Rogan : "Most of UFC fighters smoke weed"

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/14/9...ajority-of-ufc-fighters-are-smoking-marijuana

"That's also the weird thing about martial arts. A tremendous amount of UFC fighters smoke pot. I mean, a massive amount where it's a huge issue with them involving drug tests, you know, where they have to stop smoking weed for the last four weeks or so in order to pass drug tests. More UFC fighters smoke pot than don't smoke pot."

"Before I started smoking pot I thought it was for losers. I really did. I got lucky, I met my friend Eddie Bravo and he is this really creative musician and he explained to me that it helps him write music and create music. He was this interesting guy that I used to do Jiu-Jitsu with."

Did not know there were that many weed smokers but it can definietely be a performance enhancing, and i know lots of guys at the gym that do smoke and sometimes see their performances topped after smoking

According to the pot smoker

I very much doubt that most do.

Anyway it's ok because it comes from a plant isn't it?
Then again so does heroin....

"I thought pot was for losers, but then I got addicted..."

Well, it's not that Denmark is huge, so I guess you're never really "far" away from Christiania.

True.
I've been there and done what Rogan accuses most of the fighters of.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/14/9...ajority-of-ufc-fighters-are-smoking-marijuana

"That's also the weird thing about martial arts. A tremendous amount of UFC fighters smoke pot. I mean, a massive amount where it's a huge issue with them involving drug tests, you know, where they have to stop smoking weed for the last four weeks or so in order to pass drug tests. More UFC fighters smoke pot than don't smoke pot."

"Before I started smoking pot I thought it was for losers. I really did. I got lucky, I met my friend Eddie Bravo and he is this really creative musician and he explained to me that it helps him write music and create music. He was this interesting guy that I used to do Jiu-Jitsu with."

Did not know there were that many weed smokers but it can definietely be a performance enhancing, and i know lots of guys at the gym that do smoke and sometimes see their performances topped after smoking

lol

A lot of athletes tend to prefer drugs with painkilling/relaxing effects, so it should not be that big of a surprise that some smoke pot.

Sports and drugs are so opposite things and ı dont think a serious athlete dont do it for sure...Those potheads just try to show weed is a normal thing because of they do

as long as its not right before a fight i dont have a problem with fighters smoking weed whatsoever.

This thread is depressing. Sherdog is becoming alarmingly stupid at a depressing rate.

Last edited:
Why wont people believe this? Just because you have no first hand experience yourself?
Smoking weed after practices are actually a pretty common thing in contact sports, there was a piece made out of it on NFL not too long ago.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...veted-by-nfl-players-as-invaluable-painkiller

I do it sometimes and im not a junkie or hippie lol. Its pretty helpful to even get a good night of sleep after a hard sparring day or just regularly a tough day to wake up next morning to go again. Thats the biggest help ive found out of it, but it also helps you alot with relaxing and painkilling etc.

Sports and drugs are so opposite things and ı dont think a serious athlete dont do it for sure...Those potheads just try to show weed is a normal thing because of they do

Sports are fueled by performance enhancing drugs to the extent people assume that more athletes use them than not.

Marijuana is harmless, like most things, it's fine in moderation.

It isn't addictive and has some benefits; also, I prefer the company of stoned people to drunk people.

Back