"Ronda's (still) a winner !" - Dana White on her loss to Nunes

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"She's in better spirits this time than after the Holy fight. Tonight wasn't her night. None of this (WMMA) would be here without her. She's a winner. Ronda needs to go home, take her time."

It's a tough thing to have the person who brought so much hype to the UFC's WMMA divisions go down as bad as she did. I feel bad for Dana, but they pushed Ronda like crazy and her fall down has been very quick.

Well she did just make $3 million in 48 seconds. I'd get my ass kick for that type of work.

Winner as far as what she's accomplished in her life but Dana seems to want to coddle her at every opportunity. Ronda really needed to step up, face the media and her fans after this fight. Her psyche seems to be so fragile.

sooooo megumi fujii, marloes coenen, gina carano and rosi sexton didn't do shit for wmma???
rhonda just made it more mainstream.

Winner as far as what she's accomplished in her life but Dana seems to want to coddle her at every opportunity. Ronda really needed to step up, face the media and her fans after this fight. Or psyche seems to be so fragile.

100% agree with this.

Well, she is. So is Fedor (who lost three consecutive fights at one point in his career) and Anderson Silva (who's lost four of five).

I don't like Ronda, but if she's not a winner, then no one in WMMA is a winner.

Well she did go on an unprecidentaed run of 1st round finishes all by armbar followed up by 2 finishes by strikes one by knees and the other by a one-punch ko. And not to mention she single handedly brought women's mma into the UFC. Had it not been for Ronda, there still wouldn't be women in the UFC.

She lost but she had her time as a winner.

She's in "better spirits than after the Holly fight?"

rwVGW.gif

I don't know how Dana can say half the shit he does with such a straight face. I guess that's why he's worth as much as he is.

She better be in good spirits, she made $62,000 a second compared to $4,200 for Nunes

He is just saying that so he looks good to the media about caring for her.

if someone just lifted $3 million out of my pocket for literally just standing there, id be more upset.

but you know, dayna is still a winner.

She's in "better spirits than after the Holly fight?"

rwVGW.gif

I don't know how Dana can say half the shit he does with such a straight face. I guess that's why he's worth as much as he is.
The first time is always the worst.

sooooo megumi fujii, marloes coenen, gina carano and rosi sexton didn't do shit for wmma???
They lay the foundation for wmma but ronda really did open the doors for all female fighters to make a living in this sport.

Although I think if misha tate had beat her in Strikeforce first time, It would be Tate who brought wmma to ufc.

The first time is always the worst.

Some people can rationalize the first loss as bad luck or that their opponent got lucky and fought the perfect fight. A second loss in a row tells you something is definitely wrong in your game and skill set.

Not to mention if Ronda had won last night, she very well might have fucked off to Hollywood for good, on her one fight win streak, with her belt around her waist.

Can't say the same now.

How dare you mention Megumi. We aren't supposed to know that Gina, Cyborg, and Marloes were in featured fights on national tv before ronda was even known to the public.

Im pretty sure her and Dana had a thing for a short period of time

Given how the UFC was expanding and watering down cards with amateur fighters, women would have been in the UFC at some point. Ronda just helped hurry the process along a little.

Back