• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roger Gracie vs Comprido (video)

Well then don't forget about Pe de Pano vs Xande tomorrow!

And while Comprido got smoked, that single leg entry has been Roger's kryptonite forever, and it was great to see it exploited. IIRC, Jacare worked that to great effect in their brown and black belt matches.

lol, exploited by getting the fight to the ground where roger got CG and took the back and choked out. it worked swimmingly

ps- does comprido have any friends? If so, you think they would tell him that green hair is dumb as fuck.

He makes it look so easy. I'd love to see Roger Gracie vs Josh Barnett in Metamoris.

He makes it look so easy. I'd love to see Roger Gracie vs Josh Barnett in Metamoris.

Put that match and kron vs tonon on the same card with chael vs another wrestler (bjj guys just play closed guard on him and it's boring to watch) and I'd pay for the event.

2 on motherfcking 1!

I'm the biggest Marcelo fan in the world. With that being said no one make Jiu Jitsu look more simple or elementary than Roger.

Roger doing that Roger thing is so beautiful!

Seriously. After watching a breakdown of his arm drag I've had so much more success when I go for it and it's my primary offense when they're good at breaking my collar grip. It's been my savior since I can't DLR anymore(at the heaviest DLR academy).

Xande literally just won another world championship. Gotta pick Xande in that one.

Roger vs Comprido was more interesting. Although Roger had subbed Comprido back in the day, Comprido was more active lately in sport BJJ so there was a question mark as to how well Roger would perform when he returned.

lol, exploited by getting the fight to the ground where roger got CG and took the back and choked out. it worked swimmingly
\

Exploited in that the technique was successful in accomplishing what that technique is supposed to do.

ps- does comprido have any friends? If so, you think they would tell him that green hair is dumb as fuck.

I'll give him the message next time I roll with him...you better visit me in the hospital

Awesome to see BJJ basics at the highest possible level.

I'll give him the message next time I roll with him...you better visit me in the hospital

Awesome to see BJJ basics at the highest possible level.

If someone wants to kick my ass for trying to help them out and not look like a friggin chia pet, then so be it.
Meet you at Hell's Pass Hospital.

How the hell did the BJJ world let me forget this was happening today?

I'm at the event and I still forgot. Just walking around and I happen upon Roger rolling with Kayron Gracie away from the main mat area, with nobody watching. Didn't realize he was going to fight Comprido in ten minutes so I asked for a pic with them and they were still gracious enough to do it.

Man, that match was old school boring. Bummer.

Glad that Xande won, though.

damn, roger is unstoppable with that sleeve drag. i mean he does that same move every time anyone touches his gi in the guard, they all know it's coming and he does it anyway. insane.

And while Comprido got smoked, that single leg entry has been Roger's kryptonite forever, and it was great to see it exploited. IIRC, Jacare worked that to great effect in their brown and black belt matches.

When 7' tall with no wrestling background it's a tuff go! But the only thing that matters is the W!

Back