Rondas takedowns

3 years is enough time to defend the initial throw, however not long enough to defend the throws she chains after that.

og0E2.gif

ib0S4xOJaufDUA.gif

Well it

She got really good at striking into the clinch, to the point that some of her opponents are getting finished or rocked by strikes before she can even finish the throw

Had you seen her grappling matches you would know she had no submission wins, just points by being stronger than her opposition. This was also during the time when she was clearly using and got busted for roids. Her ground game is overrated based in strength, as is the rest of her 'skills'. She tried twice to clinch throw Carano, who is a kickboxer, and Carano easily reversed to mount.

Well she doesn

All sorts of throws. I remember Jon Jones had that thread with all sorts of different throws. Why can't someone make one for Ronda?

She looks like Fedor in that gif, straight up beastly.

I came here to say the same thing. If Fedor returns to his roots in chaining takedowns in his stand up grappling he'll be the best again

i understand all that, but Im talking about a straight takedown. Just wondering because Im sure bethe is gonna try her hardest to not let rhonda grab ahold of her to trip her or throw her. it might not work for bethe, but if it does.

You do realize there are wrestlers that don't do huge numbers of singles and doubles. Ronda has taken people down at least three times in fights with opportunistic leg attacks.

I guess if you block the throw, it ain't all over.

1158684-620SF8T.gif

In both wrestling and judo competition it usually is not the first technique you use that gets the take down. Sometimes you execute not expecting it to work but if they give it to you you take it. You execute to create motion and often to goal is the get them on the third technique. A threat of a move is used to set up another move. People know the basic counters so you create motion and if they are out of position for move a you revert to move b.

It's easy to look good fighting three undersized Japanese girls, Jan "8-11 Cuddles" Finney, Muxlaw, Tweet, and all the other low opposition Cris has fought.

And it's easy for Ronda to look good in an infant division created not to many years ago. What is your point? WMMA is notoriously weak.

And it's easy for Ronda to look good in an infant division created not to many years ago. What is your point? WMMA is notoriously weak.

Cat- fighting since '08, decorated grappler.
Davis- fighting since '07, 2 black belts, 20+ mma fights
McMann- fighting since '11, wrestling for 20 years
Tate-- fighting since 07, wrestling/grappling 10+ years
Liz- fighting since '10, 5 years in USMC with 3 tours of the middle East
Kaufman- fighting since '06
Budd- fighting since '10, racked up a 10-2 kickboxing record prior including giving Carano her only Muay Thai loss

Please, make more comparisons between their levels of competition.

Cat- fighting since '08, decorated grappler.
Davis- fighting since '07, 2 black belts, 20+ mma fights
McMann- fighting since '11, wrestling for 20 years
Tate-- fighting since 07, wrestling/grappling 10+ years
Liz- fighting since '10, 5 years in USMC with 3 tours of the middle East
Kaufman- fighting since '06
Budd- fighting since '10, racked up a 10-2 kickboxing record prior including giving Carano her only Muay Thai loss

Please, make more comparisons between their levels of competition.

I love how you listed Carmouche's military experience as a means of credibility. I mean cmon man, can't you come up with something better? I stated WMMA is weak and I really mean it. Cyborg is fighting inexperience fighters, as is Ronda. I don't see a difference. The Zingano/Ronda fight is a great example of the current state of wmma. I want to see competition in mma. Cyborg/Ronda would be considered competitive.

But whatever dude; If you enjoy watching the UFC feed Ronda opponents who shouldn't have fought her to begin with, by all means do so.

Back