• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rockhold Wants To Go Up To HW & Fight Fabricio Werdum; Plans to Settle Old Beef

They're basically the same height, Rockhold is obviously leaner but also clearly faster, technically sharper, and a better wrestler.

I don't think it's ridiculous to the think Rockhold could fight the Werdum who showed up against Browne and beat him on points. Or even get a TKO via bodywork. WErdum is 6'4" to Rockhold's 6'3", the vast majority of weight difference is from Werdum being soft around the middle.

I'd bet that Rockhold would come in around 220ish, and Werdum around 240. There have been fare bigger weight differences in fights.

Awesome fight. I would thoroughly enjoy Werdum beating him into a bloody pulp and then tapping him out.

Lol at the idiots using Bisping as a reference for "pillow fists" or that being finished by him is somehow embarrassing. Bisping has a top percentage finish rate (kos), and he touched up better strikers than Werdum.

Werdum is bigger, strong, and has better grappling...but Rockhold measures distance great (minus his huge mistake vs Bisping). I think this is a way closer fight than people think...as long as he doesn't grapple with him.

What's the beef they've got??

Gotta respect the guy for simply wanting to put his hands (shin, in his case) on someone even though he'd more than likely get tapped or kod

if this happens fuck yes

would love to see rockhold with some more meat on his bones

more rockhold man meat

Not the craziest idea in the world, nor impossible for him to win.

Try telling people in 2007 that one day welterweight Anthony Johnson was going to be a top light heavyweight.
When Randy was champ Machida and Anderson could have potentially been HW champ. Dan KO'd Fedor. Mousasi tapped Hunt. Rumble beat Arlovski.

Longer MW's are heavy enough to still do damage at HW. Realistically, under all that fat, Nelson is a MW.

Fuck it. I'd watch the shit out of that. I'm all for fun fights especially when one's in a division that is clearly held up?

Meanwhile the champ of that division is too scared to fight any contenders.

Fights Anderson Silva the GOAT MW
Fights and demolishes Luke
fights the guy who KO'D him stiff
Now fighting the GOAT

Yea..... he's scared

I'd like to see it!!., I know they been talking trash about each other for years. Luke is a pretty big guy, cuts a lot of weight. I wanna see it

how did the hate get started?

Didn't Clay Guida or his brother try to call out Sean McCorkle?

Last edited:
Werdum is a small HW but he is more skilled everywhere and has a much better resume.

Werdum is a soft 230 hw .. Rock hold without cutting is probably 200-205 lbs.. if he takes some time to add some mass , he could fight werdum at 215-220 lbs since werdum isn't a physically strong guy .. I'd pay to see that fight

It's time for the authorities to lock him up for his own protection.

"Everyone’s steaming over this new fight I brought up"

No, they're not. Every time he opens his noise-hole he makes himself look like an idiot.

Back