Rolled with any big names

rolled with terere recently, highlight of my 12 month bjj career!

I've rolled with Matt Arroyo and Joe Scarola (both TUF competitors). don't hate because Matt is my instructor and a phenomenal grappler. Joe is also an amazing grappler, even though it didn't show on his season.

did some line sparring with jeff glover when he came in for a seminar, and johnny ramirez when he teaches when he is in town. and mark vives, my main instructor of course.

Fabricio werdum, babalu, mayhem miller, Mark Munoz, Sergio Penha, Mario Sperry, Brandon Vera, stephan bonnar, jeff monson, joao assis. Monson and assis were in competition. others were in training.

Murilo Bustamante
Eddie Bravo
Regan Borges
Toquinho
Josh Barnett(sorta)

A few ATT Black Belts ive forgotten the names of.

Me too. See pic below :)

How was rolling with Barnett? He is obviously big but is he strong as he seems???

did not roll but was in Carlson Gracies guard for technique?

rolled with Denis Kang, GSP, Cheick Kongo, Marcelo Garcia, Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro, Ant

GSP subbed me in no gi in 30 seconds, same with nog and garcia in gi

Kongo was not very good technically, freak strong and was able to bench press me off when i gain top position. but on points i would have beaten him.

in gi i would have done better and able to control him much more

So I take it you're a blue belt as of that date?

I kid.

OHHHHHH! BUUURRRRRRRRRRRN!

Terrifying?

Eh... A little.

He was really cool. Let me work. I got to try some leg locks he taught me, and he helped me through finishing them.

Real cool guy. Shertards have the total opposite view about him.

Last edited:
How was rolling with Barnett? He is obviously big but is he strong as he seems???

Um hes pretty big. Hes strong for sure. Obviously a lot of guys are stronger than me, being i only weigh 160lbs, but ive seen him manhandle and literally throw a 290lb Brown Belt. Not to mention ive seen him suplex two guys who had to have been 220lbs each.

What impressed me even more was his character. Josh was very cool. Ill always support that guy, because unlike a lot of fighters, he actually cares about his fans. Everyone can make all the fat or steroid jokes they want, but you know what, Josh is a cool cat.

He was warming up to compete, headphones, hoodie on, the whole bit, and when someone asked him to take a couple pictures with his kids, he was very polite and said, "Sure thing". Took the picture(even had to wait for the guy to figure out how to turn on his flash. *idiot*), and then Josh got on the mat and won his weight class and the absolute.

He won me over as a fan, and i always will be because of that.

I've rolled with Matt Arroyo and Joe Scarola (both TUF competitors). don't hate because Matt is my instructor and a phenomenal grappler. Joe is also an amazing grappler, even though it didn't show on his season.

Matt seems like a real solid grappler from the videos of his matches ive seen.

That guy Joe looks good too. But i dont think ill ever be a fan. Quiting on Serra, and then leaving to get your Black Belt from Gracie Barra... Come on dude...

How did you guys fare against these pros?

Murilo Bustamante - Cant do anything he doesnt let me do.

Eddie Bravo - Passed his guard for a second. Then got triangled. It was a tarp. =(

Regan Borges - Guy is a murderer. Cant get anything going.

Toquinho - He let me work. Took it easy on me. Thankfully...

Josh Barnett(sorta) - Didnt roll full speed. He taught me some cool neck cranks, and a kneebar from passing.

Hermes Franca - He was training for his fight agaisnt Tyson in that picture i posted. We went full speed and it was awesome. I worked some guard passes, and passed to half guard a few times IIRC. He triangled me, and caught me in an armlock as well. I did hit a switch on him though. Then he switched his hips, and gullotined the shit outta me. :D

It was awesome.

Forgot to mention Jared Rollins from TUF(Season 5?). Ive rolled with him a few times. He is a Brown Belt under Juliano Prado.

I was most competitve rolling with him. Ill leave it at that.

Last edited:
Roberto Tozzi
Luis "Big Mac"
Bruno Fazzato
Edwardo Telles
Kayron Gracie
Carlos Gracie Jr.
Toquinho (I think he was there when i rolled at btt in rio).
octavio Souza
Cobrinha
Phillepe della monica
Marcio Feitosa
Igor Gracie
Marco Joca
ana cordeiro

Um hes pretty big. Hes strong for sure. Obviously a lot of guys are stronger than me, being i only weigh 160lbs, but ive seen him manhandle and literally throw a 290lb Brown Belt. Not to mention ive seen him suplex two guys who had to have been 220lbs each.

What impressed me even more was his character. Josh was very cool. Ill always support that guy, because unlike a lot of fighters, he actually cares about his fans. Everyone can make all the fat or steroid jokes they want, but you know what, Josh is a cool cat.

He was warming up to compete, headphones, hoodie on, the whole bit, and when someone asked him to take a couple pictures with his kids, he was very polite and said, "Sure thing". Took the picture(even had to wait for the guy to figure out how to turn on his flash. *idiot*), and then Josh got on the mat and won his weight class and the absolute.

He won me over as a fan, and i always will be because of that.

Thanks for the reply. He seems like a cool dude.

Mac Danzig
Alberto Crane
Rickson (really just used me to demonstrate a technique)

Boxed with Don "the Dragon" Wilson once. Crumpled me with a body shot :)

Back