121_Israel_Adesanya_x_Yoel_Romero.0.jpg

Last edited:
With Anderson retiring Yoel is now oldest
Just wow

Solider of god bless

Still has the best body and arguably won Costa, Whitaker and izzy

121_Israel_Adesanya_x_Yoel_Romero.0.jpg

Source ? There are certainly guys older than him at HW

I wish Yoel would have came to the party about 20 years ago. One of the physically scariest fighters I have ever seen. His wrestling base and explosiveness would have dominated imo, ufc picture would have been very different if he were around. Imagine him and andersen in their primes. He would have made a better lhw imo

We need Akiyama back.
He's 45 and as sexy as ever.
Looks perfect.

Lol I guess it's impressive that he's still competitive but he's not wrecking everybody like he was a few years ago. He also got into MMA super late and has only had 18 fights, he's not ancient in fight years. Alistair still being competitive after 20 years and being ko'd 14x is more impressive to me. Lots of guys who got late starts have had success when they were older.

Also, is Werdum officially gone?
He's 43 as well.

Anderson vs. Yoel as a final retirement fight for both.

I wish Yoel would have came to the party about 20 years ago. One of the physically scariest fighters I have ever seen. His wrestling base and explosiveness would have dominated imo, ufc picture would have been very different if he were around. Imagine him and andersen in their primes. He would have made a better lhw imo
I don't think it's his age, I think it's his neck. He's a short explosive guy that obviously wants to fight aggressively; he should be able to duck and weave like Mike Tyson. But he can't. So he has to sit back and wait for the counter strike instead. Which makes him a 5'8" counter striker.. doesn't work. And so he's been figured out: just wait longer than he does, and he'll just stare at you for 5 rounds. Touch him once or twice with a jab just to take the round, and you win.

Back