Rory promises revenge against Condit / Their first meeting stoppage B.S or legit? GIF

ElTorro**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Source: Rory MacDonald promises revenge against Carlos Condit at UFC 158

Man I'm pumped for this bout. MacDonald dominated Condit for 2 rounds, and would have won if it wasn't for that B.S stoppage that first time. U can check the stoppage below and you guys tell me if u agree with it or not.

jhkfe-o.gif

Hey it does seem like he is intelligently defending actually.

Source: Rory MacDonald promises revenge against Carlos Condit at UFC 158

Man I'm pumped for this bout. MacDonald dominated Condit for 2 rounds, and would have won if it wasn't for that B.S stoppage that first time. U can check the stoppage below and you guys tell me if u agree with it or not.

jhkfe-o.gif

No, he didnt.
It would have been a draw with the sole card having a winner being for Carlos, considering a judge gave him the second round he was supposedly "Dominated" in.

As for the "BS Stoppage", that went on for the entire 5 minutes of the round. Rory's face was broken and destroyed, and he was wincing in pain and had no clue where he was.

It was borderline, but I think because it was stopped just seconds before the end of the fight, some fans have a problem with it. If there were like 15 seconds more on the clock when the ref jumped in, I think less people would have a problem with it.

Good stoppage. Young fighter with broken orbital bone, he was done. You can land alotta shots in the 7 or 8 seconds that was left

I cant say he was intelligently defending himself, just kinda trying to get away on auto pilot. Legit.

they could have certainly let it go on but rory wasnt defending himself well enough nor did he complain about the stoppage so meh

No, he didnt.
It would have been a draw with the sole card having a winner being for Carlos, considering a judge gave him the second round he was supposedly "Dominated" in.

As for the "BS Stoppage", that went on for the entire 5 minutes of the round. Rory's face was broken and destroyed, and he was wincing in pain and had no clue where he was.

Thanks for writing that for me.

He verbally tapped? When he said that?

I don't know about verbally tapped. But in the post fight interview he said he was ok with the stoppage because he had no clue what was happening in the 3rd and agreed with the ref.

No, he didnt.

I thought it was a good stoppage as well, Rory was beat up. Fans need to realize the ref doesn't step in just because you're hitting him at that exact moment, if they think you've taken enough shots they have the right to stop the fight.

Condit landed big shots that whole round, Rory was fucked up.

lol at dominated. More like controlled

He barely controlled him either, just lay on top while Condit threw strikes off his back. The stoppage was legit, you need to see the beating he took throughout the entire round the get the whole picture not just the GIF.

Back