Ronda Rousey's once mega-hype is now non-existent

She's obviously mentally very fragile. After Nunes lands her first decent punch, it will trigger Ronda's PTSD and she'll fold i believe.

Ronda really screwed herself with this one.

You can't stay out of the spotlight that long and not expect your star to fade.

At least Habib tries to stay relevant during his injury pilgrimages with mediocre Twitter trash talk.

name one boring ronda fight
Hip toss - arm bar. Not really all that exciting. Might as well pay to watch a judo instructor beating up his students if you find that exciting. Her fights with Miesha were better as at least they were competitive. But her best fight by far was the Holly Holm fight and she got wrecked. Absolute classic.

No amount of suggestive photos and cameos in shitty action films will make her popular again

Conor's loss didn't ruin his drawing power because he accepted his defeat , went back to the drawing board and came back before everyone stopped giving a fuck about him and continued winning

Ronda's return came too late and she made herself look terrible since her loss with the pillow incident and crying on television, all of which contradict her "DNB" attitude and magazines naming her the most dominant athlete on Earth(things which made her a draw in the first place)

no shitty action films will make her popular again

2f218641ad36433df6ca039ee4023f37.jpg

No matter the outcome of the fight people will start talking again, watch when we get to the weigh ins & stuff

Using the same measurement as the majority of people called out to be not credible when some people argued Ronda was bigger than Colin at her peak.

Just saying. ;>

#funfact

Using the same measurement as the majority of people called out to be not credible when some people argued Ronda was bigger than Colin at her peak.

Just saying. ;>

#funfact

They weren't necessary saying it wasn't credible. They were saying the hype by soccer moms did not translate in to the equivalent number of PPV views. Everyone was talking about Ronda before her last fight including mainstream media and the office working girls working opposite me at work.

Ronda needs to win... win BIG...and come out with some "I'm back, motherfuckers" speech if the hype has any hope of reclaiming its former glory.

Ronda really screwed herself with this one.

You can't stay out of the spotlight that long and not expect your star to fade.

At least Habib tries to stay relevant during his injury pilgrimages with mediocre Twitter trash talk.

I'm not a Conor fan, but you have to admire the way he acted after the Diaz loss.

He showed up to the post-fight presser with his head up and kept on doing media afterwards without missing a beat. He actually got more famous after the loss and before he won the rematch.

They weren't necessary saying it wasn't credible. They were saying the hype by soccer moms did not translate in to the equivalent number of PPV views. Everyone was talking about Ronda before her last fight including mainstream media and the office working girls working opposite me at work.

Many called it bullshit and not credible and so on but you're right, a lot of people said exactly what you said as well.

Not here to argue though, just thought it was a fun little fact.

;>

I feel Ronda and the UFC are taking a huge risk. They could´ve matched her against a top 10 girl to get back in the win before going straight to the Lioness, that way she could get the confidence back....

If she loses again, and in embarrasing fashion, then Ronda is over.
Yea totally agree.
It's pretty much "death or glory" for her, in this one I belive.

I feel Ronda and the UFC are taking a huge risk. They could´ve matched her against a top 10 girl to get back in the win before going straight to the Lioness, that way she could get the confidence back....

If she loses again, and in embarrasing fashion, then Ronda is over.

They do this with all their fighters coming off of big losses. It's so short sighted.

Yea totally agree.
It's pretty much "death or glory" for her, in this one I belive.

She's a fighter and wants to be the best at what she does. Say and think what you want about Ronda and her behavior but she really does put it all on the line.

If she wins and and then starts doing media again, the hype will all come back. Especially if Holm also wins and the rematch gets made.

The hype will never come back to the way it was before. The myth is over. No one will ever think she is a "once ever" athlete again

No amount of suggestive photos and cameos in shitty action films will make her popular again

Conor's loss didn't ruin his drawing power because he accepted his defeat , went back to the drawing board and came back before everyone stopped giving a fuck about him and continued winning

Ronda's return came too late and she made herself look terrible since her loss with the pillow incident and crying on television, all of which contradict her "DNB" attitude and magazines naming her the most dominant athlete on Earth(things which made her a draw in the first place)
Yea, I think she got caught up in the hype machine. I don't even think a lot of it was her own doing. She always seemed a bit immature to me and the hype machine can weigh heavy on even the best most seasoned fighters.
Even if she wins I don't believe she will reach quite the same popularity or demand such high expectations but that's probably not a bad thing for her.

Back