Ronda admitted she was not ready for cyborg

no, that happened. but don't expect any whiteknight to "remember" this.
Ronda promised to go back up.
But as soon as she got the belt, she said "I am also a champion, why should I move up to fight her?"
Then when asked about a CW, she said something like this: "I would accept, but I am sure she would miss weight, and I would be forced to accept ane end up fighting her at 145 anyway!"

And while thinking she would fail to make 140, then she demands Cyborg to make even less!

IMO it's genius! After all, Zuffa Zombies and whiteknights rather see her dominating undeserving girls than challenging herself.
They want to root for a legend, even if it is a legend who runs no risks and fights only against people they know they can beat...(see my sig for more on this)

Cyborg was not a champ at that time she was stripped of her title funny how you skim over that

False. Ronda agreed to a fight at 145, it was in the making. Cyborg's people admitted to that.

Then she aggreed to a fight at 140, demanding strict testing. That made Cyborg shut up, even though she was the one suggesting the fight.

You know he chooses to ignore that so he can talk shit.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...on-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

"Nonetheless, "Rowdy" and "Cyborg," who are 10 pounds apart, were apparently penciled in to collide this summer had the suspension been reduced. At least that was the plan, according to an affidavit that Santos' legal team submitted to CSAC prior to the hearing"

while not trying to be difficult, you gotta agree that the "At least that was the plan" shows this was as real as us talking about the fight happening at 135 Lbs, don't you agree?
it's not like they both signed the bout agreement.

while not trying to be difficult, you gotta agree that the "At least that was the plan" shows this was as real as us talking about the fight happening at 135 Lbs, don't you agree?
it's not like they both signed the bout agreement.

It was real enough to use in court. I'd say that's slightly more real than us speculating.

A bit like Ronda vs the natural 125ers she's fighting then?

Who walks around at 125 that ronda has fought? And even if your right, thats their problem for moving up to 135 instead of cutting down to 115.

no, that happened. but don't expect any whiteknight to "remember" this.
Ronda promised to go back up.....blah....blah....blah and more blah.

She said she would go back up before Cyborg disgraced herself and wmma by being caught taking steroids. Now that Ronda is the star she doesn't feel the need to make an exception for a proved roider.

Ronda barely makes 135

She makes 135 in 3 days mostly through diet and only drains the day before weigh in. That's about as easy a weight cut as there is. Cyborg on the other hand missed 145 by 7 lbs once and also had to use steroids to cut down for a fight in which she got popped for. Let's not talk about who has an easier time making weight.

We need a source claiming she admitted it. I personally think she did run from Cyborg then and I don't think she was ready for her and she knew it. However now is a different day and time. Ronda is absolutely ready now and would likely beat Cyborg.

We need a source claiming she admitted it. I personally think she did run from Cyborg then and I don't think she was ready for her and she knew it.

I don't think "running" is a proper or fair term here. That term, to me, suggests some sort of cowardice, which isn't fair to say of someone literally having made their (amateur!) mma debut a year earlier.

We need a source claiming she admitted it. I personally think she did run from Cyborg then and I don't think she was ready for her and she knew it. However now is a different day and time. Ronda is absolutely ready now and would likely beat Cyborg.

The source is in this thread and it clearly shows R3 moved down for promotional reasons.

Its true she said tate was the easier fight.But lets be honest what was she 3-0 ?

If you think cyborg has a shot now your delusional

Really? So Cyborg has no shot to beat Ronda?

Lol ok..

Well, i never thought Ronda was that savvy about her business decisions. I was wrong, she knew she wasn't ready so she dropped to 135lbs.

She has money and fame now, why risk it by getting mowed through by Cyborg. Good move Ronda, Good move

Really? So Cyborg has no shot to beat Ronda?

Lol ok..

Well, i never thought Ronda was that savvy about her business decisions. I was wrong, she knew she wasn't ready so she dropped to 135lbs.

She has money and fame now, why risk it by getting mowed through by Cyborg. Good move Ronda, Good move

Funny you assume if ronda agreed to fight cyborg and any weight above 135 that the ufc would even do it. People are dense when it comes to business, luckily zuffa isn't, that's why they took a dying brand and turned it into what it is today, smart business decisions not emotional ones.

Also cyborg got busted for winstrol, that ruined the potential fight back in SF. Then time did its thing, ronda became a huge star cyborg more of a joke. (great fighter and im a big fan btw always watch her fights have way before RR was in the sport)

Yes, Rousey stated that she would move down after Budd because she felt too green.

Then Zuffa bought Strikeforce and Cyborg got popped, and by that time the 145 division had two people in it, Germaine de Randamie who stated she would be happy to move to 135 and Hiroko Yamanaka, who was offered one extra fight on USA soil based on the fiasco of her opponent cheating and was over 30 at the time. Given those facts, they dissolved the 145 division and when Cyborg got back and Zuffa had the Strikeforce contract, she was offered to fight at 135, which she refused.

Rousey said she needed more experience because she had 3 pro fights. She also said she thinks she could beat Cyborg right then anyway, but that Cyborg will want the fight as soon in her career as possible and Rousey will want it as late as possible because Rousey's rate of improvement as a new fighter will be exponential fight to fight while Cyborg can't improve nearly as fast having been in the game so long already. She's not incorrect.

The fact that any of this is news to any of you should tell you how little you know about this chick you've been bashing for the past three years. This only further illustrates to me that most of those bashing Rousey have very little knowledge of her history with Cyborg and how this has all come about. I feel like most people are just learning information second and third hand and weren't actually following it at the time.

Last edited:
Times are different and Ronda destroys her now. Ronda is smart, gain experience then be ready for war

Are you saying that Ronda might not be the Greatest Warrior to ever grace our low existence? So the UFC lied to me?

I'm sure if she knew at the time that she would be 135 UFC champ with no 145 pound division and making millions and Cyborg would be popped for steroids and become irrelevant, that her Strikeforce plans as an amateur would have been slightly different. And even then she knew both would be pressing for their own weight class. And even then she was looking to do what made the most business sense for her to do. That's considered smart by people with jobs.

Castro was going to become a pro baseball player until he didn't make the final cut and went back to Cuba and got involved with his brother who was heavy into politics. Any pre-political quotes from Castro you want to dig up? lol, things change. There is only a 135 pound division for the top weight class in WMMA. There is only one champ. And there is only one contender that refuses to make weight.

Not ready for Cyborg? She wasn't. She was still inexperienced.

She dropped a class and found her optimal weight class.

Turns out that Cyborg was juicing to be 145 and also get a strength advantage.

So the truth is that the proper weight for them both is Ronda's current weight and Cyborg could make that weight if she got off the juice.

The idea is to make it a fair fight. I don't see a problem with Ronda's choice.

Back