or gym since (due to time constraints) but I still have this dull and slight pain when I lift my right arm up and across my body.

Could I have damaged something? And what is the best course of action to heal the injury? This is very important to me as I am also a violinist and I don't want problems with my arms when I am older.

Thanks in advance!

PS Sorry if this is maybe the wrong forum to post this in. I couldn't find a more suitable place.

I need some advice. I was going to my gym and lifting pretty light weights, and using machines

That's why. And how can we tell if we can't see it? Even then, none of us are doctors. Go to one and get it checked out. Banned topic.

We aren't doctors. If you have chronic pain and limited ROM, it's probably not an issue we can fix by giving you some exercises. You probably needs to see a sports doc.

Go to a sports doctor. I'm not sure it's your rotator cuff going by your descriptions however.

Um yeah I wanted to add that I don't need any of you critiquing my workout (yet!). This is not what the topic is about.

I wouldn't say my ROM is limited, and the pain is basically only when I do this stretch that I mentioned (does the stretch have a name?).

It's what I'd consider very light pain (I can do the stretch despite the pain, with just mild discomfort).

I don't have tons of money to go see sports doctors etc, and I wouldn't even know where to find one, so was just wondering if any of you are familiar with the symptoms.

Takeahnase, what makes you think it's not rotator cuff? How would that area which hurts me be described then? I'm not big on the anatomy thing. The part which hurts is like the muscle in front of my shoulder, just above my biceps. According to this diagram the muscle I am referring to is the "anterior head" muscle, as seen in the left hand diagram.

Again, if anybody can contribute something useful (e.g. they've had a similar problem or have experience with this) I'd be happy to hear.

I'm going through the same injury, only my shoulder didn't succumb to such ghey activities.

Rest it a bit, then check out Diesel Crew's 2-minute ultimate shoulder warm-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back