Rogan: "There are ways fighters can get past the rules against greasing up"

Amazing how many people are still spreading the "bath in baby oil" or vaseline on hot skin nonsense.

Actual greasing is far more subtle and complex than that.

I remember Diego was accused of greasing through hair product. But i don't remember which fight.

Also, Kizer says the Silva style if "greasing" is okay because it's not extra, just the vaseline the prep guys rub on. Which gets transferred through grappling anyway.

2vct1tl.jpg

vr7KUExgR8r.jpg

lol well the first time they fought, Cheater of the Century got busted for illegal TRT/PED use so how can you blame him! After taht first round and the mount/ground work that grease got spread everywhere anyways.

Also, did the grease have anything to do with Andy landing that knee???

Anderson has done this on a regular basis.

By not taking a bath for a while and letting skin oils build up. The resulting smell can also induce a mild shock for the opponent.

Lindland was known for being a funky f*ck and not bathing for like a week before fights.

Pretty much. He used it to win a stoppage over Sakuraba, and then lied about it until tapes were released. He changed his story like three times. Guy's a piece of shit.

It certainly endeared him to the Japanese fans.

Once you rub vaseline on its on. Once you sweat you become slippery as fuck.

It makes it hard for the greased fighter too because it rubs onto their oppenents

someone should make a body spray or safe soap that pulls out grease just to make sure so there is no cheating.

this kind of stuff is far worse than ped's imo. it just shows u that these guys are mentally weak and aren't looking for a fair fight. before the fight ok, do what you want, but not on the night

Rogan just said this on the Facebook prelim fight but didn't want to get into the specifics. Anyone know what he means? Are there alternative methods other than wiping on the ol' vasoline?

Marquardt vs. Palhares

Eating a tub of crisco right before you fight. If you can get past the heart attack during the walkout then no one can hold you down.

Maybe there's something you can eat that makes your sweat greasy.

mcdonalds-fat-300x197.jpg

kfc.jpg

Seriously though, I remember reading about fighters rubbing themselves with baby oil, which can be absorbed by the skin, and let it dry up prior to their match.

So many ways to hide it, I'm sure there are a lot of people greasing. If you wanted to you could simply put some vaseline under the shorts and pretend you're adjusting them.

Back