Rockhold v Jones is thee superfight to make.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Style wise, size wise.. Luke matches up well. Jones does not have that great one punch KO power, and with the solid+ grappling, I can see Luke doing better than Gus.

It may not be made because Jones wants to fight at HW, but before he makes the jump, he v Rockhold at 205 would be an awesome fight.

Where are you idiots coming from?

Jones has run thru LHW with more ease than any champion in history. No MW stands an ice balls chance in hell against him. That goes for 90+% of LHWs too.

Cormier, Olympic wrestler who rag dolled elite HWs lost the wrestling to Jones anD Was at one point reduced to Jones literally holding him on the ground by his fucking head. The same DC who threw Barnett (feel free to check Barnetts grappling credentials) like he was a child.

Jones is now looking to be more muscular, leaner and longer than the the HW roster with equal if not more lean body mass (as he is now 230 with much lower body fat than the tops HWs who are mostly 235-245)

I don't think there's a light-heavyweight on the planet that can beat him and I sure as fuck know there's not a middleweight on the planet that can beat him. The Only challenges for Jon Jones are at heavyweight.

Last edited:
Yeah and Weidman/Jones was the super-fight to make until two months ago...

Hilarious.

I think Jones wrecks him easily ....
Rockhold vs Gus could be a good fight but that's as high up the 205 ladder I see Rockhold being competitive

Rockhold is not that good, Jones would step on him.

Also...

images

Jones has run thru LHW with more ease than any champion in history. No MW stands an ice balls chance in hell against him. That goes for 90+% of LHWs too.
his fight with Gus was close, Luke could beat Gus. Jones beating Glover the way he did and catching Machida in a guillotine doesn't mean he destroys Rockhold dumbass. Who uh, who did better against Machida again? Was that Luke, or Jones?

Jesus, can't the guy get a single title defense under his belt before he gets calls to take on the most gifted fighter of his generation?

Hi

his fight with Gus was close, Luke could beat Gus. Jones beating Glover the way he did and catching Machida in a guillotine doesn't mean he destroys Rockhold dumbass. Who uh, who did better against Machida again? Was that Luke, or Jones?

Using MMA Math... Automatic fail. Lawlz.

People underestimate Rockhold, Jones would be the favorite and probably win, but it wouldn't be THAT easy. Rockhold, DC and Cain fight each other regularly, I doubt Luke is much weaker than them, they're all probably on the same level.

I'm not into these man vs. boy matchups. It's for the "Just bleeds"... Jones is going to manhandle HWs in the future. Why you want to see him slaughter poor Rockhold? He seems to be a nice guy.

Rockhold is fukin huge you would be suprised what he would do to any top lhw
091_Luke_Rockhold_vs_Chris_Weidman.0.0.0.jpg

Saying Jones would destroy him isn't a knock on Rockhold .... Jones would be favored to destroy anybody at this point.

I'm not into these man vs. boy matchups. It's for the "Just bleeds"... Jones is going to manhandle HWs in the future. Why you want to see him slaughter poor Rockhold? He seems to be a nice guy.

lold hard at man vs boy matchup.

Would Rockhold win? Nah, very likely not. Would it be an absolute black on white destruction? No, probably not...I see a Dec win for Jon with neither man really take a lot of damage. Rockhold gets roughed up a bit but not hellbowed into dust or anything.

Cormier, Olympic wrestler who rag dolled elite HWs lost the wrestling to Jones anD Was at one point reduced to Jones literally holding him on the ground by his fucking head. The same DC who threw Barnett (feel free to check Barnetts grappling credentials) like he was a child.

Jones is now looking to be more muscular, leaner and longer than the the HW roster with equal if not more lean body mass (as he is now 230 with much lower body fat than the tops HWs who are mostly 235-245)

I don't think there's a light-heavyweight on the planet that can beat him and I sure as fuck know there's not a middleweight on the planet that can beat him. The Only challenges for Jon Jones are at heavyweight.

Styles make fights. Rockhold is an outside striker who would avoid the clinch and likely win the grappling if it went to the ground.

Jones would not dominate. It would be a point striking battle and Jones would probably win a decision, but who knows.

Anderson vs Jones, no no Weidman vs Jones, no wait Rockhold vs Jones is the superfight to make

Styles make fights. Rockhold is an outside striker who would avoid the clinch and likely win the grappling if it went to the ground.

Jones would not dominate. It would be a point striking battle and Jones would probably win a decision, but who knows.
Jones has a huge reach advatage. It is not like weidman who had a inch on rockhold.
If it goes the ground. Rockhold will get helbowed.

Back