Rory McDonald vs Carlos Condit

Bringin'TheHeat

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The edge goes to Carlos Condit for 2 reasons that seem to be overlooked. 1.) Carlos Condit finished Rory the first time (before you argue it wasn't legit for any reason keep in mind that Rory himself admitted he got his , "ass kicked".)
2.) This is the biggest reason I believe Condit has the upper hand (besides the fact that he is superior striker and ground fighter, IMO): Their last fights are misleading on paper. Carlos lost and Rory won on paper but it's more than that. Carlos went to war with GSP over 5 rounds and came very close to winning. Rory toyed with a natural 155 er and may have gained false confidence. BJ is what ? 2-5-1 at 170???
I would bet the house on condit based on the second point alone. Rory is in for a whole new world of fighting when he meets Condit after both men's last respective fights. Discuss...

betting the house on some weird mma-math equation.

I see you doing well in the future.

So you would bet the house because Condit looked good for half a round in a fight he lost? Sherdog logic.

I think Rory gets it this time around. Both have improved since their last fight but I think Rory has far more.

I believe this will be a GREAT fight. I see the outcome differently. Rory Mac is very very MOTIVATED for this fight. He has grown physically, mentally and emotionally since this last fight. I firmly believe he has progressed more as a fighter since this first match. Not taking anything away from Condit, but Rory Mac is still evolving and I think Condit has peaked as a fighter.

Yes Condit went 5 hard rounds with GSP, I think Rory could have done the same. This kid is something special, he gets far too much hatred on this site for his mannerisms and the way he dresses. What NO ONE can deny is the kid comes to fight and puts on a show.

We can all debate who will win and how and why..but in the end..I think any MMA fan will agree this will be a hell of a fight and a great card in Montreal. If it's anywere near a close fight, the judges will give Rory the fight.

I would bet the house

Are you actually going to wager a significant amount of money on this fight?

That's illogical.

Your reasons are because Condit won their last fight (that worked well for JDS) and because Condit lost to a fighter better than the one Rory beat in their last fights.

Rory if anything will be more motivated to avenge his loss. Rory has improved more than Carlos has since their last fight.

This fight is 50/50, i don't care what anyone says.

Umm, what? Carlos will win because he did well for 30 seconds against a really tough opponent while Rory will lose because he looked good against a fighter he was supposed to look good against? How did I not see this before. Your logic is flawless.

Condit wins again, just like he did last time.

And yes, Condit beat the SNOT out of Rory for all 3 rounds. Delusional Rory fans feck off.

That's illogical.

Your reasons are because Condit won their last fight (that worked well for JDS) and because Condit lost to a fighter better than the one Rory beat in their last fights.

Rory if anything will be more motivated to avenge his loss. Rory has improved more than Carlos has since their last fight.

This fight is 50/50, i don't care what anyone says.

Agreed. I don't think that TS really makes much of a point. It's a toss up between two great fighters and the winner will be the guy who brings it in montreal

Young fighters tend to improve more quickly, therefore Rory is more likely to win this time than before. Considering it was a close fight the first time I'd give Rory the edge but it could go either way.

And yes, Condit beat the SNOT out of Rory for all 3 rounds. Delusional Rory fans feck off.

I'm talking about the GSP fight dumbass, which heyou said is the primary reason for his reasoning.

Well, I look at it like this.

I thought MacDonald was extremely overrated before he fought Penn. Now I think he's just a little bit overrated. Showed a ton of skill. Just not sure if he has as much as some people are saying lol.

I thought Condit was a little underrated going into the St. Pierre fight. But that one good headkick really didn't make it a great performance on NBK's part. Yet everybody is talking about him like the far and away number 2 at 170 lol. Now Condit is a little bit overrated imo.

Condit has such an exploitable hole in his game in letting himself get backed up and then taken down. St. Pierre made it look easy. I have little doubt that MacDonald will do the same.

After that, Rory goes on to trounce Diaz (coming off his loss to St. Pierre) and kick him out of the UFC for good. Condit goes on to have a war for the ages in his rematch with Kampmann. Everybody lives happily ever after.

Considering that people tend to do worse after GSP eats their lunch, I have MacDonald taking the rematch.

its gonna be an awesome fight

and i think NBK is going to kick Rory macs head to oblivion

not a huge fan of either guy but condit is overrated. rory will probably beat him this time

It's clearly a close fight with strength and wrestling edge to Rory and experience to Carlos. The first fight was a long time ago and the outcome has nothing to do with what will happen in the 2nd fight. If I had to bet, I'd probably pick Rory.

Rory takes it. He was easily winning their first fight until the end, and he's arguably the fastest improving fighter in the UFC. Carlos will always have the ability to get a knock out, but I don't even think a rematch will be particularly close at this point.

I agree that Condit is gonna win, but anyone who says that Condit was winning the last fight before the knockout is... well, they got some problems to sort out.

Back