• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Wow. So the person you hate didn't support Roseanne but you "think" he would based off of your bias?
He made a tweet about ABC.....The company that fired roseanne......It's obvious he is making it because of what happened.

He is talking shit about ABC because right now a good chunk of his base is pro roseanne......This is how he supports roseanne and his base without directly supporting them

Is trolling 101 bro, 10d chess, you wouldn't understand, kid.

Americans are way too hyper-sensitive. Chill out.

Somebody's drunken late-night tweets shouldn't send the country into a state of national emergency.

When you read somebody's posts on the internet, stop always assuming the worst about their intentions.

Oh man. The racist has you so shook up that you're wallpapering ABC with sanctity like Vegas whore flyers. What a time to be alive. You've turned out to be pretty treacherous, haven't you. Another one hellbent on eating his own, over very little. Try to eat me, you'll get the worst shits you ever had.

Fuck Disney, don't care. Fuck the church of the good word of the minute. Fuck the hair trigger, sprung on every misstep. Fuck the rolling stone of moral justice, gathering no wisdom or caution.

And yes, let's not be drastic here. We've tightened our internet justice cycle to less than 24 hours- seized, judged, and shot in the back of the head. Fuck that too. Let it breathe. Let it reflect.

You're so goddamn interested in categorizing anything I might say against the good word. You have no curiosity. I am the enemy, and that is what matters to you in this moment.

A radical centrist, because I say be cautious and don't immediately cancel the show. A radical centrist, because I think people should consider the role of comedians in the culture. A radical centrist, because the replacement for the show is probably going to be just another boring unoffensive sitcom. A radical centrist because I'm saying to calm down and think about this, and acquit ourselves of our fury.

I haven't installed the program. I believe in most of things people outraged about this believe in. But I didn't get that metoo firmware upgrade. I said to forgive the trespassers and pick up the pieces, and I was called a sexual assault apologist. This is turning out the same fuckin' way, and I don't accept it.

I have all the same worries about white nationalism, but I have a slightly different prescription- that we at least temper our "gotcha" reflex. That's all. That we consider our power and use it sparingly and effectively. We're winning the argument on every front except the voting booth, and we're going to win that one too. Let's not scorch the Earth in the process.

When the comic is subject to the same standards as any other job, fuck comedy. That's a canary in the coal mine. Absolutely. At least you're not arguing that it wasn't a joke. Jesus Christ.

Yes, they knew Roseanne was a Trumpy headcase when they hired her. I bet they spent a hell of a lot more time and care building the new show with that in mind than they did pulling the plug when the inevitable happened.

I don't know whether Roseanne can help being racist or making racist jokes. I certainly don't want her to stop making racist jokes. Not her, or Chris Rock- even though his racist jokes recently were garbage and offensive- or anyone else. The higher we ratchet up this pressure on language and expression, the more relieving the good jokes will be. Unless we're going to be mobbed for them arbitrarily.

Of course it's not the job of the comedian not to be racist. Fuck that.

She did apologize, and we owed it a hearing, and for a few hours at least seemed to maintain her sanity about it. She went and fucked that up, but that's another chapter. She didn't have to fuck it up.

Who's next on the swarm's agenda, Trotsky? Chris Rock?

Then they came for the comics, and there was no one left to speak for me. LOL.
Go damn Fawlty. Amazing. Well said. High five and 20 oz. pint to you.

Haha! Gad Saad sounds like he is explaining things to a toddler. Can't imagine the level of his frustration.

I had to fix it for you.

Sometimes simplicity is best
lol

Trotsky is a wordy dude for sure. That's fine w/me though. He's not an easy person to argue with, which is fine too.

I just took an ambien. The worst that I post is that my spelling goes to shit and I nod off and tap on links that i did not mean to-usually click bait or adds, but I have been taking it for 12 years

I might be nuts but I actually believe that Roseanne didn't even know she was part black

EDIT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...aims-didnt-know-valerie-jarrett-is-black/amp/

I guess she didn't

She's out there, but it if she actually did not know VJ was part black than this is WAY overblown
Yeah I can't say I know about that part, because I didn't know she was black until I had looked more closely at pictures of her. But that admission is really controversial right now, and friends will accuse you of anything that comes to mind in order to try to shut that down. She might be telling the truth and she might be lying. What kills her on this are her comments years ago, which are offensive comparisons of black people to monkeys.

Have u seen the Planet of the Apes character she's probably talking about?

Just a general comparison to the female look from the flicks. This is the best comparison I've seen:

3f5d24eb545f5a0a658c04920dca3650--helena-bonham-carter-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

val.jpg

I mean, you gotta be pretty dishonest to not admit that there is at least some merit to that comparison.

And didn't know the chick was black, thought she was Jewish, never would have said that shit...

Who knows?

I am not ever the slightest bit interested in hearing from either of these people individually, yet I've been curious about this episode since I heard it was coming.
Go figure.

she doesn't look black to me, so who knows? I'm not the karma police.

052918-valerie-jarett-kal-1080x608.jpeg

Joe Rogan is a pseudoscience-loving idiot who can’t stop giving a platform to hateful assholes.

Back