Rory vs Denis Siver...err I mean Rick Story

Formwork

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
simple solution for a stay busy fight for Rory Macdonald. Give him a Denis Siver level WW opponent, and the closest to me looks like Rick Story, who is actually a better calibre fighter at WW than Siver is @FW. Rory has already conquered better opposition at WW than Conor boy has at FW. With the UFC giving Conor the chance to take a fight vs an opponent such as Denis Siver to earn a title shot, no reason why they can't give Rory someone like Rick Story next, and then takes on the winner of Hendricks/Lawler like he was supposed to. What's fair is fair.

Even with you dampening the blow of the comparison some....it is still kind of an insult to Rick Story to be compared to Siver, imo.

Would happily watch that fight though.

Even with you dampening the blow of the comparison some....it is still kind of an insult to Rick Story to be compared to Siver, imo.

It's an insult to Siver if anything.

It's an insult to Siver if anything.

Definitely. I mean think of all the former champions Siver has knocked off.

Oops. Wait, Story is the one that has beaten actual competition.

Don't sleep on rick story! Very improved since joining mma lab IMO! Gunnar is a very dangerous opponet and he dominated that fight.

simple solution for a stay busy fight for Rory Macdonald. Give him a Denis Siver level WW opponent, and the closest to me looks like Rick Story, who is actually a better calibre fighter at WW than Siver is @FW. Rory has already conquered better opposition at WW than Conor boy has at FW. With the UFC giving Conor the chance to take a fight vs an opponent such as Denis Siver to earn a title shot, no reason why they can't give Rory someone like Rick Story next, and then takes on the winner of Hendricks/Lawler like he was supposed to. What's fair is fair.

You're rambling about apples and oranges. Rory should already fight for the title. Conor will earn his shot by knocking Siver out. You shouldn't really compare those two and try to justify your wants and needs with that flawed logic.

There aren't many guys in the top 15 that Rory hasn't already beat, or that aren't already tied up with a fight, or injured.

Story is tough as nails and brings it every fight. That being said, this IS a big step up for him though, interested in seeing it.

Story/Macdonald would be a pretty good fight. He's a higher caliber fighter than Siver, I think. I don't think he's an easy fight for anyone, unless you're Maia I guess. I'd be cool with that fight if Macdonald isn't waiting for a TS.

Why not, Story's got a few legit wins in the past and isn't a giant step down. If Rory's gonna keep busy, it's either Story or wait another few months for Lombard.

Well Lombard looks like he gets Matt Brown if he wins the Burkman fight without injury so Story vs Rory makes snese.

Makes sense, I didn't think of Story vs Rory.

Fuck it give him Lombard. Lombard deserves a title shot just as much as Rory so why not make it an eliminator

Not all divisions are created equal. What a FW has to do to get a title shot has nothing to do with what happens in the deepest division in the sport.

Don't sleep on rick story! Very improved since joining mma lab IMO! Gunnar is a very dangerous opponet and he dominated that fight.

He's vastly under rated, could beat anyone in the division on any given day. He's a dangerous fight for anyone. Rory should take the fight, but that's the problem with Story, you never know.

Hendricks Lawler III is gumming up the works. I don't know why they do shit like this.

There is no interest in this fight, it fucks everything up and they serve it to us like it is cake.

I get that Story has beaten better competition but he's never been ranked higher than Siver at his best and that was before Cub Swanson fight in which he was very competitive.
Also Sivers best win GSOT was set to get a title shot with a win over him. So it's not like Siver and Story are that much apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back