Ronda Rousey boxing fundamentals

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Ronda is a left handed person. She should have learned fundamentals in the southpaw stance. She has no business being in orthodox stance.

The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. Other strong hand forward fighters are Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, Nick and Nate Diaz, Dillashaw, RDA, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisbing, and I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.
All these guys are right-handed and fight from southpaw, except for Bisbing who is left-handed and fights from orthodox, like Ronda.

I know this because I am always interested in fighter's stronger hand and their stance. So I google pictures of them autographing things to see what hand they are signing with. People's writing hand is most usually their strong hand except for extremely rare cases.

You'll notice all these strong hand forward fighters I listed are highly skilled strikers. Ronda is not. These guys probably all started learning striking from the opposite stance, with their strong hand cocked back, and later switched styles to strong hand forward. I know this for certain with Rockhold because he used to fight orthodox in Strikeforce.

Ronda never learned how to strike with her strong side back. She hadn't learned a lick of striking and she started training with her strong hand forward. There is no way she learned fundamentals of power and angles because of this. And all this is Edmond's fault. I realize that this suits her Judo stance to where she is able to throw from this stance, but this is not how you learn striking. You learn like everybody else, with your strong hand cocked back. That's why she is so terrible in striking. She never learned basics from the proper stance. That's why she thinks she's doing some Kung Fu shit whenever she's hitting pads with Edmond. I sometimes wonder if Edmond even ever asked which hand was her strong hand. It's fucking retarded.

Ronda is a left handed person. She should have learned fundamentals in the southpaw stance. She has no business being in orthodox stance.

The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. Other strong hand forward fighters are Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, Nick and Nate Diaz, Dillashaw, RDA, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisbing, and I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.
All these guys are right-handed and fight from southpaw, except for Bisbing who is left-handed and fights from orthodox, like Ronda.

I know this because I am always interested in fighter's stronger hand and their stance. So I google pictures of them autographing things to see what hand they are signing with. People's writing hand is most usually their strong hand except for extremely rare cases.

You'll notice all these strong hand forward fighters I listed are highly skilled strikers. Ronda is not. These guys probably all started learning striking from the opposite stance, with their strong hand cocked back, and later switched styles to strong hand forward. I know this for certain with Rockhold because he used to fight orthodox in Strikeforce.

Ronda never learned how to strike with her strong side back. She hadn't learned a lick of striking and she started training with her strong hand forward. There is no way she learned fundamentals of power and angles because of this. And all this is Edmond's fault. I realize that this suits her Judo stance to where she is able to throw from this stance, but this is not how you learn striking. You learn like everybody else, with your strong hand cocked back. That's why she is so terrible in striking. She never learned basics from the proper stance. That's why she thinks she's doing some Kung Fu shit whenever she's hitting pads with Edmond. I sometimes wonder if Edmond even ever asked which hand was her strong hand. It's fucking retarded.

"The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. "

I disagree with it being "advanced". It's just different. It maybe "advanced" for some people but not for others. Those guys who put their strong hand forward obviously made their weak side insanely good as well. Back foot should never be weaker than the front foot.

Looks like a butch chick who took 4 boxing classes. Looks like she's twirking.

giphy.gif

raw

tumblr_o8vb2mtXJl1vxiyzfo1_400.gif

Mt4WON.gif

Only UFC wmma fighter i wouldnt fuck

Ya id fuck bethe

<{natewhut}>

"The strong hand forward stance is a more advanced stance, one taken from Jeet Kun Do. "

I disagree with it being "advanced". It's just different. It maybe "advanced" for some people but not for others. Those guys who put their strong hand forward obviously made their weak side insanely good as well. Back foot should never be weaker than the front foot.

That may explain a lot

This Edmund guy.... i hate him more with each thing i read about him

He truly ruined a potential goat.

As a Judoka she should know about core movement to project power through your limbs. I'm stunned that she couldn't apply that basic understanding to her striking...Tho I trained Judo then TKD then JJJ so....
You trained JJJ? You must be a beast!

I have to agree ameeksingh. It's not advanced - just different. Everyone does it differently. There's the dominant hand test, dominant eye test but, if you ask me, I think it might have alot to do with the dominant leg.

I believe Manny Steward said it during one of Miguel Cotto's fights (a boxer who fights orthodox but has a lethal left hook): he's a left handed fighter but has a dominant right foot. You've also got Oscar De La Hoya who also fights orthodox but made his way up on a rocket left hook. I myself write with my left hand, box with my left hand in front (dominant lead), but throw and kick with my right.

And you've got guys like Manny Pacquiao, a southpaw fighter who writes with his right hand but got through the early portion of his career purely on speed and a killer left.

Everyone's different.

Absolutely correct. Fuck Edmunt.

Bad form. Her front foot remains flat when throwing the left hook, instead of coming up on her toes - allowing the hips to rotate through. Ronda should hire Demian Maia as a coach, to learn his methods of closing distance and mma takedowns on the fence. Also a Greg Jackson type to plan strategy. Boxing is pretty much out. Just improve footwork and head movement enough not to be killed at range.

She didnt switch camps after the Holm fight, now she got beat up faster, and she is a year older, honestly doubt she comes back from there, she has lots of money and the eventual return might not pay that much this time.

You trained JJJ? You must be a beast!
BB in those 3 arts?

I'm not going to take out BJJ BB's under there rules, but there going to have to get me to the ground first.

I'd say I got the bases covered....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back