Ronda Rousey's game plan will it, can it, should it change?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Rouseys game ....successful OLD game plan. The one that got her the gold. Bully style, constant pressure, the Edmond Tarverdyan's "You can strike with anyone Champ" confidence, get in close... then clinch. Take it down to the ground where nobody can handle your arm bar.

SO...Will Rousey stick to that plan now? After tasting defeat, and seeing it has holes. Also finding out she cant just out strike anyone, badly. Could she have had enough time to develop a new game plan for this fight with Amanda Nunes? If they, "team Ronda" did come up with a NEW game plan for this fight its unproven so will that be a bad thing? It could be a good thing as Amanda only knows Ronda to fight one way, and Nunes now knows (as everyone does) how to stifle that old game plan. Keep distance, move and strike only how Amanda Nunes can and its sorry to say, more deadly than Holly IMO. Holly didn't punch a hole in Tates face the first round like Amanda did.

I think Amanda wins this fight due to having all the advantages. Size, reach, active fighter momentum, mental state, striking offense/defense, and I know many will disagree with me here...Amanda's BJJ black belt can neutralize any threat on the ground. (maybe better then JUDO JJ)

WHAT DO YOU THINK RONDAS GAME PLAN WILL BE? discuss

Ronda does not have a gameplan. She charges forward, throws reckless punches, goes for the clinch and then the takedown.

takedown for the armbar.
thats the game plan..it worked before

I would be ok with her closing distance if she keeps her chin low and hands up. The strategy should be to press Nunes against the cage and bully her and make her work. If Ronda does this. Nunes will gas out and all her power will go away. Nunes gets sloppy and careless when she gets tired. Easy pickings for Ronda at that point.

Bullrushing her opponent is her only plan.
But now that the entire division have attended holm's master class.
can they capitalize off the holes in her game? yes .Will they ? i dont know.

stick jab hook beautiful
i like the discipline
jab beautiful
she's too slow for you ronda
AMANDA YOU AINT GOT SHIT

you rly think coach Edmund can get a different gamplan? the guy is a clown and Ronda a one trick pony

ronda-rousey-gif.gif

jgjh4p9wbk7ifi0vmfjc.gif

Seems like her game plan formed holes once she started trying to strike. If she charges in while defending strikes and going for a takedown, she will probably do well. If she tries to throw wild haymakers, she will probably get beat up. It was when she decided to no longer be that one-trick pony that she made herself more vulnerable.

Ronda has showed various gameplans so far; connecting with a hard punch before setting up the throw as she did to Davis is one of my favorites.

A lot of people dont give Amanda's BJJ any credit. She may not submit Ronda but really on paper BJJ is better than Judo BJJ she could neutralize any arm bar attempt. I think Amanda is extremely ready for this fight and Ronda being off for so long since that KO that cracked her....I just cant see Ronda wanting to move in like usual, I think she gets picked apart by Nunes.

Ronda has showed various gameplans so far; connecting with a hard punch before setting up the throw as she did to Davis is one of my favorites.
But Amanda's reach advantage lol

There are a lot of people who see fighters get fights to the ground and think that in itself is a gameplan. She's best in the clinch and should ALWAYS be fighting to get there. But she can't be as reckless as she was before. Fighters saw someone finally expose that approach, so she needs to be careful.

takedown for the armbar.
thats the game plan..it worked before
ok. So your saying she should keep the same game plan that she used against Holly Holm against the hardest puncher in the division and maybe best well rounded MMA striker? ok...your entitled to your opinion, its interesting

It all depends on her takedowns. I am sure Amanda Nunes has been smart enough to practice neutralizing it like Holly. I think if Ronda surprises her with a single or double legged takedown, it could be a short night for Nunes.

I would be ok with her closing distance if she keeps her chin low and hands up. The strategy should be to press Nunes against the cage and bully her and make her work. If Ronda does this. Nunes will gas out and all her power will go away. Nunes gets sloppy and careless when she gets tired. Easy pickings for Ronda at that point.
But does Ronda have a gas tank?

But Amanda's reach advantage lol
Amanda have to play very carefully with her strikes, one mistake and Ronda can get into her body and trip her backwards. Nuñes best chance is probably to get on the bicycle and pedal backwards like crazy, same as Holly did, and keeping distance with counterstrikes.

Last edited:
A lot of people dont give Amanda's BJJ any credit. She may not submit Ronda but really on paper BJJ is better than Judo BJJ she could neutralize any arm bar attempt. I think Amanda is extremely ready for this fight and Ronda being off for so long since that KO that cracked her....I just cant see Ronda wanting to move in like usual, I think she gets picked apart by Nunes.

Amanda doesn't have good BJJ though and Ronda has submitted better black belts and wrestlers than her.

It better involve some manifestation of this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back