Rogan: "There are ways fighters can get past the rules against greasing up"

The easiest way is to saturate your skin with something greasy, like Vaseline, leading up to the fight. Your skin will look and feel normal, but the moment you start to get a good sweat on, your perspiration will be a Vaseline/sweat mixture, making you much harder to get a hold of.

What if somone accuses you of greasing during the fight and the referee checks you? I think you can tell the difference between sweat and a mixture of vaseline/sweat if you're experienced.

You can just do this and nobody seems to mind:
andersonsilvaufc97greas.gif

Well, he's not trying to hide it and actually, it has been addressed and I beleive after the 2nd Sonnen fight (i mean ASS WHOOPIN' lol) I'm pretty sure the AC said they didn't appreciate spreading the vasoline and that it would be looked into:
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0710/549297/anderson-silva/

And at least he's using what they give him...not applying extra grease via a trainer:
gspgrease2.gif

The easiest way is to saturate your skin with something greasy, like Vaseline, leading up to the fight. Your skin will look and feel normal, but the moment you start to get a good sweat on, your perspiration will be a Vaseline/sweat mixture, making you much harder to get a hold of.

This works. Someone mentioned above to open your pores first and then cool down but that isn't necessary and i doubt it works any better.

Also, regarding Silva spreading the vaseline applied to his face/eyebrows, if Anderson didn't spread it, it would just get all over his opponents during grappling/clinching.

What if somone accuses you of greasing during the fight and the referee checks you? I think you can tell the difference between sweat and a mixture of vaseline/sweat if you're experienced.

Then you'd be in a shit ton of trouble.

This works. Someone mentioned above to open your pores first and then cool down but that isn't necessary and i doubt it works any better.

After a hot shower or bath I notice my skin is much more pliable and I bet the pores open up a lot... spread on the grease, wipe it off and cool down....seems like that might work.

Not only that, but as gross as it may sound, I think I'm a pretty greasy dude... Sounds gross but after working out or a long day I can really feel the grease building up on my face and body... some people just have more oily skin than others.

Eugenio Tadeau vs. Renzo Gracie is a good example of it. Then let it dry (I think his corner used hair dryers), then he sweated through it, and he got greasy.

love anderson but if thats the chael 2 fight, he could have won cheater of the year for that performance, and chael could win idiot of the year for trying to throw a spinning backfist on the goat

lol well the first time they fought, Cheater of the Century got busted for illegal TRT/PED use so how can you blame him! After taht first round and the mount/ground work that grease got spread everywhere anyways.

Also, did the grease have anything to do with Andy landing that knee???

And at least he's using what they give him...not applying extra grease via a trainer:
gspgrease2.gif

Clearly those were the breathing exercises that Phil Nurse was talking about. I also love a grown man rubbing me when I do my breathing exercises at home. :eek:

Clearly those were the breathing exercises that Phil Nurse was talking about. I also love a grown man rubbing me when I do my breathing exercises at home. :eek:

He's clearly opening his chi bro

Rogan must just be a butt hurt fan of Penn, Hughes, Mayhem, Sherk, and Serra.

lol well the first time they fought, Cheater of the Century got busted for illegal TRT/PED use so how can you blame him! After taht first round and the mount/ground work that grease got spread everywhere anyways.

Also, did the grease have anything to do with Andy landing that knee???

no but holding onto the shorts for 45 straight seconds sure helped his tdd

Of course there are ways to get around the rules against greasing up, if you doubt this, you're likely unable to think much further past your nose.

coating yourself then letting it dry. towel down, then dont work a sweat till in the cage. by second round your slippery

Didn't Akiyama get caught using like 8 bottles of lotion?

akyama had some kind of powder that when you sweat it lathered up

Back