Rory has X2 the Hart as Nick

it was obvious Nick wasn’t in greatest shape physically or mentally. had he been this one would have been epic

db074vw-808308b8-801c-4e2c-88f3-5dd4e9f43683.png

I see your Hart and raise you a

I've been saying it all week Robbie came in motivated and trained hard. He just showed up for the Covington and Magny fights to collect a paycheck. That was not Robbie.

Robbie looked back to being himself. Maybe not cutting weight actually helped him

Both Rory and Bret are from Canada

24 year old mike tyson had 1000x the Hart 38 year old tyson had…….derp……..

Its probably a good thing Nick, a thirty-eight-year-old man, is not willing to go to a place in which he is visibly disfigured and still continuing to fight.

Rory was twenty-five-years-old and has unfortunately only steadily declined since he put himself in that mental space, if DIaz were to attempt something like that at his age it could be far worse than spirit breaking.

Both had their noises jacked up, Nick gave up and Rory trooped on until his body just gave out
I always thought the ref should have stop
That fight and save Rory from that terrible
Damage that took years to recover from
<{clintugh}>Screenshot_20210926-065037.pngScreenshot_20210926-065103.pngScreenshot_20210926-065359.png

I wouldn't have blatantly cheated, having no plan on making weight and trying to catch Robbie light. He was just there for a check had no business being there

You never would have been anywhere near a cage in the first place. WTF are you talking about?

I've been saying it all week Robbie came in motivated and trained hard. He just showed up for the Covington and Magny fights to collect a paycheck. That was not Robbie.

Robbie looked back to being himself. Maybe not cutting weight actually helped him

To an extent though, the style matchup allowed Robbie to shine. I think part of the reason he seemed so tentative against Colby and Magny is that they had the grappling advantage and he had to ward off the takedowns and make sure his aggression didn't play into those games. That allowed Colby and Magny to use their striking and grappling coherently to take him out of the matchup.

Diaz was never going to pose a takedown threat. What it came down to was would Nick be close enough to his old self to just start to sap Lawler's (usually very good) cardio and take over the fight. Nick had the volume but Robbie was not backing down at all and even appeared to be the fresher of the two by the second round.

I'm not saying Robbie didn't take this camp very seriously but I do believe the nature of the matchup worked out well for him as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back