• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ronda: "Arianne Celeste wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the fighters"

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ut-fighters-022615?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

Last week, UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey remarked that UFC fighters should always get paid more than so-called UFC Octagon girls.

Rousey had said, "There's definitely a lot more in what the fighters do than what [Octagon girls] do. So, I think that's one thing that's unfair."

Celeste replied and said that Rousey's comments amounted to bullying. After an open workout Wednesday in Torrance, California, to promote her UFC 184 main event against Cat Zingano, Rousey fielded questions from reporters, including ones on Celeste's comments.
Cutting weight and with a big fight on the horizon, Rousey was in no mood to back off of her own earlier statements.

"What did I say that was a bully?" she said. "That the fighters should get paid more than the ring girls? How does that make me a bully? That makes me [expletive] right. I'm sorry, but she wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the fighters. She wouldn't. You think her walking in circles around the two guys or two girls out there fighting for their lives is worth more? Think she works harder than they do?"

Ronda Rousey went on, offering what she called a free public-relations lesson for Celeste.

"You know what would have been the best thing for her to say?" Rousey said, before continuing and mocking the model's voice. " 'Oh my God, you know, these fighters work so hard and I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for them. I just admire them so much. And yeah, I definitely think that they should get paid more than anybody in the arena tonight.' There ya go. That's a PR lesson for her."

Sure she would, maybe not in UFC....

Ronda thinks that fighters are not replaceable? Get rid of her and the division would be even better.

Sure she would, maybe not in UFC....

Ronda thinks that fighters are not replaceable? Get rid of her and the division would be even better.

On the JRE, Joegan said that he knew actual sultans that were looking to "hire" Arianne.

He said they were offering to pay ridiculous, absurd amount of money to get her.

If she hooked up with even just a few of them or marry one, she would probably see more money than Ronda will make in her collective money in the UFC.

It's admirable that Arianne refused their request, since it's tantamount to prostitution, what they're asking for.

Or maybe not. If she accepted an offer, play her cards straight and marries one, she would probably see unlimited cash flow.

Honda Housey wouldn't have a job if Dana decided otherwise. Yeah one single person is responsible for that.

Ronda is egoistic bitter and just a bad human being

She wouldnt have this job if it wasnt for the real fighters

Anybody who claims she is a world class fighter either works for the ufc or knows nothing about fighting

Difficulty of a job does not determine pay, value to a company is what determines pay. I would not say that Adrian Peterson works harder than most lumberjacks, but compare their respective salaries. Most of the female fighters are throwaways to the UFC, Arianny has been with them for a long time in her defense and probably brings in more money due to her presence than most female fighters.

Well Ronda is right in the sense that Ring Card Girls wouldn't exist if fighters didn't exist. Arianny would probably still have a job though. Just not the specific job (ring card girl) in question.

Arianny is better known among the casual MMA fanbase than 90 percent of the fighters. She has been with the UFC since 2006 and has done countless marketing and advertising for the UFC through her magazine and TV appearances. I think it's fair to say Arianny has played a part in helping MMA become more popular.

There are many factors that went into the UFC becoming what it is today outside of the fighters.

Ring girls came before WMMA, which says exactly who is more important.

Lol. That is like saying Bruce Buffer shouldn't be making more than the prelim guys.

It is unfortunate when you have someone of Ronda's mindset make it to the Spotlight because she is good at fighting, she thinks her opinion is worth listening to elsewhere as well.

Teaching PR? Really? Next thing you know she'll be giving the government advice.

Lol, Arianny would just be modeling for some company like Playboy.

Has any other fighter been so insecure they're intimidated by Arianny?

Honda got problems.

Ronda wouldn't have a job if WMMA wasn't piggy back riding off the UFC brand.

Lol. That is like saying Bruce Buffer shouldn't be making more than the prelim guys.

It is unfortunate when you have someone of Ronda's mindset make it to the Spotlight because she is good at fighting, she thinks her opinion is worth listening to elsewhere as well.

Teaching PR? Really? Next thing you know she'll be giving the government advice.

If i didnt hear BB announce the fighters i wouldnt even watch the fights. I literally turn the fucking channel when i hear that nasal pencil neck jimmy lennon jr's voice.

Ronda giving her a PR lesson? That's almost like Dana giving one. And come one "fighting for their lives"? Ronda makes it sound like they're a bunch of condemned criminals fighting for a chance to avoid execution lmao

I could use three more threads aboot this.

Back