Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade 2 at UFC 249 who wins?

Jessica KO’s her into retirement

People will cry that Rose was winning until she lost

Rose should put on a striking clinic on Jessica Andrade. She completely outclassed Andrade on the feet before. Jess just got really lucky last time.

Rose.. Jessica just got torched & is looking smaller each fight at 115... She's not keeping her size & unless she gets some Brazilian "performance enhancers", she's gona take a licking.. She was losing prior to her slamming Rose, I don't see her getting in on Rose like that this time.

Rose has had like another year off. Every time she is off she comes in looking like a killer. Taking time off matters. It also shows her and her team's understanding that she is never going to dominate the division with quick successive fights. They want every fight tailor made and Rose admitted as much when she answered JJ's complaint that she is out so long by stating she has no interest in being that type of champion. Make of all that what you will.

Andrade on the other hand has given little to no consideration for opposition or timing to her own detriment. Similar to how Joanna fought and took fights. Turning down uninteresting fights but taking ones they think will benefit them / sell / shine in the best. Most people who aren't fighters don't know or understand that. This is PRIZE fighting not strictly a sport. She looked .... bad... worn out even in the weeks leading up to the Weili fight. Joanna saw it. I saw it but dismissed it cause I thought it was just one bad video and figured it was PR to make it seem like Andrade was falling apart to get Weili to over commit. Instead Weili became champ and Andrade, who is perpetually broke, went on a vacation and spending spree. Weird that.

I think Rose has been off long enough and has prepared as long for Andrade as she had for Joanna at this point that she can win and make it look easy. That said her collision style still favors any pressure or clinch fighter at 115. She really should thank JJ and her head coach for refusing to clinch with her or nobody would overrate her like they do now.

As for Andrade lets hope her defense and athletic performance makes a miraculous reappearance. It turned into dust and blew away in the Weili fight and she arguably turned in a worse performance than Joanna at UFC 217 when it looked like someone shot her with a tranquilizer at the opening of the bell.

Don't know who will win but whoever loses will be called a fluke champion especially if they fall off shortly after. Wrongly I might add but it will happen regardless.

Three rounds probably favors a Rose decision. No matter what she did in the first fight she couldn't get Andrade's respect. Jessica kept moving forward and chopping at that leg. Even without the slam, I think Andrade would have won.

Rose takes second fight. Even if taken down, Rose has a decent ground game and will get back to her feet. Expect a lot of this:
ActualArcticGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

Is it motivated angry Rose, or I want to live on a farm and get high rose?

Motivated angry Rose jumps on Andrade's back and chokes her out, or rips her arm off via flying armbar.

Rose takes second fight. Even if taken down, Rose has a decent ground game and will get back to her feet. Expect a lot of this:
ActualArcticGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

2 of her hardest shots and no damage or reaction from andrade. Rose is too weak

Depends on whether or not Rose has finally learned how to deal with Pressure. She was fading well before she got slammed in the first fight. I'll root for rose, but it's not a fight I'd bet on at all.

I love how technical Rose is, shows her dedication but once she gets sloppy, seems like lights out quick. Hopefully 2nd time she proves us that we was right when we originally thought she’s the better fighter out of the two

Back