Rogan Dissects Sonnen/Jones

As much as I like Chael nothing Joe has said there changes my opinion that JBJ will just do as he pleases and get a second round t/KO.

Can't wait to see TUF this year and I just want to see if Chael can put him on his back ONE time before Jones finishes him.

No, sorry.
Rogan is just trying to hype the fight and garner some intrigue/interest in this TUF season by stating it is Sonnen's opportunity to enter Jone's head.

If you noticed, the best he could say about Sonnen is how great he is at trash talking.... and that is the absolute truth...

that alone shows the mismatch here.

And the only way Sonnen beats Jones is to make Jones fight emotionally?

Heck, the fact he is not speaking is that nothing could be worse than Rashad's fight. And Jones fought much like GSP! In a calm, professional way, not allowing his emotion get the best of him.

So I don't think any trash talk will make Jones fight differently, the same way i wouldn't expect GSP to fight differently.

"This uploader has not been made available in your country"

First-world problem in the third-world
Nicaraguan+man+crying.png

when ufc 151 got canceled, on joe's podcast with immortal technique #2.

He said Jones should have taken the fight because he doesn't see how Sonnen could beat Jones.

Probably the only time EVER where I saw Joe made a fight pick.

But then again Sonnen took the fight on short notice, so he might think Sonnen has a better chance this time.

If Rampage, Shad, DUI + Beer + Pole, and haters can't get into his... Sonnen isn't going to because Jones knows Sonnen is his easiest fight since coming to the UFC.

566263332.gif

Not to mention that mid-fight no less.

Lol, you can tell even Rogan knows JBJ will demolish Sonnen. Hes just selling the fight and the tuf season. He has a hard time getting excited.

How was that insightful in any sense?

Rough paraphrase:

"Jon Jones is greatness, somehow Chael talked him into this fight, basically Chael's only chance of winning is somehow coercing Jon Jones into tapping out at some random point during the fight because Chael's only real skill is trash-talking and getting inside people's heads"

Whose head has he got into anyway? People seem to forget that him and Bisping had at most a "minimal" exchange of words and even though Bisping lost, he did quite well and better than most thought he would. He trash talked Anderson Silva but how could you say he "got in his head" when for four rounds he beat Anderson Silva and he still got finished? and the rematch as well? The fact Anderson was able to begin both fights losing and still win shows that Chael wasnt really in his head(and Chael tried damn hard to piss Anderson Silva off and he was extremely calm and collected in both fights).

Chael is a great talker and some of his stuff is pure gold but Rogan is massively downplaying his skills(personally im thinking he is .going to get smashed possibly submitted). Jones can lose this fight and it wont be because Chael "got in his head"

He has more MMA knowlege than most if not all of this site. However, he also has an agenda to build hype so his opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt in any interview format.

What is there to dissect? Jones will destroy Sonnen.

terrible analysis

basically said sonnen cant do anything to win, except try to get into jones' head. I doubt that rarely works at the high levels of mma. Barely talked about either guys skills, said almost nothing about their weaknesses, and basically billed it as a typical cliche ridden rogan rant.

tired of this guy. Gotta get someone else in the booth that can break a fight down well. I would prefer Mir to Rogan most of the time.

Back