Rory McDonald vs Carlos Condit

Natural Born Runner gets tooled by The Canadian Psycho.

Condit wins again, just like he did last time.

And yes, Condit beat the SNOT out of Rory for all 3 rounds. Delusional Rory fans feck off.

rory improved more than condit has.

rory won 90% of their last fight

rory will win their next fight.

by whatever he wants.

i see a mix of standup and ground and pound.

The edge goes to Carlos Condit for 2 reasons that seem to be overlooked. 1.) Carlos Condit finished Rory the first time (before you argue it wasn't legit for any reason keep in mind that Rory himself admitted he got his , "ass kicked".)
2.) This is the biggest reason I believe Condit has the upper hand (besides the fact that he is superior striker and ground fighter, IMO): Their last fights are misleading on paper. Carlos lost and Rory won on paper but it's more than that. Carlos went to war with GSP over 5 rounds and came very close to winning. Rory toyed with a natural 155 er and may have gained false confidence. BJ is what ? 2-5-1 at 170???
I would bet the house on condit based on the second point alone. Rory is in for a whole new world of fighting when he meets Condit after both men's last respective fights. Discuss...

i really hope you dont owna house. rory is a different fighter nowdays. he will beat condit 100%

Saying Condit almost beat GSP is like saying Maldonado almost beat Texeira because he rocked him. Not really brah.

For the first Condit fight Rory trained in Kelowna with a small group of B-list fighters (I'm not trying to bash Toshido: it's just that no one else there is near his level), and still almost won a close decision. Since then he has been training with elite coaches and fighters at Tristar. I think Rory takes it convincingly this time.

The edge goes to Carlos Condit for 2 reasons that seem to be overlooked. 1.) Carlos Condit finished Rory the first time (before you argue it wasn't legit for any reason keep in mind that Rory himself admitted he got his , "ass kicked".)
2.) This is the biggest reason I believe Condit has the upper hand (besides the fact that he is superior striker and ground fighter, IMO): Their last fights are misleading on paper. Carlos lost and Rory won on paper but it's more than that. Carlos went to war with GSP over 5 rounds and came very close to winning. Rory toyed with a natural 155 er and may have gained false confidence. BJ is what ? 2-5-1 at 170???
I would bet the house on condit based on the second point alone. Rory is in for a whole new world of fighting when he meets Condit after both men's last respective fights. Discuss...

Did NOT come close to winning!

However, he came closer than anyone yet (bar Matt S and H)
I can't see Rory winning this, but he did look huge and beastly vs BJ. However, as you rightly point out BJ is a LW...
If Rory beats Condit I buy the hype and agree with the consensus of him being the future at WW. I think he has at least 3 wins of non-Condit/Diaz/GSP quality before he can think about contending though

Love Condit but 3 rounds is potentially to Rory's favor.

I'll be betting a bit on Condit as I'm not quite as sold as others on Rory, and Carlos is moderately underdogged again, but Rory does have a solid all-around game and good wrestling that should prevent anyone from "betting the house".

Are you actually going to wager a significant amount of money on this fight?

Lol no... I don't bet on sports... anything can happen! Im just using some gross exaggeration here when I say bet the house. I just feel strongly that Condit will win.

Saying Condit almost beat GSP is like saying Maldonado almost beat Texeira because he rocked him. Not really brah.

Sorry I guess it's relative to how others have faired (getting absolutely dominated without any offense) against GSP. I can't believe I had to explain that to you.

Rory could and should have finish Penn.
He didn't for some reason.

/post Nate Marquardt crazy combo on Wooley

This is what you do when you strike and your opponent isn't responding.
I say Condit takes it.

I see it as a 45/55 fight, with slight edge to Carlos.

Carlos has a stronger chin, heart and endurance than Rory, no question - I'm hoping that would be the difference.

Rory may be a little quicker but Carlos has more power. I think stand up is a wash but Rory could edge it through mixing crisp stand up and take downs.

That should be his game plan, if it goes to a decision, more likely Rory will win as he will have the take downs in the bank.

Carlos is much more likely to finish that Rory but we will see.

This has fight of the night written all over it.

So you would bet the house because Condit looked good for half a round in a fight he lost? Sherdog logic.

I would just simplified that from now on and call this type of "Sherdog logic" that you've mentioned Sherdogic

Easier to type :p

Back