Ronnie Coleman is on Joe Rogan's Podcast

I can’t wait until they don’t talk about any of the real shit people are curious about.

Such as what?

I watched about 10 minutes and Coleman said he got big by training hard and eating a lot of food without saying a peep about drug use. So you're right this doesn't seem to be candid.

Such as what?

I watched about 10 minutes and Coleman said he got big by training hard and eating a lot of food without saying a peep about drug use. So you're right this doesn't seem to be candid.
35 minutes in and this is really sad. Ronnie can't even walk these days. They are talking about his surgeries and shit.

I don't expect them to talk about steroids. Why would they? It's pretty obvious that Ronnie was on everything.

Such as what?

He also said he started competition prep at a “good and fat” 3% bf and got down to 0.33% bf over 12 week prep for Mr. Olympia. And credited his leanness to “genetics.”

He talks about using steroids about 3/4 of the way through the podcast. He said the DEA came in and made sure that doctors would prescribe them, so they could cycle right. Apparently there were people coming off test and committing suicide because they would get depressed due to the hormone imbalance.

I'll time stamp it...

Last edited:
He also said he started competition prep at a “good and fat” 3% bf and got down to 0.33% bf over 12 week prep for Mr. Olympia. And credited his leanness to “genetics.”

Yeah the 0.33 BF% thing was cringe. Obviously he has no idea what he's saying on that front

Well.... Later he said it was steroids what got him so lean.

So yeah.. I was wrong.. they did talk about steroids.

Yeah the 0.33 BF% thing was cringe. Obviously he has no idea what he's saying on that front
Yeah.. that was a legit facepalm moment. LOL

Rogan is probably a pro at self administered testosterone needle shots 3 days a week for optimal levels.

he probably rotates between his glutes, thighs, delts. That would be such a pain In the ass.

Well.. just finished listening.

Kind of sad to see Ronnie can't walk unassisted more than a few feets. Dude is young and you could tell that his injuries took a huge toll on him. Still a super nice dude.

Crazy to think the guy still lift weights and does cardio (mostly bike) every single day.

He also has a great story. He worked his ass off.

Some small insight of his training.

At the end of the show Joe tells him he is going to connect him with the stem cells dude that he took his own mother to. I would not be surprised if Rogan even pays for it.
Hopefully that works out in some way and Ronnie gets in better condition. He said he is not giving up.

He talks about using steroids about 3/4 of the way through the podcast. He said the DEA came in and made sure that doctors would prescribe them, so they could cycle right. Apparently there were people coming off test and committing suicide because they would get depressed due to the hormone imbalance.

I'll time stamp it...

This is actually a really great interview and Ronnie comes off genuine. I'm still not sure what to make of the 0.33% bf in competition and 3% out of competition but sounds like Ronnie believes it and isn't trolling.

Also Rogan gets shit on by a lot of guys on this forum but he does a great job hosting the podcast - it's just two dudes shooting the shit.

He says he's in good overall health, but his breathing is pretty messed up.

This is actually a really great interview and Ronnie comes off genuine. I'm still not sure what to make of the 0.33% bf in competition and 3% out of competition but sounds like Ronnie believes it and isn't trolling.

Also Rogan gets shit on by a lot of guys on this forum but he does a great job hosting the podcast - it's just two dudes shooting the shit.
Yeah.. sounds more like Ronnie does not have an idea about bodyfat % and stuff. Not that is important or anything.
Some of the best advice from him is letting people who know do their job (nutritionist and trainers) and you just do what they tell you.

And yes.. Joe is a great host. You can see his guesses always feel confortable with him and he actually do his homework before each episode. And Jamie taking care of everything else. They are a great team.

Rogan is probably a pro at self administered testosterone needle shots 3 days a week for optimal levels.

he probably rotates between his glutes, thighs, delts. That would be such a pain In the ass.
Weird post

Wouldn't he have a lower fat percentage just by virtue of the fact that he had so much muscle on his body? He was 295lbs at 5'11 at his 7th olympia win. 5% body fat on a 200lb, 5'11 is going to be a lower percentage on a man carrying an extra hundred pounds of muscle.

0.33 doesn't sound possible though. Maybe he meant 3.3%.

Wouldn't he have a lower fat percentage just by virtue of the fact that he had so much muscle on his body? He was 295lbs at 5'11 at his 7th olympia win. 5% body fat on a 200lb, 5'11 is going to be a lower percentage on a man carrying an extra hundred pounds of muscle.

0.33 doesn't sound possible though. Maybe he meant 3.3%.

marked:

Says he got down to 0.33% "less than half a percent bf" for competition and 3% was the fattest he got out of competition. I'm no expert but that sounds far fetched - if there's anything I've learned in 30 years of working out, it's if you think you're lean and 10% bf, you're probably closer to 15%. I can believe something below 5% for an in-competition pro bodybuilder but <1% just sounds ridiculous. Maybe it's some bullshit numbers his nutritionist told him to boost his confidence.

He also implies that the only things he took were test and d-bol although he mentions HGH as being available. But I know stuff like that, as well as winstrol, sustenon, deca, equipoise etc. was in circulation among random gym bro's back in the 90's so I assume he was doing stacks of all of it.

Last edited:
Back