Roger Huerta/Melvin Guillard sparring

what is up with them trying to hit eachother so hard? no one gets better.

:icon_twis:icon_twisHI, Guys. I am just looking for a good place to to talk about MMA in general, including fighters, techniques, fight plan...You name it. I hope this is the riht place.

The one thing about Melvin is that he can knock anyone out with a punch, or as we say...he has a punchers chance. I always liked watching his fights but he does have holes in his game.

I AGREE
looks more like this melvin guy looking for the KO
he's got natural athleticism, handspeed, but was obviously gassed after one round cause he was trying to throw so hard
the guy has literally no defense technique, and doesn't know how to fight on the inside, lookin down when they exchange
everything is just a typical sign of nonexperience

actually you get alot better sparring like this. Is just as important as light technical sparring. Sparring sessions like this are almost like having a fight in a controlled enviroment where it can be stopped quick if someone take a hard shot or get hurt. If you never spar like this all that "technical light stuff" you've been doing will go to shit fast in a fight.

These kind of sessions are the type of things people travel for hours to participate in for great expierience that takes your game to new levels.

thats real soild work right there by both guys.

bunch of amatuers. Where were all the combos and head movement?

I want to see Huerta fight BJ just to see the two tee off on each other., Both have crazy good chins.

bunch of amatuers. Where were all the combos and head movement?

lol what a friggen loser you are. It was sparring. We have no idea what round that was, what they were doing prior or what kind of training was going to take place after. Not everyone can have perfect gas and perfect form throughout every training session. But you probably have never trained before so why would I try and explain this to you. I would like to see you get in there with either one of them and not get your head taken off.

lol what a friggen loser you are. It was sparring. We have no idea what round that was, what they were doing prior or what kind of training was going to take place after. Not everyone can have perfect gas and perfect form throughout every training session. But you probably have never trained before so why would I try and explain this to you. I would like to see you get in there with either one of them and not get your head taken off.

>>> Yeah dude! Xactly what I was thinking... Lets see any of the "key board" wizards get in there with these 2 studs and get their asses handed to them.

I cant understand how people can be so immature as to criticize people who are doing something, at such a high level, or at a level that the majority of us will never be party to...

actually you get alot better sparring like this. Is just as important as light technical sparring. Sparring sessions like this are almost like having a fight in a controlled enviroment where it can be stopped quick if someone take a hard shot or get hurt. If you never spar like this all that "technical light stuff" you've been doing will go to shit fast in a fight.

These kind of sessions are the type of things people travel for hours to participate in for great expierience that takes your game to new levels.

thats real soild work right there by both guys.

some gyms agree with this method. but the fact is, if done frequently, this causes injury and brain damage. and if you fight only couple times a yr, it's necessary for fighters to enage in full sparring.
and newbie boxers should go through this for exp..

but on the other hand, for pros who fight at least 6 times a year. they never go this hard when they spar. many people fight to live, so they don't risk their upcoming bouts or their longterm careers. no one said technical light stuff. strikes should be quick but controlled.

there was a post a couple (or more) days ago about jabbing/crossing to the body. Melvin has great jabs and crosses to the body. Ask Gabe Rudiger!

Is this video that amazing? I appreciate that I get to view an MMA fighter box but anybody could have told you Melvin's hands are purrrty nice and he is overall a better boxer than Heurta, who is by most definitions a wrestler.

Back