Romero is currently oldest fighter in UFC roster

With Anderson retiring Yoel is now oldest
Just wow

Solider of god bless

Still has the best body and arguably won Costa, Whitaker and izzy

121_Israel_Adesanya_x_Yoel_Romero.0.jpg
Not even close. Romero is GOAT at fight rhetoric. He can convince the shit out of people that he's extremely dangerous and that he comes to fight. The truth is that, when he isn't trying to take advantage of every grey area in the rule-book, he basically cherry picks his way to a puncher's chance, all while being incapable of beating the elite in his division.

Izzy beat him, and it was not even close. If Romero would have fought then maybe there would have been a case. That said, if he fought he would have gotten knocked out. Costa beat him, and the only reason there's a question is that they both looked equally sloppy.

I'll give credit where credit is due: respectable wins over Machida, Rockhold, and Brunson. Kennedy was tarnished by his stealing time to rest (the same type of behaviour that had the Joshua loose against Ruiz in their first fight- stalling). So, I'm not saying that he's a bum, what I'm saying is that he is grossly overrated and cannot beat elite competition (yes he beat Machida and Rockhold, but they were elite. The Machida that lost to him would lose to Brunson and leave the UFC shortly thereafter. The Rockhold that lost to him was 1-3 in his last 4 UFC fights, of which this was 1-2 before "retiring").

The older he gets the more annoying it is to watch him flex, feint, and then feign surprise when he looses a decision...

He recent fight record reflects his age.

1-4 in his last 5.

The only 40'ish fighters on the roster in the top 10 with a winning record are Glover, Arlovski and Overeem

3 of his last 3
he actually could be undefeated in the ufc. i dont judge this way, as i have at least 2 draws in his last 3, and 4 in his last 7

but yeah....nobody even dominated him other than feijao at 93kg

The Cubans are notorious for age fixing when it comes to Olympics. Or were, at least.

I would not be surpries if he is 2 or 3 years older.

He recent fight record reflects his age.

1-4 in his last 5.

The only 40'ish fighters on the roster in the top 10 with a winning record are Glover, Arlovski and Overeem

3 of those losses were title shots and the 4th was a top contender match. 4 of those losses were against the current 3 best MWs. Whittaker and Izzy are easily the second and third best UFC MWs ever, really.

On top of that Romero hurt bad both Whittaker and Izzy. Also it's easy to argue that the second Whittaker bout and the Costa fight were at least draws, they were as close as it gets.

In none of his 4 losses Romero was at any point outmatched, badly hurt, nullified, etc. Quite the contrary, Izzy forgot that he had ANY flair and became as conservative as you've ever seen him.

Has Romero diminished physically, yes. Especially if we are talking cardio. But he is leagues above Arlovski and Overeem in terms of threat level. Glover... has a good run, but it's becuse LHW is shit. Romero is still quite feared and most MWs are trying to steer clear away from him...

3 of those losses were title shots and the 4th was a top contender match. 4 of those losses were against the current 3 best MWs. Whittaker and Izzy are easily the second and third best UFC MWs ever, really.

On top of that Romero hurt bad both Whittaker and Izzy. Also it's easy to argue that the second Whittaker bout and the Costa fight were at least draws, they were as close as it gets.

In none of his 4 losses Romero was at any point outmatched, badly hurt, nullified, etc. Quite the contrary, Izzy forgot that he had ANY flair and became as conservative as you've ever seen him.

Has Romero diminished physically, yes. Especially if we are talking cardio. But he is leagues above Arlovski and Overeem in terms of threat level. Glover... has a good run, but it's becuse LHW is shit. Romero is still quite feared and most MWs are trying to steer clear away from him...
He clearly lost to Whittaker and Izzy. The second Whittaker fight he hurt him once and got lit up the whole fight

He clearly lost to Whittaker and Izzy. The second Whittaker fight he hurt him once and got lit up the whole fight
He hurt Rob twice minimum in the 2nd fight, I thought there was argument he could have won I thought it was a draw, he had rob hurt bad

Romero is the same age as Oleinik? That's crazy

Yoel 1,2,5 baby.

Cheating bastard, but a great fighter.

I really admire how hes mastered the technique of standing. Even at his advanced age hes able to stand still and do nothing.

Back