• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rockhold Wants To Go Up To HW & Fight Fabricio Werdum; Plans to Settle Old Beef

Rockhold would destroy Werdum standing. Provided Rockhold comes in a solid 230-235 pounds, I give the edge to Rockhold.
Sounds like way too muscle to expect him to put on and not be bulky and slow, 220 or so seems doable.

rockhold is very salty fighter, i dont see this one ending good for him. he might never be on same level again if he goes up in weight and gets beaten badly by werdum. it has happened to a lot fighters

Not the craziest idea in the world, nor impossible for him to win.

Try telling people in 2007 that one day welterweight Anthony Johnson was going to be a top light heavyweight.
One has a ridiculous chin and god-like power. The other is athletic but can be finished by a pillow-fisted mw.

Sounds like way too muscle to expect him to put on and not be bulky and slow, 220 or so seems doable.
Considering Werdum isn't a big HW, yeah 220 would be a good weight as well.

If he wants it I give it to him. I'm not ready for Werdum to be back in the title mix yet anyways. Stipe beat him too easily. JDS is in there now and a lot of this depends on Stipe winning but I'd like either Ngannou or Lewis to be in the mix if they can win their fights. Overeem and Struve can be in that mix too. I know Werdum isn't a spring chicken but he looked like trash against Stipe and needs to win a couple before being back in there. I'd put Cain above him too except for the injuries. Overeem did way better than Werdum did.

man..

just come back and fight, dude could still very well be the best MW on the planet.

safe top 3.

Try telling people in 2007 that one day welterweight Anthony Johnson was going to be a top light heavyweight.
The major difference is that Rumble always had huge power and he was killing himself to make weight. Luke doesn't have that kind of power and he doesn't seem to have trouble making the weight. His path to victory over Werdum is difficult to imagine. He obviously can't win a grappling match. And Werdum is better in the clinch. So Luke's best option is probably to keep it on the outside and use his speed advantage, but that's also problematic because (1) Werdum is longer; and (2) Luke isn't exactly a speed demon.

That being said, I say make the fight. I'd happily watch Werdum smash Rockhold.

*clears throat*

Left hook larry.

Rockhold you're the reason the mw division is a complete joke right now.

Johnson had never been KOd by a WW tho... Still hasnt been KOd at all iirc.
Anyway. Would watch because I dislike Saltman.

Not a fan of Luke's, but props to him.

HW's are overrated. Yes, 1 shot could end the fight at any time for Werdum (and obviously he has an advantage on the ground), but I think Luke would be lighting him up in all honesty. And I doubt they'd weigh in more than 10-15 lbs apart. Could easily see Luke coming in 225-230.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'd still take Werdum. But I don't think it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:
funnily, I don't see there being a huge size advantage for Werdum.

I still think Rockhold and Romero are the best MW's. Gravity should be moving towards them fighting within a year. He beats Werdum as well.

I want to see this fight. None of us can say how it would go.

Honestly I'd like to see everyone from MW to hw be able to schedule fights with each other if they aren't number one contenders or champions (unless it's champ vs champ).

Same with bw to WW. Flyweights can just fight each other lol

Back