Rogan and mixedmartialarts.com on forum trolls

Der Ulrich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Obviously this will expose more of the exact people they are talking about in the clip. Too many idiots in here to expect otherwise. But valid points and hopefully some trolls will look themselves in the mirror cause jesus.... So many stupid remarks every fucking day in here.

09:35 mark -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT6qjIc9_5M

Too long, didn't read LOL

NRDY4Wy.jpg

That show is three hours long, people really listen to this?

for 3 hours?

Not in relation to this topic, but in general, people listen to this shit for three hours?

for 3 hours?

Not in relation to this topic, but in general, people listen to this shit for three hours?

You don't have to listen for all three hours. It's on youtube. You just start and stop.

Anybody have cliffs? I can't stand to listen to Rogan and his meathead-stoner-philosopher routine for more than 20-30 seconds at a time...

for 3 hours?

it's actually my favorite "show" out of all mediums (tv/radio/ect)

I spend more time listening to joe rogan than I do watching anything on television or youtube.

I don't watch the videos cause that would be kind of ridiculous to just look at them talking for 3 hours. But rather downloading the audio version via itunes and listening to it with some earphones as I go about my day. That's awesome.

It makes driving/work/cooking way more fun when I can listen to the always entertaining and sometimes educational conversations of Joe Rogan all day

of course as someone mentioned above, it's not like you have to watch/listen to it all at once. I can stop and start and take a few days to get through any one podcast. or marathon a bunch.

the shows can be hit or miss, and often depends on the guests.

I'm 3/4 of the way through this particular one, and it is pretty solid. The guests are the guys who started the UG and have been around the sport forever, and they have some good stories to share.

I just watch/listen to the ones that I find interesting. I care more when it is MMA related.

This was my show back in the day. Joe was fun. But the weed culture is something I couldn't relate to. And it was constant.

That site is shit.

Everyone uses sherdog, they just don't admit to it

for 3 hours?

Yeah, but I drive a truck for a living. It seems like it'd be quite a bit harder to just sit around and listen/watch or have it on in the background.

Anybody have cliffs?

This part of the video in Cliff Notes:

In the early days, forums like this one were cool, UFC fighters would come onto them on a regular basis. But the fighters have now been run off by (exact quote) "anonymous shitheads who just say the rudest meanest shit to them after they lost, or before the fight" and so they stay away because it would be bad for them psychologically otherwise.

There was then some debate about what percentage of people at such sites are (exact words) "assholes", "anonymous douchebags", etc. and some discussion of the psychology of such people.

Great episode so far.

Basically they were talking about how trolls on Sherdog caused fighters to quit the forums. They're right too, around 2006-8 there were a lot of asshole posters signing up* but the forums have improved vastly since then.

*Yes I realise the irony here being a 2007 join date myself.

Back