Ronda Rousey is fighting cans.....so who should she fight?

It's basically seeing a race between a F1 car and a bunch of cyclists.

If she's so good(she really is),just man up and sh** on 5 or 10 lbs and fight Cyborg and proove that you're a real badass.

The way she's acting now is pathetic.Put a 3 yr old child in front of Lebron James and let them fight.Nobody would praise Bron if he killed him in 10 seconds.

Holy Holm is going to give Ronda problems. Mark my word. Rousey will have problems with Cyborg IF it's at a catch weight, which it should be.

You are wrong on both accounts

It's not her fault there are only like 100 pro wmma fighters in the world.

So, Ronda isn't beating cans, she's just not beating the toughest competition ever, she's just beating what's available and it's thin.

She is beating the toughest competition ever. The level of womens MMA is now better than ever, the level of womens BW is better than ever. Stop comparing her to men, she is a woman fighting against other women.

Holy Holm is going to give Ronda problems. Mark my word. Rousey will have problems with Cyborg IF it's at a catch weight, which it should be.

As tepid as she has looked, Holm is the only somewhat intriguing matchup for Ronda in the division.

As tepid as she has looked, Holm is the only somewhat intriguing matchup for Ronda in the division.

I thought she looked much better in her last outing. She dominated and would have finished her opponent if there were 20 more a seconds.

Ronda deserves credit for being recklessly aggressive in her dominance. She doesn't wait for her opponent. There is no feeling out process. It's like watching an execution. She is the greatest spectacle in MMA right now.

As someone who values fights purely on entertainment value, I have nothing to complain about.

If you're one of those people who thinks that MMA exists to find out who the biggest hand-to-hand badass is, then I can see why she'd rub you the wrong way.

Most female fighters started going to kickboxing classes in their late twenties as a way to stay fit. Ronda has been bred to compete since she was a young child. Anything less than running through her competition would be an embarrassment.

That may be correct for some athletes but Holm, Joanna, Cyborg, Herrig, Nunes, Tate, Kauffman, Alexis Davis, McMann, Esparza, Jojo, and Evinger are far from being that

Holy Holm
*Cyborg
Tate III

Asterick meaning needs to be clean and at 135 lbs

Let me add that I believe Holm will get sub'd if she fights Ronda

Cait would give her a good scrap..
giphy.gif

Rousey isn't going to fight anyone new. The UFC has deliberately avoided bringing into her division high quality fighters, let alone par excellence fighters with much better credentials than Rousey, like Holm. Now that they've finally brought in Holm, UFC is going with the narrative that Rousey has cleaned out the division and there's no one left for her to fight. If Holm were 5 years younger and UFC had lured her in at the same time they set Rousey up, everyone would be clamoring for Rousey to fight Holm instead of Cyborg now. UFC is going to retire Rousey and keep her manufactured legend status intact.

Rousey isn't going to fight anyone new. The UFC has deliberately avoided bringing into her division high quality fighters, let alone par excellence fighters with much better credentials than Rousey, like Holm. Now that they've finally brought in Holm, UFC is going with the narrative that Rousey has cleaned out the division and there's no one left for her to fight. If Holm were 5 years younger and UFC had lured her in at the same time they set Rousey up, everyone would be clamoring for Rousey to fight Holm instead of Cyborg now. UFC is going to retire Rousey and keep her manufactured legend status intact.

Just like they did with Chuck, Tito, BJ, Hughes, and Franklin?

So every compliment on Rousey should be followed up by "for a girl"?

She is a slow car, racing slow cars.

She is not a fast car, why compare her to one? You compare her to her peers, which she is mountains above.

to be fair, there was a thread on here yesterday where MULTIPLE people were suggesting she would beat Royce Gracie from UFC 1...it's utterly retarded but that is why you need to caveat everything with "for a girl"...there are too many idiots, including UFC brass who are suggesting she could win, let alone be in any way competitive vs Men.

Just like they did with Chuck, Tito, BJ, Hughes, and Franklin?

You're not talking about UFC protecting these fighters. Guess you could say that UFC let Chuck fight Tito again before making him face Rampage. Not that that is anything like scheduling a Rousey-Tate 2.

Hmm, guess you're not talking about protection, but just not protecting the fighter forever once they have other people under the umbrella they can milk. UFC promoted and praised the fighters you mentioned for having great fights. The UFC didn't stake their reputation on the concept that those fighters were more important than the invention of the wheel.

It's basically seeing a race between a F1 car and a bunch of cyclists.

If she's so good(she really is),just man up and sh** on 5 or 10 lbs and fight Cyborg and proove that you're a real badass.

The way she's acting now is pathetic.Put a 3 yr old child in front of Lebron James and let them fight.Nobody would praise Bron if he killed him in 10 seconds.

Is Lebron a 3 year old child?

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that people discrediting Ronda for beating women, when she herself is a woman, are a little bit kooky.

The same people that call Fedor or Anderson the GOAT say that Ronda isn't facing adequate competition....how ironic.

You're not talking about UFC protecting these fighters. Guess you could say that UFC let Chuck fight Tito again before making him face Rampage. Not that that is anything like scheduling a Rousey-Tate 2.

Hmm, guess you're not talking about protection, but just not protecting the fighter forever once they have other people under the umbrella they can milk. UFC promoted and praised the fighters you mentioned for having great fights. The UFC didn't stake their reputation on the concept that those fighters were more important than the invention of the wheel.

The ufc is about making money, not about protecting talent is more the narrative I was going for, even if the fighter is past their prime. They didn't protect anyone from pride, sf, wfa, wec or any bluechip prospect on the rise.

Ufc also needed to introduce rampage to their audience with an impressive win because he was coming off a contentious decision over lindland and Tito/Chuck 2 was going to draw well, so that actually made sense at the time.
No one in zuffa wants Ronda to retire undefeated either, they probably want someone to make a name for themself and become a draw.

Last edited:
Maybe cans, but she's fighting the best of the best out there. Some say Roger Fedorer is best male tennis player of all time.... maybe, or maybe the other guys suck ass too. Talent is only relative to their competition.

That's just how full contact combat sports are with women.

It's nothing to do with "wmma being in it's infancy". 99% of female athletes don't get into sports that involve being punched in the face. The talent pool will always be tiny. When you've got a tiny talent pool there's a much higher chance for one individual to stand head and shoulders above the rest. Ronda isn't even the first to do it. Megumi Fujii made all the girls fighting in Japan look like cans. Cyborg made the early strikeforce girls look shit. Now Ronda's making the UFC girls look shit.

Maybe cans, but she's fighting the best of the best out there. Some say Roger Fedorer is best male tennis player of all time.... maybe, or maybe the other guys suck ass too. Talent is only relative to their competition.

What a terrible comparison.

Back