Ronda created WMMA, then WMMA ate her.

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ronda put WMMA on the map, but it's clear now she was beating fighters in an unevolved women's division. In the past 3 years we are seeing the first pure breed of WMMA like Nunes coming into the fold.

Nunes' striking was just amazing last night, and Ronda looked like an amateur. We have to thank Ronda for putting WMMA on the map, but the world she created her has overtaken her.

Definitely. She was great at the beginning of WMMA in the UFC but it caught up to her. She didn't evolve along with the rest of the division.

No different than what happened with Royce really.

She hardly created WMMA...

Cyborg, Marloes Coenen, Miesha, Gina and a few others were all doing their part. UFC gifted her a title and an opportunity in an undeveloped division. When the division developed that was the end of the ride.

She hardly created WMMA...

Cyborg, Marloes Coenen, Miesha, Gina and a few others were all doing their part. UFC gifted her a title and an opportunity in an undeveloped division. When the division developed that was the end of the ride.

eb6140942424697bf997986aac9b2d682cd18a18fe192e4f81ba32f17b629a24.jpg

Thing is, she had no humility or respect, so she'll go down as a hated person by MMA fans.

GSP is remembered for his respect. Conor will be remembered for the marketing and the communication, whether it is liked or not, but people know he's not serious.

Ronda? Well, she was serious and being herself with that attitude of hers. And this is what will be remembered mainly.

not even close - Gina did nothing for WMMA compared to Ronda.

She put it on the map (not to the scale Ronda did but still did). Without Gina there would be no Ronda.

“The first women’s MMA fight I ever saw was Gina Carano vs. Julie Kedzie. Not only did I admire what [Carano] was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them, and, I just remember sitting there and thinking, ‘I could totally beat both of these chicks.'”

<7>

She put it on the map (not to the scale Ronda did but still did). Without Gina there would be no Ronda.

“The first women’s MMA fight I ever saw was Gina Carano vs. Julie Kedzie. Not only did I admire what [Carano] was doing, but also I was blown away by the reaction all the guys were giving them, and, I just remember sitting there and thinking, ‘I could totally beat both of these chicks.'”

<7>

That Gina got some interested is fine, but in the bigger picture when the world thinks WMMA, they still think Ronda - even after her two brutal losses.

Who told you she created wmma? She was definitively important on puting it in the map but that's all. This is disrespect to all the ginas, coenens and cyborgs that came before

Who told you she created wmma? She was definitively important on puting it in the map but that's all. This is disrespect to all the ginas, coenens and cyborgs that came before
Ronda idiots are known for being almost as delusional as their former hero.

But she was a "once in human history athlete" haha.

JJ is the Pete Sampras of WMMA. Ronda is Agassi. In the media world, skill isn't enough.

For now...

Ronda is going to fade, others will grow, new ones will spring up.

Ronda will always been known as the first UFC female champ who pushed WMMA into the mainstream.

Back