Ross Pearson vs. Sam Stout Official @ UFC 185

We've only seen Stout's chin fail once against an absolutely monstrous puncher who landed a picture perfect full power right hand directly on the button early in their fight. Considering the absolute BOMBS Stout's had landed on him throughout his career (the Stephens fight being the craziest example of this) it is possible that the accumulation of shots has rendered his chin obsolete. I personally think it's still good to go and I don't think that Pearson really has the power to put Stout out or even hurt him considerably, provided his chin is still anywhere near it's former glory.

What Pearson does have in abundance is speed, well rounded stand up technique, and stamina to burn and I think that allows him to take a pretty one-sided decision against the much slower, defensively-flawed Hands of Stone. On that note, he really doesn't hit that hard for a guy with that moniker. Chin of Stone would make more sense, if you think about it.

Never heard of Stout and the only Pearson fight I saw was with him doing basically nothing against Diego.

This is the only fight on the card in which I'm not interested at all. Oh well.

You should probably try watching a fight sometimes if you don't know Sam Stout.

That's a stacked f'n card. I'm sure there will be complaints from the peanut gallery about the WMMA title fight, but it's all good.

nice fight , once again two fighters I like are going up against each other .
I've got Ross by decision, stout is very durable but I think Ross will be to technical for him .

Pearson looked decent at one point in his career but seems to have dropped off a bit. It's like he fights in such a way that he expects every fight to go to the scorecards.

I would have liked to have seen the Guillard fight made again, that would have been a great indication of where he's at.

I like both fighters but have to go with Ross here, always loved watching Sam fight though, this is a great matchup

Pearson can probably win this.

Both these guys will never come close to contend for a belt, they should be used for fun fights such as thing.

Why isn't this on 186? Kinda dumb to have it on 185. 186 in canada. Stout is candian and pearson a brit...

Pearson/Stout and Theodorou/Narvaez were almost certainly lined up for the March 7 FN event in Windsor that was recently scrapped. More than likely they want to go ahead and get paid rather that wait longer. Chad Laprise was supposedly lined up for a fight at that event too.

Pearson via KO

Will be interesting to see which submission Stout will apply to the ref this time.

Honestly, I thought Stout had retired.

Stout has always been fun to watch.
He's got a ton of FOTN, I think.
I hate when he goes for a surprise TD, for no other reason than...

Pearson is fun to watch too.
He's been on the wrong end of a couple of strange decisions.

So is this the last fight on the prelims?

Pearson can probably win this.

Both these guys will never come close to contend for a belt, they should be used for fun fights such as thing.

Which is why I was always hoping to see Stout vs Njo, but they let Njo go.

Pearson via KO

Will be interesting to see which submission Stout will apply to the ref this time.

Ouch. I think Stout will be on his A game for this fight but saying that I know Ross needs this win just as much.

Ross Pearson is Bisping-lite, the UFC handles him the exact same way. There's the same absurd overpromotion, highlighted by Ross inexplicably having fought in the main or co-main event for his last six fights, despite not even being a top 15 fighter in his division. Not to mention the season of TUF he coached. Then there's the selective matchmaking, which comes with a handpicked gimme fight every time he loses. He even married a blonde Australian chick and joined a gym in California, he's literally becoming Michael Bisping.

Taking Pearson in this one. Stout really hasn't been the same since Tompkins passed.

Back