Ronda's first public statement since loss

Repsac

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"I want to say thank you to all of my fans who have been there for me in not only the greatest moments but in the most difficult ones. Words cannot convey how much your love and support means to me. Returning to not just fighting, but winning, was my entire focus this past year. However, sometimes -- even when you prepare and give everything you have and want something so badly -- it doesn't work how you planned. I take pride in seeing how far the women's division has come in the UFC and commend all the other women who have been part of making this possible, including Amanda. I need to take some time to reflect and think about the future. Thank you for believing in me and understanding."​

source:
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/18384443/ufc-207-ronda-rousey-take-some-decide-future

I read this and thought, damn, that's way to articulate, modest and correct to be Ronda.
Her PR manager must be in overdrive trying to mop the mess right now.

dstKQqznhptip_7iXyI6mNaEuGWCe0bbo3-XbMx_tY3OaIALsz6u5zgJnXx9kQnJHKH79k8hvI0=w360-h202-nc

She shouldn't retire. Her retiring now would be like GSP retiring after losing to Matt Serra. She still has so much fight left in her. Why not at least TRY a different camp and get different training and strategy? Her biggest problem her last two fights has been her ego (and Tarvedyan feeding that ego) making her believe she should stand in the pocket and trade. She is physically stronger than anyone in her weight class. Her entire gameplan should be revolved around clinch--period. If she can't clinch then the other fighter can't strike and if it makes for a boring fight so be it. She should never stand in the pocket.

So, she does her talking behind a computer. Typical keyboard warrior.

She shouldn't retire. Her retiring now would be like GSP retiring after losing to Matt Serra. She still has so much fight left in her. Why not at least TRY a different camp and get different training and strategy? Her biggest problem her last two fights has been her ego (and Tarvedyan feeding that ego) making her believe she should stand in the pocket and trade. She is physically stronger than anyone in her weight class. Her entire gameplan should be revolved around clinch--period. If she can't clinch then the other fighter can't strike and if it makes for a boring fight so be it. She should never stand in the pocket.
She did what she always does. She didn't 'try' to strike with anyone. She tried to get to the clinch and failed. That's why Chael says Judo sucks in MMA. It's a good tool, mixed in with other weapons. On it's own, when decent competition exists, Judo sucks in MMA.

It's only effective when you get to the clinch, but if you have no head movement, no stand up, no feints, no angles, no level changes, no wrestling, it's about as useless as tits on a bull.

I can't even imagine what cyborg would have done to her.

I hate her " I did my work, the division is set and I can now rest " attitude

Edmond's advice in her last fight wasn't even bad. She was just completely shook after taking a punch. I really believe all the therapist and councelling shit that had been rumored now.

Women are wired differently, brah. Yes they're fighters but we, as men, can't begin to fathom how hard it is for not just any woman, but a woman who's as insecure as Rousey is. All that 'she should have done this, and that's obviously not working' doesn't get to the root of the problem. We're talking about a girl who stuck her head into a pillow after her first loss. She's shot, she's done.

I read this and thought, that's way to articulate, modest and correct to be Ronda.
Her PR manager must be in overdrive trying to mop the mess right now.

Yep, it hit too specifically on each and every talking point of Ronda's narrative to be Ronda's words. It's more like soemone from the outside looking in wrote it, and not soemone with all the mental turmoil writing it.

- even if Ronfa got her shit pushed in, she helped women's MMA become accepted and mainstream.

- she doesn't congratulate her opponent.

Just way too calculated and mature for her to have written that. Did you see her pre fight interview with her head cocked to the side with an attitude saying, well, I don't have time for media BS, I'm all about winning, and that's all that matters. She looked so bitchy and stuck up in that interview.

Ronda needs to fight again, but fight a few lower ranked fighters to build up some confidence.

She should NOT retire unless she choses to stay in Edmund's camp which seems more constraining and constricting to her skills than the average Stalag.

Edmond's advice in her last fight wasn't even bad. She was just completely shook after taking a punch. I really believe all the therapist and councelling shit that had been rumored now.
...but his training methods and inability to grasp reality are the real problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back