Rose Will Finish Andrade

Expect Rose to dominate Andrade then bounce until mid 2020 at the earliest. They gave her too much time to re-tool for Andrade. I don't like her, Pat or that rat of a coach she has but if you lock them in a gym for 12 months and re-tool for each specific fighter type I can see her winning.

She is nothing like JJ. Hope she loses so the division has an active champ even for a hot minute and unclog the division.

Nothing against Rose but I want to see Andrade win. And if she does it will be by TKO I suspect.

I think Andrade is too durable and has the best cardio in the division, so can't see the TKO happening personally. I'm seeing a Rose UD with Jessica maybe winning 1 round. I expect it to be an entertaining scrap nonetheless.

I am gonna go with Andrade on this one. I think she's gonna get inside and land her power shots.

Andrade's striking sucks. Watch her highlights. She just barrels in and swings like old school wanderlei. Rose is way more technical.

I think rose picks her apart. So a finish could happen after some punishment accumulates.

Skill vs skill, rose should take this easy. I just hope her head is in the game and not on the bus.

I agree with your comment. The key is for her to keep the focus. Versus Joanna it was easier since Joanna kept running her mouth so much.

Rose is not Joanna. Just cause she beat Joanna a couple times doesn't mean she inherited her skill set
Andrade is a terrible match up for her and even if she does eek out a decision she's gonna get curb stomped by Suarez right after.

I'm torn on this one. If forced to put money on it at even odds, I'd put it on Andrade. As has been mentioned, Namajunas is quite a bit more technically sound than Andrade, so she could out point her. I don't believe she has anywhere near the takedown defense of Jedrzejczyk, though she is far more dangerous on the ground. One other point is that, in my opinion, Namajunas hits quite a bit harder than Jedrzejczyk. I doubt she has the power to drop Andrade with a single punch, but she could possibly take her out through attrition if she can stay out of the pocket.

I'd still go with Andrade if I had to bet on it, though.

A lot of people in this thread are sleeping on Rose. She's gonna knock Jessica down and submit her, probably in round 2 or 3.

I remember Thug Rose punching 850-something on the UFC Tonight Punch Power Challenge. That's some serious punching power considering she didn't wind up and just threw her regular power punch. Plus her footwork is better than Joanna's. Andrade is going to be whiffing at air.

War Thuuuug Rose, Thuuuug Rose, Thuuuug Rose!
tenor.gif

She's got the skill to finish Andrade for sure, just has to survive and not get caught.

Rose could win by rear naked choke. I believe she said something about that always being at the top of her intentions for how a fight will end.
~
Michelle Waterson
rose-namajunas-chokes-out-michelle-waterson-ufc-on-fox-24.jpg

~
Paige VanZant
page.png

~
Angela Hill
DLObrDDUEAATLOB.jpg

~
Emily Kagan
Rose_Namajunas_def._Emily_Kagan_by_submission__rear-naked_choke_._Round_3__344_2_medium.gif

~
Alex Chambers
TUF_20_EPISODE_7_SELECTS-2014-07-28-TUF-20-1362A.JPG

Andrade is a stronger and better grappler than all of them. By the way :

dWjKYg.gif

I think Rose has more way to win, she beats Jessica Androgynous.
<TheDonald>

Andrade isn't just a brawler with no ground game. She's physically MUCH stronger than Rose, and I don't think Rose has the TDD to stay off her back. Rose is obviously solid on the mat too, but I don't think she's good enough to sweep or sub Andrade off her back unless Andrade gasses. I'll be rooting for Rose, but this is a bad stylistic matchup for her.

Suarez beats either of them imo, she's the champ by the end of the year.

Back