Ronda doesnt need to fight Cyborg

Enders

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is said by Ronda fans that are terrified of Cyborg.

I don't believe Ronda herself is scared of Cyborg, but I think she's bought into the hype of the people trying to protect her. 135 is a dead division. Without Ronda there is nobody. 145 is a dead division. Without Cyborg there is nobody.

If Ronda doesnt wanna leave 135 for a real challenge then so be it. But the truth is that if she retires without that fight then her reign as the GOAT wmma fighter will last only till the next great comes around, because eventually a great fighter will show up that will be willing to take on the challenges of her time.

For those that claim Cyborg is the one dodging the fight, then Ronda should call her bluff and call her out at 145.

If you have any respect for mma you should be calling for this fight, at any weight. Another Miesha Tate fight is no different than no fight at all.

Ronda would be a big favourite for that fight. Probably sub her first round. Ronda should just retire as MMA goat after she beats fedor.

Ronda has more movies coming out, selling 800k PPV and has signed with Carls Jr for a commercial making millions. Who needs this fight again??

Ronda will be in the hall of fame and is financially set. Only haters think Cyborg has a chance with her 15-20 pound advantage, that she likely won't have at 135.

It's nice to see the waterfalls from the haters, keep going cause i do enjoy it.

If Cyborg can't make 135 then this conversation is over.

I'm glad someone finally posted a thread about this, you would think that there would already be like 100 threads on the first page about this.

The fight needs to happen simply because it's the only fight anyone cares about in WMMA. Ronda needs to get off her high horse and realize that if it weren't for the fans, she wouldn't be making jack shit. And to deny the fans the only wmma fight anyone wants to see is selfish at this point

But as long as she can keep crushing cans for millions, I suppose what the fuck does she care

Ronda has more movies coming out, selling 800k PPV and has signed with Carls Jr for a commercial making millions. Who needs this fight again??

Ronda will be in the hall of fame and is financially set. Only haters think Cyborg has a chance with her 15-20 pound advantage, that she likely won't have at 135.

It's nice to see the waterfalls from the haters, keep going cause i do enjoy it.

If movie making satisfies you as an mma fan thats fine. I could care less about it, and want to see the best fighters fight the best fighters. In a hundred years the Cyborg asterisk will be brought up when talking about Ronda, and her movies won't even be remembered.

Rhonda doesn't need to fight Cyborg in the sense that she has money and endorsements but she does need a true foil at some point. I think that WMMA needs to expand their weight classes. Not more classes but a wider weight limit. LW greats like Sherk and BJ Penn used to fight at WW because there was no competition at LW. DJ was fighting at BW before there was a Fly Weight division in the UFC and so on. Rhonda is far and away more skilled then women her size so fighting people with a weight or strength advantage isn't a Ludacris idea.

As far as I'm concerned, they're in two different weight classes. Ronda doesn't need to move up in weight, and Cyborg doesn't need to go down in weight. They can each reign over their respective divisions.

The fight needs to happen simply because it's the only fight anyone cares about in WMMA. Ronda needs to get off her high horse and realize that if it weren't for the fans, she wouldn't be making jack shit. And to deny the fans the only wmma fight anyone wants to see is selfish at this point

But as long as she can keep crushing cans for millions, I suppose what the fuck does she care

Obviously this is not the only fight people care about, as she is still selling tons of PPV's.

As far as I'm concerned, they're in two different weight classes. Ronda doesn't need to move up in weight, and Cyborg doesn't need to go down in weight. They can each reign over their respective divisions.

But whats the point? their divisions provide no competition.

My personal opinion on the matter, and again, I'll stress its my personal opinion and point of view...and that I believe that in fact the fight HAS TO HAPPEN, as apposed to Ronda not needing to fight Cyborg.

Why does it have to happen, because you cannot pretend that someone out there in WMMA, like Cyborg, doesn't exist. You cannot pretend that someone out there, a woman fighter is dominating her opponents, her weight class and has been doing it for 10 years. Its an inescapable FACT.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the topic, when its all said and done, if Ronda does not fight Cyborg, Cyborg will always be a thorn In Ronda's side for the rest of her life when concerning anything related to her career as a MMA fighter.

You can only do so much as the UFC is doing to market a fighter like Ronda as the best in the world, and make it seem like she is all by herself, a league of her own...as if someone out there, like Cyborg doesn't exist. You can only blind the sheep for so long.

Its ludicrous. The hardcore fans are not stupid, nor any MMA enthusiast or media expert will pretend that Cyborg doesn't exist.

its a fact, there is a woman fighter out there today, who is absolutely destroying her opposition, on a level we've never seen from any other WMMA fighter, and Ronda may come close, but the sheer brutality of Cyborgs wins are undeniable.

This FIGHT HAS TO HAPPEN. It can happen, and hopefully it will.

The UFC has created this shit storm, and eventually they are going to have to pony it up, and show the world, that Ronda is in fact....THE BEST WMMA FIGHTER IN THE WORLD.

It's that simple.

Zuffa staff makes this thread every week. Won't work Dana.

Cyborg is the #1 ranked 145er in wmma and will be until someone beats her. If Ronda wants to prove she's the best wmma fighter in the world she needs that fight before her career is over. Ronda would be a huge favorite and would likely armband her in the 1st

Serena Williams would beat Ronda with 1 year of MMA training.

For the first time in history, fight fans are more concerned with keeping a fighter record intact than seeing who is the best fighter. I am legitimately shocked at what has been going on here........in all my years as a fight fan, I have never seen the majority of fight fans not want to see the two best fighters fight each other.

It is one thing for Rousey to not want to fight Cyborg, but when the fans start parroting her excuses and wanting her to take a few cream puff fights and retire, opposed to fighting the only legitimate fight of her career, you know people have been seriously gotten to. The craziest part is I think Ronda would win, but I guess this just goes to show how she values money, popularity and ego over reality....sad really :(

Too much shit has been talked at this point. It would look weak as fuck if they never ended up fighting.

Back