Rockhold v Jones is thee superfight to make.

They have a shared opponent, Rockhold did better. Rockhold could fight at HW. You guys are just really, really stupid.

Since we are using MMA math, I think your forgetting about the other shared opponent. Do you remember the outcomes?

Styles make fights. Rockhold is an outside striker who would avoid the clinch and likely win the grappling if it went to the ground.

Jones would not dominate. It would be a point striking battle and Jones would probably win a decision, but who knows.
Y'all must be smoking crack. Jones dominates this fight ANYWHERE it goes, which would be of his choosing, and finishes this fight wherever he wants whenever he feels like it (if he feels like it, Jones 2.0 certainly has shown he doesn't mind winning a decision). He would DWARF Rockhold and have a an 8 inch reach and god knows how much leg reach advantage.

You really think Rockhold out GRAPPLES Jones? That is retarded.

Striking - Jones by a country mile
Wrestling- Jones by lightyears
Clinch- so laughable it is not even worth discussing.
Cardio- Jones
Creativity- Jones
Chin - Jones

I am curious to see if UBER/Sober Jones reverts back to his original behavior of flat out fucking running through people in the first round via slam and hellbows. He was winning with ease on weed and coke, Jones 3.0 could come back and run through the elite in the same manner he ran through guys on his way up and on his way through "murderer's row".

Seriously, this thread is making me laugh. I get it that people HATE Jones and want to see him lose so badly that they sit around fantasizing about ANY possible fighter that could hand him a defeat but this is some fairytale fantasyland shit right here.

NO ONE at MW would beat Jon Jones.

his fight with Gus was close, Luke could beat Gus. Jones beating Glover the way he did and catching Machida in a guillotine doesn't mean he destroys Rockhold dumbass. Who uh, who did better against Machida again? Was that Luke, or Jones?

It's sorta even. They both finished him via submission in round two. In both fights, an elbow was the beginning of the end for Machida. I guess, Rockhold did it a bit quicker, but he was fighting a Machida with a considerable amount of mileage on him by then compare to when Jones fought him.

For the record I really do think Jones handles Rockhold pretty easy. I really like Rockhold, but Jones has shown that he's better at everything Rockhold is good at.

A fight between Gus and Rockhold would be super interesting though.

They have a shared opponent, Rockhold did better. Rockhold could fight at HW. You guys are just really, really stupid.
They have two shared opponents, Machida and Vitor.

Vitor headkick KTFO'ed Luke.... so much for your MMAth approach.

Anyway

Jones went 2-0, both stoppages
Luke went 1-1 with a first round KO loss and a Round 2 Sub win

But who really did better against Machida?

Who left Machida lying unconscious? Jones or Rockhold?

Jones KO'ed Machida, dropped him flat on his face, THEN choked him unconscious. It doesn't get much more dominant than that.

his fight with Gus was close, Luke could beat Gus. Jones beating Glover the way he did and catching Machida in a guillotine doesn't mean he destroys Rockhold dumbass. Who uh, who did better against Machida again? Was that Luke, or Jones?

Oooo ooo I can play this game too! Who uh, who did better against Vitor? Was that Luke getting his face kicked in, or Jones?

They also have a common opponent in Vitor, how convenient you didn't bring that one up. Is it because of this?

doc166113545_183737195

Based on what?

If you want to play the hypothetical MMA math game, Gus had a close fight with Cormier and almost finished him. The same Cormier tools Rockhold on a regular basis at AKA.

Everybody else has brought up Vitor, so I won't bother.

I love Rockhold as a fighter. I think he's going to brutalize Weidman again. I think he's going to reign for a long time to come.

But, the man to beat Jon Jones will never come from the weight class below. The guy is a physical phenomenon. It is impossible that he would ever lose to someone who is naturally and significantly smaller and lighter than him. His physical gifts make it inconceivable.

Not really. You don't need to be 225 lbs to implement Gus's game plan. Luke is definitely big enough, but his boxing is not good enough. Machida won the 1st round against Jones. Do that 3/5 rounds and you beat him.

It's always the same shit with Jones, and when he defeats x fighter, there's excuses left and right.

Rockhold is fukin huge you would be suprised what he would do to any top lhw
091_Luke_Rockhold_vs_Chris_Weidman.0.0.0.jpg

If he's that badass, why has he spent his career cutting down to fight smaller 185ers?

Y'all must be smoking crack. Jones dominates this fight ANYWHERE it goes, which would be of his choosing, and finishes this fight wherever he wants whenever he feels like it (if he feels like it, Jones 2.0 certainly has shown he doesn't mind winning a decision). He would DWARF Rockhold and have a an 8 inch reach and god knows how much leg reach advantage.

You really think Rockhold out GRAPPLES Jones? That is retarded.

Striking - Jones by a country mile
Wrestling- Jones by lightyears
Clinch- so laughable it is not even worth discussing.
Cardio- Jones
Creativity- Jones
Chin - Jones

I am curious to see if UBER/Sober Jones reverts back to his original behavior of flat out fucking running through people in the first round via slam and hellbows. He was winning with ease on weed and coke, Jones 3.0 could come back and run through the elite in the same manner he ran through guys on his way up and on his way through "murderer's row".

Seriously, this thread is making me laugh. I get it that people HATE Jones and want to see him lose so badly that they sit around fantasizing about ANY possible fighter that could hand him a defeat but this is some fairytale fantasyland shit right here.

NO ONE at MW would beat Jon Jones.

You are getting way too emotional over a hypothetical discussion. I don't like Jones or Rockhold. But I don't think Jones is unbeatable, especially by a 6'3" guy as athletic as Rockhold. Many factors like chin, etc. in this fight are irrelevant. Jones isn't knocking anyone out. Rockhold definitely doesn't have the boxing to win, but it would be a competitive fight.

We don't know that Jones has the cardio advantage. Luke gased for the first time after USADA implemented testing (or whatever infection he had), but we haven't seen Jones since the new testing either.

Luke is a massive MW. He would hold his own against the top 5 to top 10 fighters but DC, Gus, Rumble, Jones all destroy him

Where are you idiots coming from?

Jones has run thru LHW with more ease than any champion in history. No MW stands an ice balls chance in hell against him. That goes for 90+% of LHWs too.

Cormier, Olympic wrestler who rag dolled elite HWs lost the wrestling to Jones anD Was at one point reduced to Jones literally holding him on the ground by his fucking head. The same DC who threw Barnett (feel free to check Barnetts grappling credentials) like he was a child.

Jones is now looking to be more muscular, leaner and longer than the the HW roster with equal if not more lean body mass (as he is now 230 with much lower body fat than the tops HWs who are mostly 235-245)

I don't think there's a light-heavyweight on the planet that can beat him and I sure as fuck know there's not a middleweight on the planet that can beat him. The Only challenges for Jon Jones are at heavyweight.

chael sonnen-middleweight
lyoto machida-middleweight
vitor belfort-middleweight

Jones has run through the middleweight divsion for a lot of his lhw fights. Vitor almost submitted him on like a weeks notice and gus beat the shit out of jones. Jones is most definitely not unbeatable. Persoanlly i think cormier takes him in the rematch

Too soon for this to even be discussed, with Jones not fighting in over a year and Luke only just winning the belt. If they both remain undefeated after their next 4 fights then yes, this would be great. Luke is a gigantic 185er, find videos of him training with Cain and DC, much bigger.

I don't think any MW has anything for Jones. I don't know if any HW has anything for Jones.

chael sonnen-middleweight
lyoto machida-middleweight
vitor belfort-middleweight

Jones has run through the middleweight divsion for a lot of his lhw fights. Vitor almost submitted him on like a weeks notice and gus beat the shit out of jones. Jones is most definitely not unbeatable. Persoanlly i think cormier takes him in the rematch
Who won all those fights?

You are getting way too emotional over a hypothetical discussion. I don't like Jones or Rockhold. But I don't think Jones is unbeatable, especially by a 6'3" guy as athletic as Rockhold. Many factors like chin, etc. in this fight are irrelevant. Jones isn't knocking anyone out. Rockhold definitely doesn't have the boxing to win, but it would be a competitive fight.

We don't know that Jones has the cardio advantage. Luke gased for the first time after USADA implemented testing (or whatever infection he had), but we haven't seen Jones since the new testing either.
Im not emotional in the slightest. I'm merely calling out irrational bullshit as I see it.

Emotional and irrational are all the folks trying to ignore all the evidence to try to make a case that a MW would beat Jon Jones because they WANT to believe that anyone will beat Jones. That is a perfect example of people letting their opinions cloud their judgement, when there is no reason whatsoever to think Rockhold has a decent chance to beat Jones.

Barring freak injury Rockhold's chances to win are microscopic that odds on this fight would be Jones -1200

Styles make fights. Rockhold is an outside striker who would avoid the clinch and likely win the grappling if it went to the ground.

Jones would not dominate. It would be a point striking battle and Jones would probably win a decision, but who knows.

Unless Rockhold turns his back and runs like someone who doesn't want to fight... he'll get clinched.

Back