Ronda Rousey's once mega-hype is now non-existent

A

AusMMAfan

Only a week out and the mega-hype of Ronda Rousey appears non-existent.

It really looks like the Holm defeat destroyed her aura.

No amount of interviews on Ellen talking about knitting and dooms-day prepping is going to save the UFC from disappointing PPV buys.

It also looks like we Shertards are talking more about Cyborg, Schaub, Werdum, Perry, Big Rig etc rather than anything Ronda related(except me).

Ronda.jpg

WME must be really worried now as Conor is their only mega star at the moment.

Source:
https://www.google.com.au/trends/explore?q=/m/04gttgp

Last edited by a moderator:
If she wins then maybe she'll generate some new, and hopefully more refined/realistic hype for herself

name one boring ronda fight

Ronda has to face Holly IMO before she can regain any popularity like it was before. Conor faced his adversity and now hes at the top again, but i remember Conor's hype diminish FAST after UFC 196.

Oh yeah, thats next week I guess.

I feel Ronda and the UFC are taking a huge risk. They could´ve matched her against a top 10 girl to get back in the win before going straight to the Lioness, that way she could get the confidence back....

If she loses again, and in embarrasing fashion, then Ronda is over.

She could have recovered from the Holly loss if she handled it better.

If she wins and and then starts doing media again, the hype will all come back. Especially if Holm also wins and the rematch gets made.

This might be a smart PR tactic. Shes been mostly out of the public eye since her defeat that its creating a somewhat mysterious vibe around her. UFC is likely trying to create intrique around her seclusion. Does that make sense?

I'm looking forward to her return, but the excitement level for me, and in general, is nowhere near Conor level.

However, if she wins...

Ronda's streak prior to Holly:

IMG_1370.JPG

This might be a smart PR tactic. Shes been mostly out of the public eye since her defeat that its creating a somewhat mysterious vibe around her. UFC is likely trying to create intrique around her seclusion. Does that make sense?

It makes sense. It will especially make sense when we get 2 days out from the fight and we begin to think "dam, this is really happening. She's back. I gotta see what the hell happens."

Only a week out and the mega-hype of Ronda Rousey appears non-existent.

It really looks like the Holm defeat destroyed her aura.

No amount of interviews on Ellen talking about knitting and dooms-day prepping is going to save the UFC from disappointing PPV buys.

It also looks like we Shertards are talking more about Cyborg, Schaub, Werdum, Perry, Big Rig etc rather than anything Ronda related(except me).

View attachment 181697

WME must be really worried now as Conor is their only mega star at the moment.

Source:
https://www.google.com.au/trends/explore?q=/m/04gttgp
wow...lol at your "graph", but fuck drowsey....im hoping she'll win so we can do this ass again in the future.

name one boring ronda fight

True. The last few Conor and Ronda fights were very exciting but the hype isn't there. A week out Ronda and WME really needs to turn up the marketing.

Well UFC will continue to push her massively. I saw advertisements on the London Underground of this fight so UFC are throwing a lot into this.

Her search numbers didn't spike until two days before UFC 193.

XNJ9SES.png

Here's the comparison between last week and the corresponding period before UFC 193.

POrfqSG.png

VSgo15l.png

General interest in Rousey does appear to be lower, but we won't know how much until next week.

Back