Rory promises revenge against Condit / Their first meeting stoppage B.S or legit? GIF

And if it had gone to the cards as a draw, people would have complained that the ref was the only reason Rory didnt have a TKO loss on his record.

They actually showed the scorecards and Rory was about to win by SD. Still taking so much punishment throughout a whole round just calls for a stoppage. Its about the time it was stopped that bothers many.

Still this face tells no lies...

rory.jpg

Rory would have won a split decision if the fight went another 7 seconds. I don't agree with that but that is what the cards said.

I would have scored it a draw myself.

Not if the third round was scored a 10-8, as it should have been.

In that case, it would have been a Majority Draw, with the only descending score being a 29-27 for Condit.

1. Rory did not "dominate" the fight, he 'won' the first 2 rounds basically via the perceived positional bias that is commonplace with judging in the US, with a few takedowns and running the clock 'on top', even though it had hardly any followup damage.

2. The most meaningful part of the fight was round three where Rory was basically destroyed with GnP. Rounds 1&2 were completely insignificant by comparison.

The fact that the system could potentially rob Condit of Victory where he was clearly dominating the fight and did far more "overall" is further evidence of how inept the Unified System is for evaluating MMA fights.

Scoring round by round for a THREE round fight, is utter nonsense. Overall is the only way to go, and Condit won that fight 'overall' by a large margin, it was not close regardless of the stoppage.

A draw would NOT have been a just result, so because of the stupid system, I was glad the stoppage occurred.

THIS. Perfectly said. And as for the "Rory was going to win a split. The judges cards said it" thing, thats a bunch of bullshit from wikipedia. There was no score for the 3rd round because the 3rd round was never finished. Why would the judges put a score down prior to the round ending?

They actually showed the scorecards and Rory was about to win by SD. Still taking so much punishment throughout a whole round just calls for a stoppage. Its about the time it was stopped that bothers many.

Still this face tells no lies...

rory.jpg

That's false information. They cant score a round that has yet to finish, and it was speculation on MMAJunkie's part.

2 judges scored the first two rounds for Rory, 1 had it a round a piece.

The final round would definitely have been a 10-8, resulting in a Majority Draw

Rory would have won a split decision if the fight went another 7 seconds. I don't agree with that but that is what the cards said.

I would have scored it a draw myself.

Nope

The point is Rory didnt even complained and said it was a good stoppage cos he was fucking done.

Yet sherdoggers complain.

That being said, I think Rory vs Condit II will be fucking awesome.

Tough to pick, but Id give Rory a slight edge.

Dominated? No. Go watch the fight again. The stoppage was definitely questionable though imo.

It was a bad stoppage and there's no guarantee the judges were going to score that last round a 10 - 8. I'm almost positive they came out and said otherwise immediately after the fight, I'm also positive Da Speeit is going to say I'm wrong. Wish my memory was better, didn't know this fight was going to be argued about almost daily for the next two and a half years back then though. I also think Rory not arguing the stoppage was just him trying to be humble in defeat.

The argument always centers around if the stoppage was legit, or what the score would have been.

Nobody argues if it was an ass kicking or not.

Isn't that what really matters?

The argument always centers around if the stoppage was legit, or what the score would have been.

Nobody argues if it was an ass kicking or not.

Isn't that what really matters?

You're so new and innocent.

As for the "BS Stoppage", that went on for the entire 5 minutes of the round. Rory's face was broken and destroyed, and he was wincing in pain and had no clue where he was.

That's totally bullshit, everything you said was a lie (or almost). That said you're still a great poster and I adore you. :icon_lol:

Really though, the ass beating happened in the closing couple of minds, about half way into the third Rory started to take it the worst. But he was always fine, never tap'd, never verbally tap'd, never faded, never got flash KO'd, never went limp, etc.

The definition of not intelligently defending yourself is not attempting to improve your position and (or) being KO'd. Rory was always attempting to recover and improve, you can't make the argument that he wasn't as....Well...There is video proof he was.

He was 7 seconds away from being undefeated in MMA. Do you understand that? Do you realize the stigma that follows that? Rory was 7 seconds away from being undefeated in MMA and instead he got called for being TKO'd when he was, ironically, still defending himself and taking zero damage at the point of the stoppage.

It'd be one thing if his hands fell back, and his eyes rolled back, or his head laid inanimately on the mat....None of that happened. He was there, fighting to improve his position or hold Carlos so he could recover.

Even Joe Rogan in the commentary was like ehhhhh, yeahhhhh I can see why people would be mad. It was so obviously bullshit. Afterwards Rory got straight up, paced around the Octagon and composed himself emotionally. He then, like an adult, agreed with the outcome like any true contender should, took his loss and nodded it off knowing that someday he'd get revenge on that fight.

He got turned to mush in that third round, sure, but that's what this fucking sport is all about. Who cares if he was a teenager, or early 20's, who cares if his nose was broken or a hematoma is forming on his face, I've seen fights where fighters have looked like walking dead and they weren't stopped. Look at Carwin vs JDS, Carwin was eating like 7-8 "unanswered, unprotected, undefended" strikes in a row while he was on his hands and knees and JDS was just teeing off. But you know what, he wasn't out and the fight ended with Carwin on top getting a choke. Things happen in a fight, and to say ohhhhh this guy isn't going to "live" another 7 seconds, I better go in there and stop it despite him being totally aware of whats happening and clearly not wanting me to stop it is bullshit and can effect someones career in the wrong way.

Reffing in MMA can be utter bullshit, it has ruined peoples careers before (not saying it's the case here).

10/10 times Rory would go back in time and take that 7 seconds of extra beating or hugging to become undefeated in MMA.

Poor stoppage, the ref didn't even stop it on a big strike. There were only seconds left. If it were Nog or Shogun, people would go crazy and see it for the weak stoppage it was, but since it was some new guy no one cared about, no one really gives a shit. Still, poor stoppage.

rory was clearly fine with it - i thought the end was pretty brutal to watch actually - maybe the actual timing of when the ref jumped in wasnt perfect, but rory was fine with it, and if he werent, im sure he would have spoken up - thats something that people usually speak up about

"Nobody argues if it was an ass kicking or not.
Isn't that what really matters?"

This is what the culture has come to. Guys aren't focused on the damage done and the state of the fight when it is stopped. They argue over points, and who had more rounds under their belt. Suddenly takedown fests are examples of domination, and not what you do with it.

It's pathetic.

That's totally bullshit, everything you said was a lie (or almost). That said you're still a great poster and I adore you. :icon_lol:

Really though, the ass beating happened in the closing couple of minds, about half way into the third Rory started to take it the worst. But he was always fine, never tap'd, never verbally tap'd, never faded, never got flash KO'd, never went limp, etc.

The definition of not intelligently defending yourself is not attempting to improve your position and (or) being KO'd. Rory was always attempting to recover and improve, you can't make the argument that he wasn't as....Well...There is video proof he was.

He was 7 seconds away from being undefeated in MMA. Do you understand that? Do you realize the stigma that follows that? Rory was 7 seconds away from being undefeated in MMA and instead he got called for being TKO'd when he was, ironically, still defending himself and taking zero damage at the point of the stoppage.

It'd be one thing if his hands fell back, and his eyes rolled back, or his head laid inanimately on the mat....None of that happened. He was there, fighting to improve his position or hold Carlos so he could recover.

Even Joe Rogan in the commentary was like ehhhhh, yeahhhhh I can see why people would be mad. It was so obviously bullshit. Afterwards Rory got straight up, paced around the Octagon and composed himself emotionally. He then, like an adult, agreed with the outcome like any true contender should, took his loss and nodded it off knowing that someday he'd get revenge on that fight.

He got turned to mush in that third round, sure, but that's what this fucking sport is all about. Who cares if he was a teenager, or early 20's, who cares if his nose was broken or a hematoma is forming on his face, I've seen fights where fighters have looked like walking dead and they weren't stopped. Look at Carwin vs JDS, Carwin was eating like 7-8 "unanswered, unprotected, undefended" strikes in a row while he was on his hands and knees and JDS was just teeing off. But you know what, he wasn't out and the fight ended with Carwin on top getting a choke. Things happen in a fight, and to say ohhhhh this guy isn't going to "live" another 7 seconds, I better go in there and stop it despite him being totally aware of whats happening and clearly not wanting me to stop it is bullshit and can effect someones career in the wrong way.

Reffing in MMA can be utter bullshit, it has ruined peoples careers before (not saying it's the case here).

10/10 times Rory would go back in time and take that 7 seconds of extra beating or hugging to become undefeated in MMA.
So is any of that going to have any facts to how Rory didnt get the fuck beaten out of him for 5 minutes, or is it all pure opinion and conjecture?

Rory was not improving position and wasnt defending himself. Hew as just laying there eating shots.

"Nobody argues if it was an ass kicking or not.
Isn't that what really matters?"

This is what the culture has come to. Guys aren't focused on the damage done and the state of the fight when it is stopped. They argue over points, and who had more rounds under the belt.

It's pathetic.

Welcome to Mixed Martial arts, it's a lot bigger / older then the UFC. Ever heard of it?

What's pathetic is your obvious lack of knowledge / information regarding the sports / arts you watch and attempt to discuss online.

Rory was not improving position and wasnt defending himself. Hew as just laying there eating shots.

There is a huge difference between not doing anything, and getting mauled by someone who is a lot better. Condit even wrecked GSP in the few moments he had him on the ground!

Rory "was" trying, Condit is just that good!

Back