• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Rose Namajunas responds to Dana White's comments on turning down title fight with Weili Zhang

Ok she needs some money. Understandable.

I like Rose, she is a very intelligent talented person.

Weili is a tough matchup for her. She will be punching uphill so to speak in that it seems like Weili hits harder and is more durable.

To me that means Rose likely would need a “perfect fight” or pretty damn close to it, to win. Now that may be the case for everybody, so Rose might as well take her shot.

In other news- what the fuck ever happened to Tatiana Suarez? I thought she would be champ by now but the girl seems to fight like once every other year. Is she still injured?

Rose is a much better fighter and wins this.

Rose started to name her potted plants. I hope that doesn't mean she's done for mentally. I could see her doing some ninja shit against Weili. Their interactions together would make great gifs to. Weili might be queen for a long time.
1GettyImages-867215484.jpg
126_Weili_Zhang.jpg

Rose needs to grow her hair back out and drop the Minority Report Pre-cog look.

She was hot with long hair.

So Rose turned down the Weili fight in the spring and she's had three months to sign this autumn. Dana calls her out and suddenly she wants to fight. Sometime to suit her no doubt.

Sounds like she's ready to go. Sign the fight, and get this show on the road. Weili has been stagnant since March. If Rose doesn't want it, then move on.
There's been a pandemic going on. There's a good reason Weili hasn't fought since March

I don’t know if you follow stuff that’s out there in the MMA news, but apparently there’s some confusion going on about my next fight and whatever. So I don’t know. I’m not worried about any of that. I’m just ready to fight. I don’t know what’s going on, but I know that you guys are ready for me to fight, too.

Maybe there’s a misconception out there that I’m weak minded or whatever or, ‘I can’t handle the pressures of being champion,’ or whatever the (expletive) people say. That’s not true. That’s what I live for. I’m the pressure cooker. What better reason to remind me why I fight than (my grandfather) passing away. I am super ready for all of that, because that’s what I am fighting for.”

I like both fighters a lot but I think I'd have to root for Rose.

He has a habit of trying to force fighters to fight when he wants them to. Say if you agrees to fight but want a little more time for preparation, he'll badmouth you to the media calling you a duck.

While Dana White generally is a mendacious person, he lies most frequently in just this kind of negotiating situation, where he makes public accusations about a fighter's intentions or motivations.

I like Rose, but man, that bitch rambles. Props to Pat for being able to deal with that.

There's been a pandemic going on. There's a good reason Weili hasn't fought since March
She's clearly been waiting on an opponent, not the virus. I'm pretty sure the UFC just had a card every weekend for 5 months straight.

Back