ropes

grappler1979

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
im an electrician
currently ive got a job on where im doing inspection and testing in an infant school
they have a big sports hall with climbing ropes and im working on my own for the next month
what sort of workouts can i get up to in my lunch break?
cheers

grappler1979 said:
im an electrician
currently ive got a job on where im doing inspection and testing in an infant school
they have a big sports hall with climbing ropes and im working on my own for the next month
what sort of workouts can i get up to in my lunch break?
cheers

tarzan swings, or you could do infant lifts and throws of various types.

Rope pull-ups, rope climb I guess are the obvious answers.

Here is what we did in Judo. Sit on the ground by the rope. Using only your hands and arms (no legs!!!) start your climb up the rope. Chances are you won't make up but a couple of feet. Keep at it every day, and in no time you will be shimmying right up that rope. Great back and grip workout.

Climb the rope without legs 10 times in 20 minutes. when you can do that, add weight.

Thats a cool suggestion about what you did in Judo class by just sitting next to it then trying to climb it. I bet it was hard as shit for a while.

Boondocksaint said:
Here is what we did in Judo. Sit on the ground by the rope. Using only your hands and arms (no legs!!!) start your climb up the rope. Chances are you won't make up but a couple of feet. Keep at it every day, and in no time you will be shimmying right up that rope. Great back and grip workout.

ive been doing this lately, my rope is only about 12 feet long though, so its not too hard, i cant do it twice yet though. it seems pretty cool though.

Boondocksaint said:

I trained the world's toughest cop (World Police Olympics Champion) in swimming, but since he works out at my gym, sometimes I'd be playing basketball while he was climbing the rope in there (the rope climb is one event).

They do the 20 ft. climb just like you did in Judo class. He does it in 6.9 seconds. His training partner, not a cop, and not nearly as impressive overall (but incredibly light), did it in 4.9 seconds. I tell you, it's like watching a freaking gibbon on the nature channel.

Back