Rory chose not to finish BJ..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
You don't actually think he'd say "I saw he was in a lot of pain and I felt bad. Had to tone it down. Just look at the tape. He was pathetic.", do you?

It makes no sense, the first person to KO BJ Penn will be an instant legend plus a finish over Penn is way more impressive than a decision.

I think he let BJ finish the fight out of respect and did the Ali Shuffle because he's 23.

It makes no sense, the first person to KO BJ Penn will be an instant legend plus a finish over Penn is way more impressive than a decision.

TKOing an old timer who hasn't won a fight in 2 years and doesn't belong at 170 wouldn't make Rory an "instant legend". It would hardly do anything more for him than the UD did.

Nobody chooses not to finish an opponent, despite what they might say after the fight.

true, it's the middle of a fight dude, Rory didn't want to get ko'd like Hughes hahaha

I love BJ but I'm afraid he's done

Almost any other fighter at LW or WW would have been dropped by that bombardment that BJ took in the second round. It's not easy to finish BJ, he may not be in shape, but you can never question his toughness. Rory knew he had the fight and didn't want to make that one mistake that would give BJ a chance. Even after the punishment BJ took, he was still fighting until the end.

KOing an old timer who hasn't ever been KO would make Rory an "instant legend".

1. Fixed
2. I said KO, not tko, BJ Penn has never been KO
3. Rory said in the interview that he was tryin to finish, so deal with it.

true, it's the middle of a fight dude, Rory didn't want to get ko'd like Hughes hahaha

I love BJ but I'm afraid he's done

I'm pretty Rory wasn't worried about a BJ who is all bloody, grimacing, and keeling over knocking him out.

I wasn't sure what went on there . . . At the presser Rory said he was being careful, didnt want to get reckless. I thought he might have blown his energy a bit and sort of hit a wall. That's the way I see it.

It did look like he got tired.

then why didn't he just finish him then?

Rory markham isn't merciful, he doesn't know how to close a deal, which is why he's probably still a virgin. Get the girl all wet and wanting, then he saves his load to fap after he sends her home.

My honest take:

The first time Rory had Penn hurt by the inside left elbow I don't believe Rory knew he had him hurt. Penn would usually react to the feints, but after Rory landed the elbow, Rory feinted and there was no reaction from BJ, illustrating how badly hurt he was, yet no pressure from Rory. Did he feel it was a trap? Or was he in such a zone of tunnel vision that he didn't act? I don't know.

I feel he could have easily gotten the finish. I've seen penn hurt before, but never seen his equilibrium discombobulated before. Not only did he have his daylights knocked out, he was hurt bad with body blows.

Yeah, Rory could have finished. Was he being cruel, or was it sympathy?

Don't think Rory was showing mercy but was picking his shots and being careful not to get caught off guard. To me it seemed like Rory wanted to hurt Penn.

I really got the impression he did choose not to finish him. Rory appeared to want to punish and embarrass BJ

I agree with that guy that said Rory looked like a sociopath. I think Rory just wanted to see BJ in pain.

When Rory was teeing off on BJ in the second round and Herb Dean was about to stop it, Rory let up. You could tell BJ was in a lot of pain. Was that the first time a fighter has shown mercy like that?

Actually I thought he was carrying Baby Jay to punish him more:D

That's a very unlikely explanation for what happened.

Back