Ronda admitted she was not ready for cyborg

look at Cyborg....she should not be fighting women...

Doesnt matter, Cyborg is still a cheater and Ronda is 10000x the star cyborg could ever be.

so if Cyborg wants the fight bad enough, she will meet on Rondas terms.

those terms are roid-free at 135.

I agree

I remember her saying something to that effect, but that was a long time ago in the fight game. She's probably just about as ready as she'll ever be to fight Cyborg now and I think Cyborg has made real strides in rounding out her own game since then. Of course, the balance of power that comes with notoriety and promotion had shifted considerably so now Ronda feels that she can and should dictate where the fight should happen which is why she has changed from catch weight or moving back up to 145 to demanding it be at 135.

I specifically remember when she was in strike force, Ronda said she was not ready for cyborg and was dropping weight to take Tates title. THIS WAS BEFORE CYBORG WAS STRIPPED. She claimed to need more experience before facing cyborg. She said she would later unify both belts.

Then cyborg popped..strikeforce on its last legs just dropped the 145 division..and now rousey acts like 135 is her natural weight class and cyborg needs to come to her.

Make no mistake..Ronda ran away, and rewrote history to make it seem that cyborg needs to juice to avoid fighting her. She was very lucky.

Am I the only one who remembers this?

Even if this did happen, it was 3 1/2 years ago...

I remember it as well, it was live when it took place. Seems to me it was an interview back stage between fights. Either way it's safe to say she is ready now.

I remember bringing it up a few years ago on another account.

The only thing the actual linked sources show is that Ronda is SMART.

She knew that she wouldn't make much money or get much attention if she fought Cyborg immediately versus having a title on the line. Instead, she took the 135 title and was lining up a fight to unify the 135 and 145 belts. Immediately after winning the 135 title in Strikeforce she was already calling out Cyborg to unify the belts.

Unfortunately, Cyborg got popped for steroids which took her out of the equation at the same time the UFC looked to start a women's division. At that point waiting for Cyborg's suspension to end for a fight wasn't going to make nearly as much money as fighting for the UFC.

Since then, the real money has been for Rousey to wait. Every month people say that Rousey should fight Cyborg, yet every year Rousey takes on different fights and becomes more and more popular and makes more and more money.

Jeremy Botter recently said that his cable sources are telling him that not only is UFC 190 on track to beat UFC 189, but they're telling him that UFC 190 went over 1M PPV Buys.

Starting at 33:00

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/stream...-radio-2014-with-andrew-sanchez-jeremy-botter

Think about that, 1M+ PPV buys for fighting Bethe freaking Correia.

If Rousey listened to any of you she would have put her record at risk fighting Cyborg years ago and guess what? She would have made peanuts. Instead, a Cyborg fight now has the potential to be one of the highest grossing MMA fights in history.

Consider that carefully. 2 years of WMMA in the UFC, and a woman's fight will most likely be one of the highest grossing if not THE highest grossing fight in MMA History.

And the really scary thing is that Rousey's popularity is STILL GROWING.

People think this is all Dana White, but Rousey is a LOT smarter than people realize. You don't become a global superstar without being VERY smart about how people consume your content and image otherwise every fighter in the UFC would be huge stars. And Rousey is playing the promotion game better than any MMA fighter we've ever seen, male or female.

I personally have little doubt that Rousey will eventually fight Cyborg, but it will either be at 135 sooner, or it will be the very last fight that Rousey has before she retires and will be held at 140.

And when she does, the size of the PPV and the amount of money involved will most likely be mind boggling.

Well to be honest, TS isn't lying. Rousey wins that fight now though imo. She's evolved far past the fighter she was back then.

a lot of fighters humbly say they're not ready for the champion yet, even jones did at one point I believe.

the fact is that 135 seems to suit her just fine. Cyborg DID use steroids and got popped for them (you don't even deny that OP) and she's the one who needs to beat Ronda, not the other way around.

so cut the weight or go away

I specifically remember when she was in strike force, Ronda said she was not ready for cyborg and was dropping weight to take Tates title. THIS WAS BEFORE CYBORG WAS STRIPPED. She claimed to need more experience before facing cyborg. She said she would later unify both belts.

Then cyborg popped..strikeforce on its last legs just dropped the 145 division..and now rousey acts like 135 is her natural weight class and cyborg needs to come to her.

Make no mistake..Ronda ran away, and rewrote history to make it seem that cyborg needs to juice to avoid fighting her. She was very lucky.

Its true she said tate was the easier fight.But lets be honest what was she 3-0 ?

If you think cyborg has a shot now your delusional

IIRC I remember her saying this post fight after one of her Strikeforce Challengers fights. I could be wrong though.

Frankly, she'll never be "ready."

She dropped a weight class for a reason people.

You're an idiot. And I use the term idiot because I am trying to be as polite as possible.

What Ronda said is Cyborg is going to want the fight as soon as possible, before Ronda develops MMA skillsets, she (Ronda) is going to want to wait as long as possible to further develop herself, and they will probably end up somewhere in the middle.

SF said THEY weren't ready for ronda to fight Cyborg because they saw the $$$. They had Ronda drop to win the 135 belt, then set up a superfight.

Ronda did everything she said she would, the fight was canceled because Cyborg was found to be a dirty steroid cheat.

IIRC I remember her saying this post fight after one of her Strikeforce Challengers fights. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, Coker told her to. She then immediately accepted a fight with Cyorg at 145, Cyborg admitted it. Proven fact.

She had 1 fight at 135, then agreed to fight Cyborg at 145.

That was Sean Shelby, not Rousey. Tate also said that Rousey wasn't ready for her.

What is relevant is what Rousey has actually said, and I've seen no sources to indicate that Rousey has ever said that she wasn't ready or willing to fight Cyborg.

My post above yours is the only comment possible, and it in no is Ronda refusing to fight Cyborg.

NO

ForcefulWatchfulCuckoo.gif

That was Sean Shelby, not Rousey. Tate also said that Rousey wasn't ready for her.

What is relevant is what Rousey has actually said, and I've seen no sources to indicate that Rousey has ever said that she wasn't ready or willing to fight Cyborg.

Oh I just saw this thread, and clicked cause I am bored, and just Googled for the story. I was curious on weather or not there was any info. Just helpin out :)

I don't really care if they fight or not to be honest, I am just killing some time. If you ask me, as someone neutral and as someone that doesn't give two fucks about WMMA, I think they should fight just so people would shut the fuck up.

Oh I just saw this thread, and clicked cause I am bored, and just Googled for the story. I was curious on weather or not there was any info. Just helpin out :)

I don't really care if they fight or not to be honest, I am just killing some time. If you ask me, as someone neutral and as someone that doesn't give two fucks about WMMA, I think they should fight just so people would shut the fuck up.

Ronda has agreed to fight at 145 when it existed, 140 before she was in the UFC, and now 135.

Cyborg's steroid abuse got 145 canceled, she refused 140, agreed to 135 and then refused to fight when Ronda was offered.

This is a complete misrepresentation of facts.

Ronda dropped down to 135.

Ronda beat Tate.

Ronda agreed to fight Cyborg at 145.

Cyborg pops for steroids.

Strikeforce folded.

UFC buys out Strikeforce and all the WMMA contracts they had.

Cyborg ops out of her UFC contract and runs to Invicta.

That's the order of the events. I would say running to a different organization is a far clearer indication of ducking then dropping weight classes.

As far as the TS is concerned, who gives a fuck what she said 4 years ago? You act as if people don't change their minds. The circumstances have changed since then, and if what you're saying is true, Ronda has changed her mind since then. Who gives a shit?

Back