• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rose Namajunas vs Megan Rapinoe

Soccer isn’t a real sport though so TC’s point is moot

Big picture reality: MMA has a tiny fanbase predominantly made up of pimply-mouthed neckbeards and neo nazi skinheads. It's insignificant in the countries where it has a modicum of popularity and utterly ignored on the world stage.

These [any sport other than MMA] vs MMA comparisons are stupid and annoying..

True, very true.

However this is a common problem on both sides in arguments, and not just for women, or sports, or color, ect ect ect. Group 'X' should be treated as a whole group when it supports my argument, and not be compared as a group when that supports my argument. lol

TS is right, women’s soccer is utter garbage as a sport, just a shitty version of regular soccer, like the WNBA. The US pretends to care exclusively during the female world cup because they suck at the world’s most popular sport and would never be champions otherwise, and half the country is composed of husbands pretending they care. Women’s soccer is non existent at the club level for this reason, and most women don’t care about soccer and never watch it during the entire year outside the world cup.

On the other hand, a scrap is a scrap, a KO is a KO and the JBG does not discriminate. Ultimately if two people beat the breaks off each other, it’s entertaining no matter what. However, watching 2 teams of amateur level talent that would lose to high schoolers facing each other in a regular sport is not interesting.

rzKo0njxcGJHaKX9kpn0COjtBXwEpIyq1lacdgrKKlEwoREb6v9BiXWC5Dc3mGrZdLMvtlMDI_k2adraPrKLh9bidwsnpZxSGfvq4M70FEOWhqOt9Hc76YwZDbZt4Ez8YGga5iTSmvWzrexQ5-Vp9b59o-gTVr_W86Q

Big picture reality: MMA has a tiny fanbase predominantly made up of pimply-mouthed neckbeards and neo nazi skinheads. It's insignificant in the countries where it has a modicum of popularity and utterly ignored on the world stage.

not sure what that has to do with soccer not being a real sport but ok

True, very true.

However this is a common problem on both sides in arguments, and not just for women, or sports, or color, ect ect ect. Group 'X' should be treated as a whole group when it supports my argument, and not be compared as a group when that supports my argument. lol
I agree!

Soccer Ninja knows very well why she is doing what she is doing. It is a simple grift. Noone would know her name if it weren't for her bitching about paying, EVEN THOUGH woman's team turned down a contract similar to that of the men's because women wanted benefits and guaranteed pay. They then wanted to sue after the fact because they signed the contract they signed and got less. Also, as a percentage of revenue, women's soccer is getting more than men's.

Rose on the other hand is a bad ass. She put her money where her mouth is................ and put her shin where Weili's mouth is.

TS is right, women’s soccer is utter garbage as a sport, just a shitty version of regular soccer, like the WNBA. The US pretends to care exclusively during the female world cup because they suck at the world’s most popular sport and would never be champions otherwise, and half the country is composed of husbands pretending they care. Women’s soccer is non existent at the club level for this reason, and most women don’t care about soccer and never watch it during the entire year outside the world cup.

On the other hand, a scrap is a scrap, a KO is a KO and the JBG does not discriminate. Ultimately if two people beat the breaks off each other, it’s entertaining no matter what. However, watching 2 teams of amateur level talent that would lose to high schoolers facing each other in a regular sport is not interesting.
This is savage, but it's probably true.

(What country are you from, if i may ask?)

The thing with ball sports is, that being good at them can't really be learned.
If you're not born with great limb-eye-coordination, you won't become a pro, let alone an international star, no matter how hard and smart you train.
Obviously the differently sized pool of talent compared to MMA makes a huge difference for soccer too, but really, it you're working hard and smart in MMA, you can still get insanely far in the sport, even without being born with absurd amounts of talent in terms of limb-eye-coordination.
(MMA requires more hard and smart work though than soccer)

But to come back on women's soccer (and women's NBA too) i have no concrete proof, but from what i've experienced, men seem to have *on average* better limb-eye-coordination than women and since ball sports are more dependant on that than any other sports, the difference between *most* male and female athletes becomes pretty obvious there, imo.

I think that the problem with this analogy is that the pay scale for both men and women in the UFC is the same (at least I think it is) even though it seems most people don’t enjoy women fights as much as they do the men...

In US Women’s Soccer, however, they are paid significantly less than the men and are the better product. The Women’s National team have been the best in the world for a long time while the Men’s National Team is considered a joke...

The US women's soccer world champion team were beaten 5-2 by Kansas u/15 boys. I like some women's sports: tennis, mma, handball - the level is good in those. But women's soccer and basketball are both terrible to watch.

I feel like in my prime I could easily have played at the top of the women's soccer game if I threw on a wig (I'm a decent player) but no version of me would have ever beat Serena Williams.

I think that the problem with this analogy is that the pay scale for both men and women in the UFC is the same (at least I think it is) even though it seems most people don’t enjoy women fights as much as they do the men...

In US Women’s Soccer, however, they are paid significantly less than the men and are the better product. The Women’s National team have been the best in the world for a long time while the Men’s National Team is considered a joke...
They were offered a very similar pay structure, but refused it because they wanted guaranteed pay and benefits. They sued and they were laughed out of court when they judge pointed out that they got the contract they asked for and didn't get the one they refused.

Also, on a percentage basis, women's national soccer team got more than the men. They got more of the pie. It just so happens that noone watches women's soccer, thus the pie is smaller.

Is TS Dana trying a different slant on the UFC being bigger than soccer thing?

Would love to see Rose slap rapinoe up. Especially after that cringe worthy shit at the whitehouse after their court case had already been thrown out over pay gap for being disproven that they were paid less. And that they actively rejected the exact same offer the males got, then went on to complain about the deal the men had, and the deal they had.

The US women's soccer world champion team were beaten 5-2 by Kansas u/15 boys. I like some women's sports: tennis, mma, handball - the level is good in those. But women's soccer and basketball are both terrible to watch.

I feel like in my prime I could easily have played at the top of the women's soccer game if I threw on a wig (I'm a decent player) but no version of me would have ever beat Serena Williams.

I felt the same way about the WNBA as well, though now that I’m older, I doubt I could keep up with them nowadays. I do still enjoy watching it, just not as much as the NBA.

I will agree that women’s soccer is terrible to watch, but I also think men’s soccer is terrible to watch as well.

Lol, women's soccer has considerably more fans than mma ever will. This is a niche pseudo-sport for morons.
Lol the ticket prices for the female world cup range from a whopping 11 euros to 73 euros in the final.... they have practically give away the tickets so people go watch.. let’s not pretend that any respectable football fan actually enjoys female football... Rapinoe wouldn’t even make it in a Male 4th division team in England

Nah I think OP is just bitter about her
Ok. That was out of left field then. Weird thread for an mma forum but variety is the spice of life I guess.

I can't believe you actually typed this out, sat back and thought "yep. This will show em"

What the fuck even is retarded, incel bullshit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back