Rogan and mixedmartialarts.com on forum trolls

Anybody have cliffs? I can't stand to listen to Rogan and his meathead-stoner-philosopher routine for more than 20-30 seconds at a time...

Good thing you're around. Reading your posts is something everyone loves, certainly.

This most definitely. Nothing against Rogan or his podcasts but there are far better forms of entertainment.

tumblr_inline_n4foafra0C1sew80h.jpg

Seriously? Rogan is a troll his damn self. That or self righteous idiot that took too many drugs. I see him shit on people really bad that he doesn't like. Some of the stuff hes said prob helped run them off. I just find it interesting coming from him.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I drive a truck for a living. It seems like it'd be quite a bit harder to just sit around and listen/watch or have it on in the background.

it's actually my favorite "show" out of all mediums (tv/radio/ect)

I spend more time listening to joe rogan than I do watching anything on television or youtube.

I don't watch the videos cause that would be kind of ridiculous to just look at them talking for 3 hours. But rather downloading the audio version via itunes and listening to it with some earphones as I go about my day. That's awesome.

It makes driving/work/cooking way more fun when I can listen to the always entertaining and sometimes educational conversations of Joe Rogan all day

of course as someone mentioned above, it's not like you have to watch/listen to it all at once. I can stop and start and take a few days to get through any one podcast. or marathon a bunch.

you know what, I'm gonna shut up. It's better if I think before making stupid comments.

And thanks to both of you for talking like grown folk, I always expect childish ridicule when someone actually answers me

Because it's interesting, funny, educational (very educational, I've learned more from the show in the last few years than I can say. And it's easy to say "oh well get out more" but he--or his guests--talk about a lot of little fringe things that wouldn't just pop up in daily life. I mean bitcoin for example, I had only vaguely heard of it before the podcast, now I own some. That's one small example)

but really the interesting and funny part is what should really be driven home. Obviously if you're in the "hurr stoner talk" camp, you're not going to like it. So it should go without saying that I just flat out like it. I think it's hilarious and endlessly fascinating. I think Joe's very well spoken and has a charisma to him that makes him very easy to listen to.

it's not enough to be smart and well spoken, a speaker has to be easy to listen to (funny/charming/whatever) and Joe has that factor. So does kevin smith. I've tried quite a few podcasts but most put me to sleep. Basically Rogan, Kevin, and the Diane Rehm NPR show are the only things I can stand to listen to.

I don't think Rogan gets enough credit for wisdom. He's said some really profound stuff. Of course you'd actually have to listen to the show to hear it (and not just 1 and quit)

also even if you hate joe.. he tends to have on some very interesting guests. So if you hate joe and the stoner talk, avoid the ones where he talks to friends or fellow comedians like duncan trussell and instead look for the ones where he talks to Doctors, Scientists, Business men, and filmmakers.

For example, I've been listening to #593 the last couple of days (I'm quite a bit behind and refuse to jump ahead unless it's for a particular guest or unless something crazy happened in the news that I want to hear him talk about)

and in 593, he's talking to Josh Fox, the man who made the documentaries against fracking that won major awards and caused great movements on the subject. Super fascinating stuff.

and a few episodes back he talked extensively with a futurist and I love tech stuff.

So there's a small fraction of the "Why"

Honestly I could talk about Joe Rogan's podcast all day.

This most definitely. Nothing against Rogan or his podcasts but there are far better forms of entertainment.

Let me clarify: When I say it's my favorite entertainment in all of media, right now, a big part of that is giving him extra credit for quantity.

If you ask me if I'd rather watch an episode of Game of Thrones or listen to an episode of the Joe Rogan podcast: I'll choose Game of Thrones

BUT.... GOT delivers 10 episodes a year

Over a 5 year period, the Joe Rogan podcasts delivered an average of 135.2 episodes a year. (edit ps: and they're 3 hours long, compared to your normal television show's 1 hour or 30 minutes for a daily show type /edit)

135.2!!!!!! That's more than all the seasons of Breaking Bad combined, and that's just 1 year of Joe Rogan.

All in All... there's 676 episodes of the Joe Rogan Experience (not sure if that counts Fighter Companions, if it doesn't, there's even more) and more coming every week with no sign of stopping anytime soon.

and unlike in tv shows, there's almost never a huge quality difference. Some episodes of GoT can be the best thing you've ever seen and some kind be slow and meh.

Rogan's podcast is very consistent. In my mind, at least. Some may be more interesting than others based on subject but even the worst ones are at least funny.

And there's 676 of them... I can't emphasize that enough. 135 a year (on average)

That's more episodes per year than pretty much all the television shows I watch combine. Take GoT, Hannibal, Walking Dead and everything else I watch and add them together and they probably won't come close to 135 a year.

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are the only things that came close but of course they're ending.

And I'd be remissed if I didn't add: The podcast format is really something that is perfect for an A.D.D. type like myself. Because the problem with a great tv show is I actually have to sit down and watch it.

I have a huge backlog of Daily Show episodes on my DVR. So many that I haven't even been able to record anything new in months. but I just don't really want to sit down and watch it.

The JRE allows me to do whatever I want as long as I'm willing to do it deaf. As long as I don't need to hear in order to do it.

I can drive somewhere. I can do some editing. I can make posts like this one. I couldn't watch a tv show and make a posts like this one without constantly feeling the need to go back and see what I missed. But I can listen to JRE and posts all day.

Last edited:
Because it's interesting, funny, educational (very educational, I've learned more from the show in the last few years than I can say. And it's easy to say "oh well get out more" but he--or his guests--talk about a lot of little fringe things that wouldn't just pop up in daily life. I mean bitcoin for example, I had only vaguely heard of it before the podcast, now I own some. That's one small example)

but really the interesting and funny part is what should really be driven home. Obviously if you're in the "hurr stoner talk" camp, you're not going to like it. So it should go without saying that I just flat out like it. I think it's hilarious and endlessly fascinating. I think Joe's very well spoken and has a charisma to him that makes him very easy to listen to.

it's not enough to be smart and well spoken, a speaker has to be easy to listen to (funny/charming/whatever) and Joe has that factor. So does kevin smith. I've tried quite a few podcasts but most put me to sleep. Basically Rogan, Kevin, and the Diane Rehm NPR show are the only things I can stand to listen to.

I don't think Rogan gets enough credit for wisdom. He's said some really profound stuff. Of course you'd actually have to listen to the show to hear it (and not just 1 and quit)

also even if you hate joe.. he tends to have on some very interesting guests. So if you hate joe and the stoner talk, avoid the ones where he talks to friends or fellow comedians like duncan trussell and instead look for the ones where he talks to Doctors, Scientists, Business men, and filmmakers.

For example, I've been listening to #593 the last couple of days (I'm quite a bit behind and refuse to jump ahead unless it's for a particular guest or unless something crazy happened in the news that I want to hear him talk about)

and in 593, he's talking to Josh Fox, the man who made the documentaries against fracking that won major awards and caused great movements on the subject. Super fascinating stuff.

and a few episodes back he talked extensively with a futurist and I love tech stuff.

So there's a small fraction of the "Why"

Honestly I could talk about Joe Rogan's podcast all day.

That was a rhetorical question... to each their own.

That was a rhetorical question... to each their own.

I figured, but I'm sure there's a lot of lurkers that really do wonder why considering how many people don't like the show

or just don't listen to podcasts in general

I figured, but I'm sure there's a lot of lurkers that really do wonder why considering how many people don't like the show

Thanks for that post, I'll try a podcast this afternoon.

Sir, you are the type of poster that make me visit this forum daily!

Fair enough. I used to like Rogan but I don't anymore. It's mostly because his commentary bothers me. I find it to be too negative, he tends to focus on what he DOESN'T like about what one fighter is doing. There have been excellent fights that could have been hyped up more by the commentators enjoying the action, but were overshadowed by his rants. Just my opinion, and I'm a smoker.. so I'm not hating on him for that. He claims that anything he says is just for that figher to improve, but his job is not to coach.. It's fine to point out flaws, or what he perceives to be a flaw, but focusing on it takes away from the fight.

That show is three hours long, people really listen to this?

for 3 hours?

Not in relation to this topic, but in general, people listen to this shit for three hours?

I've listened to probably 300-400 of those 3 hour podcasts. You get through them just on your way to work/at work and run out of them pretty easily. I enjoy them a lot, and I've also learned a bunch.

Back